What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Started playing with the new Pro V1x. I am in love. Conversion to full #internetgolfer imminent.

I finished 2014 with TM Penta TP and TP5s and Nike One Tours and they're in the closet awaiting 2015 in the tri-state area.

I recommended e6s to my cousin today and I'm trying not to get two dozen for myself. :smile:

Played the front 9 with the Callaway Chrome Soft and I found it not to my liking around the green. It's certainly soft off all clubs including putter, but the spin around the green is too similar to the Bridgestone e6.
Played the back 9 with my fav, the Bridgestone B330 RXS. Straight off the tee and irons. Spins and stops dead on the green and soft off the putter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday was old trusty, the B330RX. I keep trying other balls looking for either a better or cheaper option and keep coming back to them. Thanks THP, before the Bridgestone testing last year I didn't really care about the ball that much.

I put a few balls in to play on Friday, the Pro V1, the B330, the TM Lethal, and the Monsta. The Lethal is such a great ball, it was the longest of them all for me and I think off the short irons it really had the drop and stop I like. The 330 is incredible but the Lethal edged all of them out.

Put the ChromeSoft into play yesterday and continued to be impressed!
Good distance off driver, great spin greenside, and feel from Driver to putter!

The 2015 Pro V1.

Well...what can you say. Solid work from Titleist. It's long, spins well and feels awesome. Complaints? Pricey and sure it's not the most durable ball, but I did play two rounds with one ball...so I guess that's good enough!

Callaway SR 1

Soft feel, launches well, and spins great around the greens.

The SR Series should get more play; and about that price -- one can find them in the $30's, and in online shops for around $41.

Chrome Soft and 2015 ProV1, I could game either all year and be happy, but the price of the soft is the winner winner chicken dinner.

Chrome Soft yellow, loving this ball

Yesterday I played the Chrome soft and Pro v1x at random. I couldn't tell the difference. Chrome soft is a heck of a ball.

Went head to head, mono e mono with the B330-RX and Chrome Soft. I do say, my best holes were with the Chrome Soft but they are dang similar to me. Really solid into the wind and a great softer feel, for me. All cart paths and trees aside, both incredibly durable balls and two I enjoy a lot.

Played the NXT tour S yesterday. Had absolutely no problems with it and it performed pretty consistently the entire day. Good distance and fought the wind as much as it could, but it was very windy and did drop distance on a couple holes going straight into it. Not the balls fault though. I'd play it again, definitely a good option. Ended up needing 3 for the round, but hit a couple trees with 1 and it held up nicely.

Wilson Duo today. Was given a few 2 ball packs. Pretty nice ball, really holds its line in the wind. Soft off the wedge and putter. Saw a lot of drop and stop with it on approaches. My new favorite is the Aeroburner pro but this is worth some more play time.

I played the new Duo as well yesterday and agree that it handled the wind pretty well, though some times there wasn't much that could be done.

I played a quick 9 yesterday & had the B330-RX in play. Playing the Chrome Soft for the last few rounds I forgot how much I like this ball. Holds the line off the tee, it's great on approach shots into the greens and I have no issues generating spin around the greens. Feels good to have a ball perform as expected even when not playing it for a while.

SuperSoft.. I pray this ball never disappears! Absolutely love everything about it.

Can't say that I 'last' played it, but I played the Monsta Ball quite a bit this weekend. I still chip better with this ball than anything else, and I still can't explain why that is. Two chip-ins with it this weekend.

~Rock

The 2015 e7. I played a full 18 with just one ball. Cannot remember the last time that happened, not sure it ever has before. I came away more impressed with it that I thought I would.

Bridgestone RX. Still love them.

The 2015 e7. I played a full 18 with just one ball. Cannot remember the last time that happened, not sure it ever has before. I came away more impressed with it that I thought I would.

How did the ball hold up in terms of durability? I was extremely impressed by the performance of the ball off the driver, but 1 wedge shot and I had a big scuff on the ball. My urethane balls I played in the past held up better.

I don't know if a simulator round really counts, but played with a mix of the Chrome Soft and e5 yesterday. The Chrome Soft is a great feeling ball off every club I hit it with. I won't comment that much on performance, as I'll wait for "real" golf for that.

Found a Cally Hex Chrome late in my round on Saturday. Never have played one to the best of my recollection. Decided to play it Sunday and definitely was not disappointed with the performance I got from it. Will not replace the B330-RX or Z Star as my balls of choice but would certainly play them again.

Started playing with the new Pro V1x. I am in love. Conversion to full #internetgolfer imminent.

I bet you get that think to suck back 7 feet with a 4 iron too, right? :alien:

I played the Chrome Soft and TMaG TPX a couple of weekends ago. Still really like both balls, as well as the RX. They all have a sick plush feel at impact, feel great on and around the greens, and perform well off the driver for me. I can honestly play any three of these balls with confidence.

But, if Fupresti is likening the ProV1x.....then I may have to try it. He's turned into my golf "spirit guide" after suggesting the R15

I bet you get that think to suck back 7 feet with a 4 iron too, right? :alien:

I played the Chrome Soft and TMaG TPX a couple of weekends ago. Still really like both balls, as well as the RX. They all have a sick plush feel at impact, feel great on and around the greens, and perform well off the driver for me. I can honestly play any three of these balls with confidence.

But, if Fupresti is likening the ProV1x.....then I may have to try it. He's turned into my golf "spirit guide" after suggesting the R15

Since they went to a softer compression I am really liking it.

Back