THP Interview w/ Tony Finau

He is awesome! Great interview

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Loved him on the Big Break and love seeing him on tour. Guy hits a mile long!

Great interview Josh. Also great to see a bigger name like Finau using the SKLZ brand. They get a bad rap for being "cheap" but everything I've used from them (Golf and a lot of products for baseball) they have always been quality.

It is great to see THP being able to interview Tony Finau. I think he's going to be around for a long time and have a great career. I don't always stretch the way I should before a round. Interesting to read he spends 30 minutes stretching before a round.

Great interview and good advice for us all!

Great interview Josh. Also great to see a bigger name like Finau using the SKLZ brand. They get a bad rap for being "cheap" but everything I've used from them (Golf and a lot of products for baseball) they have always been quality.

They really do have some serious big names with the brand in all of their sports.

Great interview!

Enjoyed the read.

This dude just destroys a golf ball......love his thoughts on stretching

There is a similar product to those Mini Bands that Physical Therapists have been using for years called Therabands. You can get them at pharmacies, Walmart and Target. They are amazing for resistance training and are available in different tensions that are different colors. Excellent for plyometric training which strengthens quickly.

Yeah I love the Thera Band green and use them all the time and even keep some in my bag to stretch waiting on the first tee. $13 on Amzn.

nSKsp64.png

Late to the party on reading this, but really cool interview.

Very interesting interview. I love Sklz products and really interested to see what types of golf exercises I can do with these bands. They'll be added to my Amazon wishlist shortly.

I agree 100% with Tony about stretching prior to playing. Many years ago, mid 1970's, I was stationed at Miramar Naval Air Station in north San Diego County. I was playing well then, 5-6 handicap, and the guy working at the driving range watched me for a couple weeks and then asked if he could offer a few pieces of advise. Sure, I'd love to hear it. He said he was going to give me the best golf tip ever. Wow, very cool, what is it. He had me grab the 5 & 6 iron, put both shaft ends together and grip them with a 10 finger baseball grip. Now slowly take practice swings and after a couple, stretch the swing out further, then swing both clubs behind my back and loop them in circles and finish by accentuating the follow through motion. These three exercises stretched the "golf" muscles and told the body "hey, were gonna play golf." He said to do this every, EVERY, time I get to a golf course to do a range session, do a short range session prior to teeing off, or just step on the 1st and do these stretches prior to hitting the tee shot. One other part of his suggestions was after these stretches to always start with a 5 iron on the practice range and then go to a 7 iron, then a 3-4 iron, then a wedge, then fairway wood and finish with the driver. Never start a range session with the driver. I said Thank You very much, now what's the best tip in golf? That was it, and I have always started the range session or golf game with these stretches. Never pulled a muscle and looking back I see what a great tip this was. When I go play a round without a range warm up session prior to play, I do these same stretches and then put a red weighted ring on the driver and swing 6-10 times, then tee off.

Back