Ping G irons vs Mizuno EZ forged irons

Va Hunter

Reaction score
Handicap
Interested in the Ping G and Mizuno EZ forged irons, looking for opinions . Thanks

I actually reviewed both of them, if you want a detailed look at each set, check out the homepage.

As for a head to head, imo the G are a better all around iron, they launch better and are a surprising amount more forgiving. Yes, they do have wider soles but its not a big deal for the performance you get. Feel might be the only place the ez Forged win here imo, as you can still tell misses more defined while shots on the g will feel similar whether center or miss. Both will show face wear to the finishes rather quickly, so there is a wash as well.

That said, if you can, go hit them as personal aesthetic preference will def play maybe the biggest role here.

I haven't tried the EZ Forged, but I am thoroughly impressed with the Ping G irons. They're the best I have tried so far this year overall (distance and dispersion). The dispersion is what has really caught my attention though, along with the consistency, it was noticeably better for me even from the first few swings. Spin was consistent. Launch angle was consistent. Ball speed was consistent. That's a big deal for me because consistency is not a word others would use to describe my game typically.

I actually reviewed both of them, if you want a detailed look at each set, check out the homepage.

As for a head to head, imo the G are a better all around iron, they launch better and are a surprising amount more forgiving. Yes, they do have wider soles but its not a big deal for the performance you get. Feel might be the only place the ez Forged win here imo, as you can still tell misses more defined while shots on the g will feel similar whether center or miss. Both will show face wear to the finishes rather quickly, so there is a wash as well.

That said, if you can, go hit them as personal aesthetic preference will def play maybe the biggest role here.
I have owned them both and currently play the G. Completely agree with this assssment.

I encourage you to at least try them both side by side. I tried the Ez Forged and was very impressed with their feel and I also liked the classic look. That said, Ping has something special with the G Line and those irons are quite nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I demoed several irons over the last few weeks. I actually had better numbers on the launch monitor with the MP H5 than the EZ forged. The MP felt much better too, even on the mishits. When I finally went for a fitting last week, the G was much better for me than the either Mizuno. The Gmax was even better. I hit them far more consistently than any other club, nice tight dispersion, and longer than the G for me too. They feel great, but have an odd sound at impact that I got used to pretty quickly. They don't look as good as the Mizuno MP or the Ping G, they are big, but are they nice. That's what I ordered, hope to have them later this week. Make sure you give them a try too.

Back