The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct about the supply, but there is a reason why OPEC is still producing at 100 percent while reserves are at 100 percent.

I am just worried that long term it will have a negative effect on us.

And this is coming from a guy who purchases approx 30,000 gallons of diesel a week. I love how much my fuel bill is down, I just worry about the bigger picture

But at the end of the day their is too much oil in the market and not enough demand for it. Simple economics in the backdrop with complicated reasons as to why there is too much oil.

It is already to that point.

The job losses alone in Texas and the Dakotas are already hurting us.

OPEC has said they are going to continue to produce at 100 percent even though surplus is at 100 percent as well. This is happening because our shale production was hurting them and by driving the price down we have dropped our production. Shale break even is approx $45 a barrel.
Because OPEC is trying to break the competition by keeping the price below the break even point for those (shale) producers.

If you want to eat out, at least have some idea of where.

Hurt my heel at some point this weekend. Not sure exactly what I did but mid way through my round on Saturday it started killing me. Was able to get through the round and Sundays round but am paying for it so far the last two days. Not sure exactly what I did or if there is anything I can do to alleviate some of the pain .

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hurt my heel at some point this weekend. Not sure exactly what I did but mid way through my round on Saturday it started killing me. Was able to get through the round and Sundays round but am paying for it so far the last two days. Not sure exactly what I did or if there is anything I can do to alleviate some of the pain .

What part of your heel hurts? The bottom or the back? Is there any swelling or bruising to the area? Did you hear anything pop when you hurt it or does it throb like a toothache? Does it hurt to put weight on it?

Just got the call from the vet. My parent's dog (basically my wife's and mine) has lymph node cancer. They say she has 4-6 weeks left but I don't think she sees the new year. She's only 4 and was doing great a week ago. Then she stopped eating a week ago and now this...

It breaks my heart knowing we can't do anything to heal her. Dogs to me are family and I see them as immediate family members. Not something I was expecting over the holidays. Such a terrible feeling when you can't make things better...

What part of your heel hurts? The bottom or the back? Is there any swelling or bruising to the area? Did you hear anything pop when you hurt it or does it throb like a toothache? Does it hurt to put weight on it?
More of a throb and hurts more when I put pressure on it. Mainly on the right (inside) bottom of the heel.

Just got the call from the vet. My parent's dog (basically my wife's and mine) has lymph node cancer. They say she has 4-6 weeks left but I don't think she sees the new year. She's only 4 and was doing great a week ago. Then she stopped eating a week ago and now this...

It breaks my heart knowing we can't do anything to heal her. Dogs to me are family and I see them as immediate family members. Not something I was expecting over the holidays. Such a terrible feeling when you can't make things better...
So sorry to hear, rtp.

More of a throb and hurts more when I put pressure on it. Mainly on the right (inside) bottom of the heel.

Take 800mg of Advil 3 times a day with a meal for 7 days (if you can). Freeze a couple of water bottles and use them one ice your heel for 15 minutes of every hour for a couple of cycles in the evenings. Roll the bottle from heel to ball of your foot and put light pressure on the bottle as you do this. Chances are, you strained your Plantar Fascia. Whatever you do, DO NOT "stretch" it. You can't stretch a ligament and it can cause more harm at this point.

I'm so sorry, man. That really sucks.

Because OPEC is trying to break the competition by keeping the price below the break even point for those (shale) producers.
It's killing our Canadian economy and our dollar. I've read that our Alberta oil producers need 65-70 per barrel to break even... Not sure how accurate that is.

It's killing our Canadian economy and our dollar. I've read that our Alberta oil producers need 65-70 per barrel to break even... Not sure how accurate that is.

So many layoffs in Alberta right now, I have guys applying for jobs that pay 15 bucks an hour and they were making 6 figures out on the rigs.

So many layoffs in Alberta right now, I have guys applying for jobs that pay 15 bucks an hour and they were making 6 figures out on the rigs.

It isn't just affecting Alberta though. In Manitoba, where we are making trailers for out west, we went from 90 workers on the floor last Christmas..... to 14 this year.

Sales are ridiculously low, and it seems like everyone is affected by it. It is great that gas here is like 87 cents a litre, but I would gladly pay $1.20 a litre again if it meant work was booming.

That sounds about right. My guys that are big in the Midland Texas area said their break even is 45 a barrel so about 20 higher for Canada is about right.
I know everyone is loving cheaper gas but long term it is hurting us bad.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I'm really sorry about this. We went through this not too long ago. It sucks.

People that go through the ATM car line at the banks: this line is for quick transactions. I really wish we could wait while you deposit checks or do a balance inquiry before withdrawing but we don't. Use the teller line next time.

Well handed out raises today, people all ready complaining about what they got and how they deserve more. Look I have paperwork on top of paperwork of associate reviews and can tell you what you do good and what needs improved. Instead of complaining, go out and work a little harder. Next time I will just not give a raise and see what people say than

Well handed out raises today, people all ready complaining about what they got and how they deserve more. Look I have paperwork on top of paperwork of associate reviews and can tell you what you do good and what needs improved. Instead of complaining, go out and work a little harder. Next time I will just not give a raise and see what people say than
In my lady position as GM. I always got aggravated this time of year. When people expect bonus as an entitlement. During the recession years when we were losing revenue year over year I still paid them put for "morale" and even then people complained they weren't as much as before.

I tried to explain the concept of a bonus an how it's usually earned. Didn't seem to matter. It was always, I want mine type of attitude

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

The word deserve is a harmful thing nowadays.

I hate hospitals

The word deserve is a harmful thing nowadays.
It is. And it should be earned and not what I deserve. I worked my butt off when I got here and after 2 years promoted me to supervisor. Other 2 candidates had been here years longer than me. I worked hard, never complained and they noticed it. I earned that job over them cause they got comfortable around here and didn't work hard. They thought they were going to get handed the job cause they've been here longer and deserve it. I don't want to lose my job so I go in everyday and do my job plus more

100% agreed. It'll be a while before I can get myself to step into Hopkins again.
I hate hospitals

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

One of the things I hated about managing people. Everyone "deserves" more in their eyes. With today's economy people should be happy they have jobs and tag said job is fortunate to give pay raises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back