Have you moved away from spikes?

I'm moving away from spikes but not there yet. Got my first set of spikeless in July and getting a second pair today. I do tend to wear the spikeless pair way more than the spiked pair.

I've moved away completely. If there are days I need more traction I will wear my FootJoy Sport Spikeless. Those seem to give me the most traction ive seen.

Nope. Ive tried a few spikeless and there is always a point in the round where I slip a little.

With all the spikeless love on THP I went out and bought a few pair. They are comfortable, but I hate'em. HATE them. I played 9 holes and it just didn't feel "right". Tried 'em on the range. May all be in my head, but it screws with my swing. A friend said it screws with your lie angle, which kind of makes sense. I don't know if that's it, or like I said if it's just in my head or if I'm in the early stages becoming a crusty old codger and just need something to hate from time to time, but I can't do spikeless. Spikes for me forever.

I haven't played a round in spikeless shoes, a few range sessions but I still don't feel quite comfortable going on the course. It's all in my head since my feet are pretty stable through the swing.

Nope...spikes preferred always. I've played only like 10 rounds in spikeless shoes in the past 200 rounds :)

I tried out the puma faas lite spikeless shoe and didn't feel like I was getting a lot of traction. And I noticed my right middle toe started hurting after awhile after range sessions cuz the shoe's toe is soft so i went back to spiked and have two pairs of spiked FJs and waiting on the UA ones. Maybe i need to give it another try. I've been eyeing the Spikeless FJs for awhile...any recommendations.

I'm dating myself, but I originally thought the OP was referring to steel spikes.....

Next to the sound of the ball falling into the cup, few better sounds than steel spikes on a hard surface.....

I have tried the spike less and they are comfortable but I just prefer the spikes.

I have both, but as the courses are pretty wet around here now, my spikeless pairs probably won't see any action until at least April next year, just too slippery.

I wear spikes for now and maybe one day I will try Spikeless.

My home course is usually wet, Northern California near the ocean. I always walk and it's a lot of up/down hills. I just have one pair of spikeless shoes I use and never have any problems with slippage. They are actually my softball cleats from Boombah, just a turf cleat. They look a lot like the ones in the pic, black and orange for the Giants!

I still have both and alternate quite a bit. I will say that I'm leaning more and more towards spikeless.

In fact, last weekend in Ohio, I wore spiked shoes on Saturday....and picked up every leaf on the golf course--and there were a ton. Literally every time I got back into the golf cart, I was pulling leaves off my shoes.

On Sunday, I went with spikeless, and maybe once or twice something got caught up in my shoes. I don't have slipping issues at all with spikeless, so they were the clear winner for me last weekend.

I go back and forth. The spikeless provide more than enough traction, which was always a concern in my head from day 1.

Spiked will always be my favorite from just a personal preference standpoint but now, I'll at least consider the spikeless options

Well, considering that i only have spikeless, I'm going to say that I have switched. But this may be because I have never used spiked golf shoes. Looking to try some soon, but I cannot imagine them taking the place of my super comfy spikeless

I'm the proud owner of one pair of spikes and 7 pair of spikeless. I just don't see a reason for spikes unless I just can't be without the design.

I have moved on for the most part. If I know it's going to be wet and sloppy I'll put the spikes in play.

Even on wet days, I find myself going spikeless more and more. The comfort is that important to me.

I am with these guys. The main reason I go spikes on sloppy days is because my spikeless are white and I wanna keep them clean!

I moved away from spikes but have been slipping alot lately for some reason. Going back to my Lunar Controls for the time being.

I just moved to spikeless ,really like the softjoys much improvement from my previous pair. I do not think I will go spiked again

I have never played in a pair of spikeless golf shoes, but I'm hoping to snag a pair for Christmas. As long as I don't slip, I would love the comfort and like the look of a lot of spikeless shoes too. If slipping ends up being a problem, I suppose I'll probably go back.

Went to all spikeless 2 years ago, never looked back. In my constant quest to do my part in supporting the golf industry I have 6 pairs of spikeless, even though I don't really need that many, or do I ?
Along the way found a good use for my spiked shoes. Wear them when cutting lawn, they help big time for traction on slopes and provide some aeration thingy to the lawn.

Definitely moved away from Spiked. Only own spikeless now.

Started having issues with my feet & golf shoes 4 years ago, but since switching to spikeless at that time, I have been problems free.

Now, if I could find a pair of spikes that were as comfortable for my weird feet, then I would consider going back.

I only opt for spikes on the wettest day other days i stick with spikeless

I am finding myself going back to spikes. I have slipped a couple of times and I am now finding myself not trusting spikeless when I swing. I am sure I need to spend some time with them, hitting balls on the range, but for right now I am trending back to spikes.

Apparently my fellow golfers say my feet are too active so going spikeless isn't an option

Back