Favorite Competition Format

Match play/Alt Shot as long as it is not against Rhi.

If I had to pick just one...Shamble.

I cant remember what it was we played in last years Grandaddy? Both teed off, played each others tee shot then alt shot? Is that Modified Pinehurst? That was really fun.
You are correct. Ive only played that format once in a THP event and i really liked it

Match play - handicapped singles. Nothing purer.

Alternate shot, it really brings 2 guys together on the course and for singles I like skins.

Shamble or best ball. The two we played at The Gauntlet and I really enjoyed both days.

The one where the best tee shot is used, and the rest of the hole is played out separately by each team member. Shamble, I think that is? Takes away the worst part of a lot of people's game.

My least favorite is alternate shot. It's no fun playing half a round of golf.

2 Man Best Ball is probably my favorite but I guess really ANY tournament format that I'm playing in is great!

Shamble for me. #TheGauntlet was the first time I had played that format and absolutely love it!

Shamble is probably my favorite since it covers up my worst weakness...but plain old heads up singles is a ton of fun too.

1 - Individual stroke play
2 - Individual match play
3 - Modified Stableford
4 - Alternate shot

I love alternate shot. It is so unpredictable that you're never out of it!

Alternate shot for me.

Singles. But I also enjoy modified best ball, similar to what we played in The Grandaddy.

Team scramble. Most fun format and promotes camaraderie.

I haven't played any other than best ball and shamble.

i really like the shamble because both players contribute.

Alt shot is the most fun for me besides the #alloutyouknowyouwillneverbelowenough scramble.

Shamble, Alternate shot then 2 man scramble for me.

JM

I like the best ball format, usually the I play the most. Played Shamble for he first time at ever at Olde Stonewall this year and it was pretty fun.

[Modified] Pinehurst was really, really fun the two times I've done that. Other than that, a shamble is fun for everyone.

Mine is by far individual match play. I have a big competitive side to me and that format works for me. I love being able to watch my opponent and know what I have to do to win.

So many to choose from, what is your favorite?
I don't know them all, but I think a shamble is my favorite. Takes the pressure off the tee game while also providing grip it and rip it opportunities, but still requires both partners to stay in the entire hole.

Matchplay regardless of format.

I love alternate shot--the additional pressure to pick up my partner (or more than likely, to not F up their shot) generally brings out my best golf.

I also like high/low best ball. Not sure exactly what it's called, or even if it's a real format, but a point to the low score; and then a second point to the lower of the high scores (team a gets a par and birdie; team b gets a par and bogey; team a gets 2 points).

And then Singles. You can't have this list without singles.

Match play has really grown on me I enjoy it a lot.

I had never tried Modified Pinehurst until a few weeks ago with Pete and Dean and I thought that was pretty cool. Definitely think that is a format where being comfortable with talking shots out with your partner is a major plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer Best Ball and then Match Play most. Shamble would be third. I'm comfortable and enjoy playing anything else too but like that you alone are 100% responsible for playing your own foul balls in my top two choices.

Back