2015 Wilson Staff Duo and Duo Spin Review Thread

How is Driver side spin on these. Comparable to E6?

For me that is hard to tell since a lot of the side spin I would be generating is more swing based than ball based

Same here. If I curve it they curve.

Understood I was just wondering if it had similar slice/hook forgivenesses similar to e6 or SupersoftSupersoft

I never really noticed anything like that with the supersoft, though I wasn't really looking for it. With the e6, some testing I did a a couple years back showed what essentially added up 5'ish yards difference (miss was right at the time), though admittedly I didn't do that in any scientifically valid way.

I guess my bottom line answer is I don't know. I didn't notice anything that stood out.

Thanks hawk. Last question to anyone played yellow. Does the yellow color hold up better than the white which seems to fade quickly

I thought Duo was marketed pretty well. Well enough to lead a category for awhile.
I cannot argue that point. I guess I feel it is time to move on to a campaign that translates to a leadership position.I see the entire Wilson Staff brand more in that light. I love the ball but he just doesn't work for me.

Both the Duo and Duo spin?
They have both balls in Charlotte, Greensboro and the Raleigh stores. Sadly, that is all they have.

I would say a touch more than the e6. But you'll get that with most balls no matter what brand they are. I loved the ball flight with my irons when gaming the Duo Spin

I was in the PGA SS yesterday and saw that they were just putting them out. I grabbed a box and hope to get them on the course this weekend.

I was in the PGA SS yesterday and saw that they were just putting them out. I grabbed a box and hope to get them on the course this weekend.

No yellow in the duo spin pains me (same goes for the e5). Boo.

I think I'm going to grab a dozen of the Spin's, why not?

I think I'm going to grab a dozen of the Spin's, why not?

Cause there not yellow.

Hahaha

Seriously though, these will be in the running post e5 testing to be my gamers for the year. Only hit them on a few shots yesterday but was shocked at the spin on the approach into a par 3. Hit an 8 iron way off the toe (half grooved and half on flat of iron toe) and the ball landed then spun back about 2 feet UP an incline. I don't do that typically.....

Solid overall ball I think.

Cause there not yellow.

Hahaha

Seriously though, these will be in the running post e5 testing to be my gamers for the year. Only hit them on a few shots yesterday but was shocked at the spin on the approach into a par 3. Hit an 8 iron way off the toe (half grooved and half on flat of iron toe) and the ball landed then spun back about 2 feet UP an incline. I don't do that typically.....

You know me, I'm not a high spinner so I benefit from a urethane cover on approach shots so without having time with these, the edge is still in the Chrome Soft court for me. But, I want to try them, the Duo was a hoot to play with off the tee for me, so I know these will be fun too.

You know me, I'm not a high spinner so I benefit from a urethane cover on approach shots so without having time with these, the edge is still in the Chrome Soft court for me. But, I want to try them, the Duo was a hoot to play with off the tee for me, so I know these will be fun too.

Makes sense. I still have this "issue" with paying more than $30/dozen (and preferably less than $25). Paying $40/dozen just isn't in me.

i played them on Sunday and they are a bit longer than the regular DUOs, great feel all around. The greens were hard as rock here so nothing was stopping, will play them again on Thursday at different course and compare.

Cause there not yellow.

Hahaha

I was talking about your shot at work today. Spinning it back up the slope was impressive.
What I noticed more than anything was how the ball came off the driver. Seemed to be great distance and gave me the ball flight that I like.
Next round I will put this up against the Chrome Soft had to head for comparisons. I have already seen that I like these much better than either version of the Duo (2014/2015).

Can anyone confirm if the Wilson Staff Duo ball is renamed as the Wilson Staff DX2 Soft Golf Ball for the European market? The picture below is of the previous model, available in Ireland.

I have looked everywhere for the Duo, but was unable to get my hands on any. I am just wondering if they are the same ball, renamed?

WILD0116_17-370_370.png

Can anyone confirm if the Wilson Staff Duo ball is renamed as the Wilson Staff DX2 Soft Golf Ball for the European market? The picture below is of the previous model, available in Ireland.

I have looked everywhere for the Duo, but was unable to get my hands on any. I am just wondering if they are the same ball, renamed?

WILD0116_17-370_370.png

Wilson does not market the "duo" name outside the United States. I believe I recall that the model you mention (in current form) is the same ball as Duo in Europe.

Grabbed two boxes of the new '15 duo today to try out, they didn't have the spin at Edwin Watts though. Excited to give these a go!

Grabbed a dozen DUO Spin today. I'm such a big fan of the DUO and I can't wait to try these out. Guy at the register seemed to have no idea they were even in the store... LOL Told him the regular DUO is such a great ball I had to try these. He threw in a little 2 ball pack of the '15 DUO, too. Pretty cool.

Snagged a couple dozen spins today with some of my trade in cash, figure why not!

Snagged a couple dozen spins today with some of my trade in cash, figure why not!

Such a cool golfball. Probably going to be really popular around here. Great price, great technology and it performed much better than I expected. Looking forward to your thoughts

I played my first round with a Duo Spin today and came away impressed. Feel off the driver, irons and putter is soft but distance was similar to previous two piece version of Duo. I definitely noticed soft landings with 8-SW onto greens and chipped and pitched well. I shot 76 (40-36). As a 12 capper, breaking 80 is always fun. Also, the Spin stayed much more "white" than the old regular Duo and seems more durable.

Took the '15 DUO and DUO Spin to the chipping green today and I have to say, I didn't notice much difference. If any the DUO was checking up quicker, so I really need to get these out to the course, but I guess I was expecting it to bite a little more than it did. It won't stop me from playing it as I LOVE the feel of these and the price is right. Plus, I like the numbers to be black on the ball for some reason... IDK why.

Back