Do you like playing with better golfers?

I do, and i spent a good bit of last fall playing with a 3 cap. He never got frustrated with me, and taught me quite a few things. It was a very enjoyable experience.

Do you like playing with better golfers?

My HS buddy makes me play the tips every time we play. I bit@! and moan about it up to the 1st tee and then play golf. I'm usually better for him making me do that and trying to beat him. Usually takes even par to have a shot.

Love playing with someone better then me. Get to see the game from different perspective

I am a firm believer to play/socialize with those that are better/more accomplished than yourself. So much to learn.

I really enjoy watching a better golfer get around a course, which Unfortunately doesn't happen very often for me. They seem to make better decisions (aside from hitting the ball really well, consistently) and know how to avoid big numbers. Hope to get a few rounds in this year with people like this.

I do enjoy playing with better players. But it really depends on the personality of the person. The arogant better player just makes 18 a real struggle. Easy going player, makes it fun and drives me to challenge myself.

I enjoy playing with people better than me, it is nice to hear well struck shots on a regular basis.

I also enjoy playing with people who have a higher handicap than I have - although many times the higher cap is due to lack of distance, not to lack of golf skill. I love seeing the "old" guys with a wedge in their hand.

I like it because I can usually pick up a thing or two. One of the guys in my usual weekend group is around a 2 and I always putt better after seeing him for a few holes.

As long as they're not richards I do. I try to pick up on things I can apply to my own game.

If you're going into the round feeling nervous and unworthy.. It's a no go ;)

Golf for me is a social event a lot of the time, I like playing with people I enjoy. Don't mind if they're 36 or scratch handicap. yes my game does improve when playing with people better than me, I take it a bit more seriously and try be competitive.

On the other hand I'm the 1st ranked player in my team, I have to compete against the best players of the other teams. For me playing with better players at my own club gives me a bit more confidence that I can beat better players. I'll probably encounter one or two opponents that are 1-2 handicap, in order to be able to put up a serious fight it is important that I'm not intimidated easily. :)

I prefer to play with better golfers for sure, it gives me something to strive for, and a lot of times I have found that they have helped me correct things in my swing that I didn't see before

I have had limited opportunities, but the few I have had were enjoyable, and dare-I-say, somewhat educational as well.

I like playing with better players. Makes me focus more. There is usually a learning opportunity as well.

I like playing with better players. Definitely a learning experience for sure. I always seem to up my game a notch when I do play with them.

I, too, love playing with better players. As has been stated, I learn SO much from just watching how them approach the game and how they approach each shot.

You are too kind. :alien:

HAHAHA you are in no way in the category of bad golfers. You are in the category of those I love pegging it with though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are too kind. :alien:

My step mother, step sister, my mother and my mother in law are very much beginners- to the point we go out late in the evening on Sunday nights so we won't be in the way. But I love teeing it up with them and teaching them the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love playing with players better than me. I use it as a challenge to keep up with them during a round and at the same time I like watching their approach to the game, strategy on playing specific holes. I think it has helped me with my game and has pushed me to be better.

I really enjoy playing with better golfers. I tend to play a bit better myself as well as try to watch and learn as much I can

I can have fun playing with any level of player. When I play with worse players I can get mentally lazy and throw way shots. I appreciate how that doesn't happen when I play with better players. But that's all on me, not them.

Back