Fox Sports Broadcast Team

Makes sense with the Norman connection.

Did anybody see the "playing lesson" with Norman? He was pretty good, I'll think he'll be great on air.

Did anybody see the "playing lesson" with Norman? He was pretty good, I'll think he'll be great on air.

I thought his ability to communicate golf ideas and techniques was excellent.

Agreed. Satellite went out half way thru it but I thought he we was really solid...

Plus he helps Fox nail down that 55 - 65 female demographic.

Sounds like a good pair to me. Joe Buck will have no problem doing golf well, he likes golf and had an ownership interest in a golf retail store here in St. Louis. If you are willing to take a leap into that tough business you have passion for the game. In my view Greg Norman will easily be as good and quickly become better than Nick Faldo. I think if the position keeps his attention he could even be as good as Johnny Miller. For me it would be great to see more of Johnny Miller, especially if CBS would make a big move to get him under contract. Would just be exciting to see him front and center doing his thing at the Masters. The real problem is no matter who is doing the commentary on TV the elephant in the room tells me that television golf eyeballs are really on the decline because the tournament field pool without a completely healthy and competitive Tiger and Phil will only hold the interest of some but not even all of it's hard core fans. Golf will need younger fans both male and female to fill the void in order to be a thriving business.

Hearing reports of Greg Norman out, I wonder who will replace him???

I read something this morning and they mentioned Paul Azinger

If they were smart, they would put Faxon in there asap. He's great and will only get better.

ouch...
"A source close to Fox Sports told Golf.com Norman "didn’t do his homework and he didn’t know any players who weren’t Australian.""He's an identifiable brand in the lead analyst's chair, and that's fine,"GolfDigest.com's John Strege wrote in the aftermath of the Open. "But he tended not to lead the analysis, but to follow points made by other commentators."

I remember thinking Faxon was pretty good. I don't see an Azinger - Buck dynamic working out too well.

Word is that they are going to go after Paul Azinger. Probably a good move as he is one to not hold back like Johnny Miller. If I remember correctly the rumor was that Azinger was who they were going to hire in the first place and Norman was somewhat of a surprise since he had not done a lot of TV coverage previously.

What about like a David Duval?

Trying to find the link, when I do I will post. I was reading an article this morning saying Joel Klatt will be paired with Faxon on FS1 and Azinger will be paired with Buck on Fox. I watched Klatt last year and thought he was fantastic.

Norman being out was a bit of a surprise, but according to reports, it makes sense.

Zinger has been good when I've heard him, and so has Duval.

I think Faxon is a good fit. They put him in the booth with buck and Norman to try and help Norman and it still didn't work. Leave faxon there put Azinger out on the course

Give me Zinger or Duval!

I'm reading that Azinger is who they want. I hope it happens and they steal Duval to round out the group.

I'm reading that Azinger is who they want. I hope it happens and they steal Duval to round out the group.
Fox has certainly thrown it's money around to get who they want, I bet they can make whomever they want a big enough offer to get them to move!

I just hope Buck finds the door as well. Maybe I'm in the minority but I just can't stand that pompous ass. He is why God invented the mute button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Faxon rules. He is great on local radio also talking about the Majors. Doesn't hold back much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back