will you play any (good) ball you find or only play your ball/s of choice?

will you play any (good) ball you find or only play your ball/s of choice?

• will only play my choice of ball/s regardless what others i find

Votes: 38 35.2%
  • wil play anything found that is in new condition

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • Will only play found balls if they are higher end (more expensive) than my choice ball

Votes: 17 15.7%
  • Will play some found balls I think are fairly similar to my ball

Votes: 45 41.7%

• Total voters
Shad bag.
Ill give them to a playing partner if they want/need them, since my shag bag is full of good premium balls. Used to pick up everyball i came across, but now with a good practice bag im a little more selective.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

There are a few balls I play on a regular basis. I usually play the same ball for an entire round but if I find myself having a horrible round I might change to another ball. If I find a ball I usually pay and it's in great shape I'll keep it for future rounds. If it's a ball I don't play I give it to my usual partner because he isn't very particular. I do enjoy finding a ball I haven't tried. I'll usually start my next round with it.

If I find a good condition ball that know is of good quality, I will play it a hole or two.
It's a cheap way of testing other balls. I did this a couple of years ago when I found a Srixon Z-Star on the first hole.
It was brand new looking, so I put it in play the next hole and finished the round with it.
The next day I bought a dozen of them and played them exclusively for over a year.

If a found ball is in a 'new' condition I'll probably keep it handy for a provisional. I prefer to play the same ball during a round. When I get enough of found 'new' balls then I'll play around with those.

Oh 100% agree with you on wanting to use the same ball all the time. We're not pros who will know exactly what happens with each shot but if we use the same ball every time we can and will have a better understanding of how the shot will perform.

I also have stopped picking up balls I know aren't mine.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Yea that's exactly my feeling. Not that I would never change but I been using the same ball last few years almost exclusively and I know almost exactly how it behaves for me and how it responds to my mishits. The way I am seeing it, when working on my over all swing and game consistency and improvement it really is quite a work in progress. Knowing very well how a given ball behaves (via using the same one all the time) I believe goes a very long way in helping to see results of varying swings meaning mishits or also tweaked swings etc.. the ball flight of a very familiar ball imo offers the best feedback for how I am swinging.

I'm totally a ball snob. I have 4 that I'll put in play and not any others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll play a good decent "found" ball as long as it's near my profile for golf ball I usually play. For example, I'll hit and e6 even though I play Chrome Soft most of the time. However I won't play Top Flite XL if I find one. That would end up being in the hit into the field to warm up, ball pocket.

I'll play pretty much any premium urethane ball. I usually find around 100 premium balls in a year so I am almost always playing a ball that I found.

I'll play a shag ball like a found Titleist, Nike, or Callaway on a water hole.

I'm a lousy golfer, so I play cheap balls...Nike Mojos mostly. I try to play with the same kind of balk throughout a round just so I don't have to try to remember what I hit.

Few things suck more than hitting one into the weeds or the trees, finding five balls close to where you think yours went, then trying to remember if you hit a Callaway, a Srixon, or a Taylor Made.

I'll play a shag ball like a found Titleist, Nike, or Callaway on a water hole.

I used to do that, but then I figured I was anticipating failure so I've made a conscious effort to play my regular ball on such holes. Unless I just found a ProV1 and then I'll play that :alien:

I'm a lousy golfer, so I play cheap balls...Nike Mojos mostly. I try to play with the same kind of balk throughout a round just so I don't have to try to remember what I hit.

Few things suck more than hitting one into the weeds or the trees, finding five balls close to where you think yours went, then trying to remember if you hit a Callaway, a Srixon, or a Taylor Made.

haha that's pretty funny. Ive seen plenty people who don't really pay attention nor care what ball they play and then often find another or even a couple near where they hit but cant recall what they played. Ive also seen some magically know the one always in the best position was thier ball... lol

haha that's pretty funny. Ive seen plenty people who don't really pay attention nor care what ball they play and then often find another or even a couple near where they hit but cant recall what they played. Ive also seen some magically know the one always in the best position was thier ball... lol

Once I identify an "opportunist" I'll ask them what they hit before we ever get to the search area.

I play in a bunch of tournaments (non scrambles) every year. If I am playing in those, I play my preferred ball. If I am just out playing for fun, I don't have a problem playing a ball that I have found that is something I have never played before but probably a ball that is similar to what I already play. In winter months when it is cold and wet and I am just out playing for fun...I will play most anything.

The water hole.... Sometimes this hole still gets the shag ball. The Pro V1 shag, but still a shag ball. I normally play Callaway.

2016 rule: If I'm playing by myself and come to a carry across a water hazard, I will substitute the cheapest crappiest ball to hit over it, then change it on the other side.

Only play 2, either a Srixon Q-star or a Srixon Soft Feel. Anything I find usually goes into the practice bag or I give to my son. I am pondering trying Callaway Chrome Soft this year also.

One of my buddies has probably never bought a ball in his life, and he can certainly afford to. He will play anything he finds and maintain his 5 to 6 handicap playing the best and worst balls on the market

One of my buddies has probably never bought a ball in his life, and he can certainly afford to. He will play anything he finds and maintain his 5 to 6 handicap playing the best and worst balls on the market

When your good, your good. Kind of strange but it can be argued imo that the further from very good one is, the more help he/she might need from a given ball or perhaps better said the more can be gained from playing a given ball. Just an interesting thought.

I most definitely will play a good quality ball I find since I'm terrible and I just don't think it makes a difference. I want to game Callaway Super Softs all the time but if I'm not playing well I can mis-hit anything. And sometimes it takes some pressure off if I pull a "water ball" out. For some reason I'm less upset when I lose a found ball then one of my precious SS, that didn't even cost me much. #makesNoSense

I loathe Nike - everything about them - so I love to hit Nike balls at water. In fact, I'm pretty sure when I come to a hole with a lot of water on it the Nike balls in the "water ball pocket" try to hide in the back. They know what's coming!

Back