Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering 54 & 58* wedges to round out my bag. Looking at pulling out the 5Deep/4hybrid/4iron depending on the day. Replace my 56* with a pair of wedges.

Me wants some Shamrocks!

Pondering a driver fitting. After my fitting with callaway for irons I am questioning if i am not at full potential with my driver.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Going to get serious about short game after this week is over. Really want to have a wedge shoot out.

RTX 2.0
Vs.
J15
Vs.
MD3
Vs
PMP
Vs.
Vokey

I like that shootout X. I'm an RTX 2.0 guy, but I do enjoy that PM grind in the 58 spot.

I like that shootout X. I'm an RTX 2.0 guy, but I do enjoy that PM grind in the 58 spot.

Those have creeped into my head a lot lately. CB in the 50* and then Standard in the 54 and 60.

Going to get serious about short game after this week is over. Really want to have a wedge shoot out.

RTX 2.0
Vs.
J15
Vs.
MD3
Vs
PMP
Vs.
Vokey

That sounds like my kind of shoot out. All are great.

RTX 2.0
Vs.
J15
Vs.
MD3
Vs
PMP
Vs.
Vokey

The bigger question is what are you trying to accomplish. Meaning, what issues are you having with your current wedges?

Those have creeped into my head a lot lately. CB in the 50* and then Standard in the 54 and 60.

I'm CB in 50/54. Was in 58 last year too, but PM Grind took that spot.

I'm a 4w guy. A strong 3w in the 14° range gets too close to driver distance and doesn't provide much comfort off the deck. Never tried heavenwood but 4w in the 17° range to 3i is good setup for me

I see this post is from yesterday, but I think I'm going to move to a 4 or 5 wood as my fairway wood in the bag later this year. I just got back from vacation, played 3 rounds and never took my 3 wood out of the bag. The courses were pretty wide open so I hit driver everywhere, and I have so little confidence in my current 3 wood off of the deck that I was hitting my 20 degree hybrid on the par 5s instead of the fairway wood. I do use my current 3 wood on my home courses because they are shorter and narrower than what I played on vacation, but I'd be happy to give up 10-15 yards off of the tee if it meant having a club that was a bit straighter due to more loft and something that could be easier to hit off of the deck.

I see this post is from yesterday, but I think I'm going to move to a 4 or 5 wood as my fairway wood in the bag later this year. I just got back from vacation, played 3 rounds and never took my 3 wood out of the bag. The courses were pretty wide open so I hit driver everywhere, and I have so little confidence in my current 3 wood off of the deck that I was hitting my 20 degree hybrid on the par 5s instead of the fairway wood. I do use my current 3 wood on my home courses because they are shorter and narrower than what I played on vacation, but I'd be happy to give up 10-15 yards off of the tee if it meant having a club that was a bit straighter due to more loft and something that could be easier to hit off of the deck.
I tend to not elevate a strong 3w as well as I like so a 4w helps. I see almost zero yardage lass with 4w off the deck, in fact probably hit hit further due to better carry yardage.

The bigger question is what are you trying to accomplish. Meaning, what issues are you having with your current wedges?

Well I need a GW for the J15CB set. Only comes up to a PW. Currently don't have a 50* independent wedge aside from the set GW in my cobra irons. The 50* would primarily be full and 3/4 swing club so some added forgives there would be nice.

I could use the Cobra 54 and 60 but want to have each bag with their own wedges.

Hogan's.

Well I need a GW for the J15CB set. Only comes up to a PW. Currently don't have a 50* independent wedge aside from the set GW in my cobra irons. The 50* would primarily be full and 3/4 swing club so some added forgives there would be nice.

I could use the Cobra 54 and 60 but want to have each bag with their own wedges.

Wait, did you change irons again? I thought you hit the Cobras better than anything you had tried to date and loved them?
Why not just grab the 50* wedge instead of changing all wedges?

Wait, did you change irons again? I thought you hit the Cobras better than anything you had tried to date and loved them?
Why not just grab the 50* wedge instead of changing all wedges?

Didn't change. Just added.

I am pondering a Cobra King F6 3-4 fairway. Enjoyed hitting it at the demo and am in dire need of a 3 wood replacement as mine broke last year.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Didn't change. Just added.

Man, I hope whatever you decide on, you get dialed in before May. The Gauntlet will be here soon.

Man, I hope whatever you decide on, you get dialed in before May. The Gauntlet will be here soon.

This is it!! Final week of ponders and changes. If any. Spoke about it this weekend with a previous Gauntlet attendee (Canes). Vow renewal on Friday then it's Game ON!!!!

This is it!! Final week of ponders and changes. If any. Spoke about it this weekend with a previous Gauntlet attendee (Canes). Vow renewal on Friday then it's Game ON!!!!

If you are doing it this week, grab a set of CF16s, thank me later due to the low forgiveness (common when one is tired).

buy another j15 cb pw and bend it to fit the loft gapping. it will probably launch higher because it will have more bounce.

buy another j15 cb pw and bend it to fit the loft gapping. it will probably launch higher because it will have more bounce.

You mean bend a 45* PW to 50*???

You mean bend a 45* PW to 50*???

or 49. I did and I love the result. ball go high, ball go correct distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

or 49. I did and I love the result. ball go high, ball go correct distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. I have a highball flight already. What's the bounce on that like 12° on that 49° wedge?

Interesting. I have a highball flight already. What's the bounce on that like 12° on that 49° wedge?

don't know. don't care. i couldn't get the gapping right with traditional wedges, so my fitter sold me a driving forged pitching wedge he had sitting in his shop that no one would ever demo for any reason. so he said "let's bend this to the right loft to cover and see what happens." results are excellent. of course ymmv.

I hear ya dude. I had a set of Hogan Apex Edge Pro for a loooooong time and that Ben Hogan logo is just a great throwback for me

I hear ya dude. I had a set of Hogan Apex Edge Pro for a loooooong time and that Ben Hogan logo is just a great throwback for me
My favorite iron set ever! Which had been drooling over and pondering the new sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back