Bridgestone Golf J15 Forged Iron Family Preview

Solid choice dude, I think you'll love them and it'll be a good battle between that and the gamers.

Sent my order in as well.

Decided on the DPFs, in stiff flex. Really hit this iron set the best at Mission Inn and should be a good foray into forged from cast for me. I'm super excited to throw them in the bag.

Using Tapatalk

was wondering if the DPF were toe heavy ,or are they pretty balanced? I had tried AP1 in the past and had very hard time closing face, I don't have a strong flip at impact , I play J38's now and love them. I'm stuck between DPF and DF and CB
Didn't like hearing that the DF have a tingy sound feel, would like a. Soft buttery feel

was wondering if the DPF were toe heavy ,or are they pretty balanced? I had tried AP1 in the past and had very hard time closing face, I don't have a strong flip at impact , I play J38's now and love them. I'm stuck between DPF and DF and CB
Didn't like hearing that the DF have a tingy sound feel, would like a. Soft buttery feel

Felt very balanced to me in the long and short irons that I tried. Higher launch than my current gamers. I didn't experience the tingy sound in any of the irons so i don't have any info for you there.

Using Tapatalk

Felt very balanced to me in the long and short irons that I tried. Higher launch than my current gamers. I didn't experience the tingy sound in any of the irons so i don't have any info for you there.

Using Tapatalk

i agree the whole line is solid.

I also felt the dpf to be well balanced. The df's dont have a tingy sound to me. Its more of a soft forged sound with just a little click.

The CBs have been on my mind daily since putting in the order a few weeks ago. I cannot wait to get them in hand.

The MBs have been on my mind daily since putting in the order a few weeks ago. I cannot wait to get them in hand.

Slight FIFY for my senario :)

Bridgestone Golf J15 Forged Iron Family Preview

Ok I need some help guys! I'm torn between the sets. After reading and chatting with people I'm totally confused on which I want to get. :bang-head:

On one hand I really like the DF's but not sure about their head size. Playing ACP's now. I like the look of CB's but not sure about forgiveness. And the DPF's good too.

Bridgestone truly went above and beyond last year with their support of their Morgan Cup staffers. It was exciting to get down to the Bridgestone University experience knowing that I had my pick of five incredible new offerings, and quite frankly it made the entire weekend a bit more special.

In the end, it was a balancing act between the added benefits of the DFs, and the CBs. After hitting them both extensively, I leaned on the CBs because of their sound, the results, and quite frankly, the looks. Just slightly more my style, and I am excited to give them a try. I went for the X flex DG Pros and we'll see if the stiffer flex can get my launch right into where I like it to be.

A little jealous of you, Dan, having already had the chance to hit these clubs. I went for the DFs and second guessing the choice a little bit, as more forgiveness is always good, but my iron play has been pretty good recently, so I'm hoping the DFs aren't too much for me. I guess time will tell, but either way I'm excited!

A little jealous of you, Dan, having already had the chance to hit these clubs. I went for the DFs and second guessing the choice a little bit, as more forgiveness is always good, but my iron play has been pretty good recently, so I'm hoping the DFs aren't too much for me. I guess time will tell, but either way I'm excited!

The DFs are definitely demanding, but they are more than fair in most situations.

I was looking personally for added value between the standard CB design (which i love about the J40's) and the distance tech that is built into the DF/DPF line. In the end, I went with what I am more comfortable with and while I might regret it down the line, it was a gut feeling after seeing it first hand.

Ok I need some help guys! I'm torn between the sets. After reading and chatting with people I'm totally confused on which I want to get. :bang-head:

On one hand I really like the DF's but not sure about their head size. Playing ACP's now. I like the look of CB's but not sure about forgiveness. And the DPF's good too.
I think if you're hitting the ACPs well then either the CB or DF are your choice. Slightly more distance with the DF but softer butter sound with the CB. I think both are more forgiving than your ACPs though.

I think if you're hitting the ACPs well then either the CB or DF are your choice. Slightly more distance with the DF but softer butter sound with the CB. I think both are more forgiving than your ACPs though.

I wanted to weigh in quickly with one point. The CB is forged from a softer 1020 carbon. Where as the DF and DPF are forged from 1025 carbon. The difference in material, combined with the head design is where the sound difference is coming from.

Keep the great dialogue going guys! I am having a great time reading everyone posts!

I have to say the J15DF is still on my mind after a couple of weeks since hitting them, what a fantastic feeling iron and seemed to be as long as any I hit at the Demo day. Paired with the Aerotech 110 would be a thing of beauty to play....always pondering

I am waiting for my preorder of DFs to arrive, probably gonna swap out the recoils in my j40s

I was pretty disappointed to learn that neither Golfsmith or Golf Galaxy won't be carrying these lines, up here at least. The guy at Golfsmith told me they wouldn't carry them because people only buy Mizuno forged irons. I guess I will make sure to sign up for the test drive program.

I was pretty disappointed to learn that neither Golfsmith or Golf Galaxy won't be carrying these lines, up here at least. The guy at Golfsmith told me they wouldn't carry them because people only buy Mizuno forged irons. I guess I will make sure to sign up for the test drive program.

Funny he should say that because they sell Nike Vapor's, Callaway Apex, Taylormade RSi TP's (they will), and Titleist CB/MB/AP2's. Quite a few non Mizuno forged clubs actually.

my local gs told me no bridgestone, srixon, or wilson in store. he says in these parts titleist is king with callaway, tm distant seconds. he said nike in the south...

I know it's not as easy as going to the store, but utilize the test drive program if you can. Bridgestone makes it very easy and you will be able to do both range and course testing of several clubs. Extremely valuable if you ask me, and a great tool for evaluation.

JM

I have DFs on the brain, because I know the CB's I'm not ready for

Test drive is a plan and hitting some MB's from a good friend. Leaning towards the CB and the FlyZ Pros have the top spot in ponder right now. Whatever I go with will have some Tour V 125's put in them.

Bridgestone truly went above and beyond last year with their support of their Morgan Cup staffers. It was exciting to get down to the Bridgestone University experience knowing that I had my pick of five incredible new offerings, and quite frankly it made the entire weekend a bit more special.

In the end, it was a balancing act between the added benefits of the DFs, and the CBs. After hitting them both extensively, I leaned on the CBs because of their sound, the results, and quite frankly, the looks. Just slightly more my style, and I am excited to give them a try. I went for the X flex DG Pros and we'll see if the stiffer flex can get my launch right into where I like it to be.

I like it Buddy. Pretty much couldn't go wrong either way. Shaft selection has me a bit excited for you.

I really want to try out the cast irons. I love the look of them and I am excited that they have an iron I think I can hit. I hate that they don't come out to April though.

Hey Bridgestone: If you need a high handicapper to test them out further before they are released, I am just down the road and would be more than willing to offer up my services!!!!
:golf2:

Damn I wish I could try these out somewhere near me (Quebec, Canada). :(

Is the test drive program going to be available here?

Well that's a bummer. Test drive program for this guy as well.

Back