Best STAY AND PLAY places for buddy get together

JKinney1

Reaction score
Handicap
My buddies and I are trying to plan a get together and I'd like to hear from some folks that have done similar. We are decent golfers so we'd prefer a nice place. Prefer to play somewhere with multiple courses or have courses within reasonable drive. Obviously comes down to best place with best price. Any suggestions? Most likely prefer to stay in the eastern US. Thanks!

Myrtle Beach or Hilton Head. These are the only two locations I've done on the East coast, and would recommend it.

Sevierville golf courses in east Tennessee. Awesome vacation resort on property and the Smokey Mountains 15 minutes away.

Caledonia/True Blue are a fantastic pair of courses, and you can stay in the Villas right on True Blue. But that whole area is nice.

Nemacolin, True Blue / Caledonia, Greenbrier,

No brainer to me, Pinehurst

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Nemacolin, True Blue / Caledonia, Greenbrier,

I live about 90 minutes from Nemacolin and I love it. I used to live about an hour from the Greenbrier and love it too!! Great spots!! Thanks

Pinehurst would always be my east coast first choice for this type of thing.

Thst said, Myrtle Beach and the two courses mentioned would be a close second.

Pinehurst, Myrtle Beach, Greenbrier.

Scottsdale. Warm weather, great courses and plenty of other things to get into trouble doing.

East Coast -- True Blue and Caledonia.

There are several areas in Myrtle Beach where you could have a guys weekend and play some good golf. But those two courses are as good as it gets.

Looking online at True Blue and Caledonia seems to be awesome!! Rates are very reasonable!! Thanks for the input thus far

Atlantic City. Tons of great courses in within a short drive.

Love the Outer Banks in NC. U can get like a 10 bedroom house on the beach with a pool and hot tub in the shoulder season for like a $1000 a week and plenty of good courses that are also great prices

Atlantic City. Tons of great courses in within a short drive.

Also a good call. I wouldn't stay in AC, u can rent a house in margate and ventnor which is mins from AC without the high risk of getting mugged/murdered

Myrtle Beach or Orlando have many options

Gaylord, MI around mid May

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottsdale or Sedona, AZ. Sedona has a ton of stay and play options and deals. Plus it's an incredible backdrop for golfing, and there's plenty of other stuff to do if you're not on a course the whole time.

True Blue and Caledonia get my vote...courses are first rate and the villas are nice and can be had for great rates (They love THP too!) And if you feel the need there are several other great courses near by...not to mention the beach and great places to eat!!

Looking online at True Blue and Caledonia seems to be awesome!! Rates are very reasonable!! Thanks for the input thus far

THP will be there next weekend for a pretty cool weekend called Legacy. Every participant going gets a full bag of 14 clubs and on one of two teams that competes in a team event for 2 days. At the conclusion, the golfers get to lee their new bag of gear.

It depends on your overall travel budget and time of year. Myrtle Beach isn't the cheapest place to fly into, but has some good options. Orlando is easy to get to with lots of options.

Maybe a sleeper option during the summer is Sunriver, Oregon. We stayed there a few years ago and the golf and weather were really great. A few courses on site and Crosswater (former home of a Senior major) was a short drive away.

American Club, Pinehurst within reasonable proximity to you. After that it's getting on a plane, Bandon, Pebble. If it's an upscale daily fee trip I much prefer Scottsdale to Myrtle, comparable golf (different styles of course) but restaurants are better, more high end options.

Myrtle Beach on the east coast and Sunriver Oregon on the west coast.

Another vote for Myrtle Beach. There's a wide range of lodging and golf options depending on what you're looking to spend. Good luck and enjoy whatever you choose!

Back