The lowest course in the world 214ft below sea level

Clarkey

Reaction score
Handicap
So I'm traveling the us on honey moon and on our way to Vegas we had a stop in Death Valley at the furnace creek ranch which had a golf course attached!

First thing that was surreal was that amongst all the desert and sand there was a lot of green!!

The second was the fact that the course is the lowest in the world 214ft below sea level!

I was given the all clear from the wife to have an early round this morning!

It was 45 dollars including club rental!
Clubs were horrid maxfli xl I think the stiffest club in the bag was the putter!!

I wasnt expecting the ball to travel very far with us being so low!
To be honest I could t really gage weather the ball was traveling normal distances due to the rental clubs!

All in all I was really impressed that they managed to keep the course alive never mind being in quite good condition!!

Shot 4 over 74 with a double on the first!

I think I'm off to buy some maxfli xls!

Just thought I would share this and some pics!!

e5u4u8u6.jpg
unehu9ym.jpg
uhavaqu9.jpg
mu7ydahy.jpg
neqe4ute.jpg
3epy2usu.jpg

That's pretty freaking cool, and you're right, that is a LOT of green out in that desert!

Wow Cool. I've been by there but never played there.

Very cool. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Pretty cool pics and good shooting! Death Valley is a really cool place. I used to drive there a lot when going from Tahoe to Vegas. With the Mojave on the other side and mountains every where, it's a gorgeous area. Enjoy!

Pretty interesting course, great round with the rentals!

That is pretty darn cool. Course looks nice, and dang sweet views!

I bet that is a course that you want to get an early start to play

That's a nice looking course, thanks for sharing!!! Hopefully someday ill be able to swing through there, or should I say down there LOL

Pretty cool, definitely interesting that you shot so well with a ~$200 box set. Kinda makes you wonder how much us amateurs really benefit from the expensive gear we buy / marketing we buy into.. with that said I won't be trading mine in for a box set any time soon though lol.

Pretty cool!

I wish I would of headed out that way when I was in Vegas Last year.

That's very neat, wouldn't have expected that much green there either.

I'm in Vegas now looking to get another round in! Anywhere you would recommend??
I know crazy to shoot what i did I was itching to have my own clubs there tho!!

That's a beautiful area - and nice round! Looks like somewhere I'd want to visit sometime, preferably when it's a little cooler though! How hot was it?? Death Valley in August, it must have been at least 90 even early in the morning.

nice round! it seems like for me I shoot good scores when I go out with no expectation of doing so....rental clubs would lower expectations!

It was 94 when I started at 6:15am by the time I finished it was close to 110! A little warm to say the least!!

It was 94 when I started at 6:15am by the time I finished it was close to 110! A little warm to say the least!!

Furnace Creek indeed! YIKES!

Thats a normal round of golf in the desert. I play that every time I play, two weeks ago it was 115 when we hit the first tee. I am in the middle of the "desert" in Yuma and we have 5 golf courses and it has to be the greenist desert I have ever been in.

Thats a normal round of golf in the desert. I play that every time I play, two weeks ago it was 115 when we hit the first tee. I am in the middle of the "desert" in Yuma and we have 5 golf courses and it has to be the greenist desert I have ever been in.

The dryness helps, but that's still frkn hot. We're kinda wusses about heat up here in WA though!

The dryness helps, but that's still frkn hot. We're kinda wusses about heat up here in WA though!

Hahaha... dryness my ass, as far as I am concerned hot is hot. But $10 golf in the summer is hard to beat, so I play. Winter time its around $50 but it is also nice playing Jan 1 when it is 72 and sunny!

Going to school in Vegas, we played at Furnace Creek for high school events (small school) every year. My senior year I believe 3 kids were taken to hospital for heat exhaustion.... regularly over 115 with 20-30mph winds that feel like a hair dryer. Not a bad track at all though. Lots of people come from all over and wait for the hottest day in June, July or August and go play on purpose

Back