National Sandwich Day

Rueben

My favorite - Roast Pork with Sharp Provolone and Broccoli Rabe from DiNic's in the Philadelphia Reading Terminal.

Don't have a name for it yet:

Smoked chicken, lettuce, tomato, wasabi mayonaise, taco chips, three slices of roasted white bread sprinkled with a bit of extra virgin olive oil and sea salt.

Pulled pork BBQ and there is not a close second.

Did someone say "BLT"?

My favorite right now is done by a local place here. Turkey melt on a pretzel bun with a honey mustard sauce.

Local Sports bar has a sandwich club the "Clubhouse". White bread,turkey,bacon,lettuce,tomato finished off with a secret sauce the owner created. Hands down best sandwich I've had.

Blazer made me crave a pulled pork sandwich with vinegar based sauce so it was off to Publix to buy some sauceless pulled pork. Slopped on a generous amount of Moore's vinegar based sauce and celebrated National Sandwich Day!

Cuban sandwich from a local family sandwich shop called Brocato's..

I am a sandwich guy, so I have a favorite at every place around:
Subway - Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki (CHicken, spinach, cucumber, red onion, black olives, sweet onion sauce, salt and pepper on flat bread)
Jersey Mike's - Original (Provolone, ham, prosciuttini, cappacuolo, salami and pepperoni, Mikes way minus the tomatoes) or #99 (#43+#56 makes it a philly with meat, provolone, onions, peppers, chipotle mayo, mushrooms, jalepenos and extra cheese)
Firehouse - Meatball or Grinder

Blazer made me crave a pulled pork sandwich with vinegar based sauce so it was off to Publix to buy some sauceless pulled pork. Slopped on a generous amount of Moore's vinegar based sauce and celebrated National Sandwich Day!

That's what I'm here for good buddy. :act-up:

Pastrami on freshly baked rye bread, a slather of mustard and a home made dill pickle will do nicely.

Open faced hot roast beef sandwich with a lot of gravy it always fantastic.
Thurenger sausage, roast chicken, 8 slices of bacon, romaine lettuce, heirloom tomato's, red onion, fresh jalapenos and keans hot mustard on multi grain.

When I make a sandwich it's a production.

Ordered a steak n cheese sub with peppers and onions from a local place.. sooo gooood

I am a sucker for a good clubhouse.

The bar I met my wife in, had the best clubhouse I had ever eaten... I kept going back.... the bartender kept making me sandwiches..... I married the bartender.

I am a sucker for a good clubhouse.

The bar I met my wife in, had the best clubhouse I had ever eaten... I kept going back.... the bartender kept making me sandwiches..... I married the bartender.

Does she still make the sandwich?

Jimmy Johns Beach Club lettuce wrap.

12_beachclub(2).jpg

I would have to say my favorite is D'elia's Grinders. Great sammiches. Now I am craving one lol

I am trying this recipe tonight. All we had was a pork tenderloin so we will see how that works. It's been in the crockpost since 10am.

I just tried something similar this last Sunday. 2lb Tenderloin in crockpot with bottle of Rootbeer for 6 hours'ish. Then pulled the pork and added BBQ sauce and coleslaw on top. Was pretty darn good.

I just tried something similar this last Sunday. 2lb Tenderloin in crockpot with bottle of Rootbeer for 6 hours'ish. Then pulled the pork and added BBQ sauce and coleslaw on top. Was pretty darn good.

That's how we usually do it and it's always delicious! This time we wanted to try a vinegar based sauce so we are trying this one. I 1/2 the recipe since my tenderloin is smaller and boneless compared to the original recipe. It smells amazing in hear, I hope that translates to taste.

Does she still make the sandwich?

LOL No. She hasn't had to cook since we moved in together (so 7 years)... now she just bakes cookies.

Back