Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by MasterCard

This is pretty sad.
Yes it is. I hope we aren't close to losing Arnold.

Rosa forte mentioned there were some positives he has seen with Mr. Palmer recently including getting back on the treadmill. It's tough to see a legend like this start to decline.

He's not been able to do much exercise with that injured shoulder, he probably hasn't hit a club since last April.

Rumor is he'll still be there on the course, possibly even still on the tee box with them.

Mr. Palmer, my wife and myself in January. How special it was! You can clearly see he's aged.

image_3.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

I love this tournament, I need to play Bay Hill at some point. Really bummed to hear about Arnie, just need to enjoy the time that is left.

Does anyone think Every repeats?

This is pretty sad.
Just read that in an email. Pretty bummed about that.

Just read that in an email. Pretty bummed about that.

Saw that this morning on my Twitter feed. Everyone's time comes eventually, and that's always a sad truth. Hopefully he at least makes it to the Tournament anyway.

He's not been able to do much exercise with that injured shoulder, he probably hasn't hit a club since last April.

Rumor is he'll still be there on the course, possibly even still on the tee box with them.
Sounds like he'll be there for Champion's dinner as well.

Watching Golf Channel Matt Every was just in the press room, he's 2x defending champ and it sounds like this dude's game is just a wreck right now. He's talking about blacking out standing over the ball, describing it as a mental block like wondering how he can swing and release the club. Man that has to be tough! I hope he can turn it around and play well, he didn't have a horrible week last week, but he's got some major issues going on right now!

Interesting to hear that the greens are running at a 12+ on the stimp. I rather enjoyed the Valspar largely because the slower greens seemed to be giving everyone fits with the pace. Different green speeds from week to week makes for a more exciting tournament, I think, rather than everyone just competing to see how fast they can make them.

Such an awesome photo, how cool to have your grandfather right there with you! Just hitting balls on the range, getting ready to work, and oh, hey gramps!

Interesting to hear that the greens are running at a 12+ on the stimp. I rather enjoyed the Valspar largely because the slower greens seemed to be giving everyone fits with the pace. Different green speeds from week to week makes for a more exciting tournament, I think, rather than everyone just competing to see how fast they can make them.
I prefer they are fast enough that hitting the ball above the hole is most likely a 3 putt.

They laid tifdrawf, head scratcher. I think it takes teeth out for the general population that played this course everyday outside of the tour stop.
Don't know a ton about grass strains but what do you mean by this? Where the old ones have more grain or something making it harder to read?

Don't know a ton about grass strains but what do you mean by this? Where the old ones have more grain or something making it harder to read?
The golf course has always had hard greens. And the rough is alway penal. Sorry the weekend warrior was unable to hold the greens from the rough. Champion Bermuda is what most higher end course are using. So I was very shocked to hear the direction Mr Palmer went. But he has forgotten more than I will ever know, so I trust the course will get seriously high praise this week.

I thought they used tifeagle not tifdwarf or are they the same

Would be unreal to have a chance to sit down with Arnie and just BS for 5 minutes.

Just a feeling but at nearly 87 I sense Arnie may be a bit more frail then folks want to let on. I saw him up close last spring and remarked to my wife he didn't look well. I hope I'm wrong, love the guy and meeting him the first time and shaking his hand as he flirted with my wife was one of my life's best memories. I hate seeing my hero's get old - it also reinforces that I'm not getting any younger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm happy that I'll be there on Sunday, now I just hope the weather will cooperate and I can see the round!

Watching Golf Channel Matt Every was just in the press room, he's 2x defending champ and it sounds like this dude's game is just a wreck right now. He's talking about blacking out standing over the ball, describing it as a mental block like wondering how he can swing and release the club. Man that has to be tough! I hope he can turn it around and play well, he didn't have a horrible week last week, but he's got some major issues going on right now!

we watched him on the range on monday and he was absolutely dialed in. he knows how to swing, but he must have some kind of a mental block going on.

we watched him on the range on monday and he was absolutely dialed in. he knows how to swing, but he must have some kind of a mental block going on.
That must be one of the scariest things as a professional golfer. You obviously are elite in your field but you just can't get your mind to let you do what you know you can.

As a side note I just realized Tiger Woods was the last person to win this event not named Matt

According to GC this morning he gets to a point where he has so many swing thoughts that he "blackouts". I can't imagine what that's like, he said when that happens and he takes his swing the ball just goes to the right

94d23ef41b2aa816ace88104bce00bf7.jpg

Bay Hill Locker room tonight.....phew that's awesome!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm watching the GC special on Arnold Palmer. He seems like a truly good person and it's very cool hearing the random stories people are telling about him.

Mr. Palmer is my favorite golfer of all time. What he has done on the course and especially off the course will pay dividends for generations. I actually saw him at his Latrobe course a couple years ago. Love the guy!

Back