2016 Masters Thread & Contest - Amazing Prize

This is going to get very interesting today. The winds are supposed to get worse as the day goes on which might make somebody playing early ending up with the lead by the time the day is over.

Agreed. I'm looking forward to seeing how everything shakes out. Jordan's comment on wanting a 'less threatening' pairing was interesting, too. I suspect Rory is going to come in ice cold and do what he needs to do.

In my opinion, if the player has to hit 3 wood or more on a par 3 it's too long.

In my opinion, if the player has to hit 3 wood or more on a par 3 it's too long.

Those are typically called 'par 4s' :wink:

I, for one, am enjoying the lack of low scoring. A major should be played in tough conditions that tests a player's resilience IMO. Leave the birdie ball for regular PGA events.

He's struck it well so far this week. Too many 3 putts though.

Wait, so you are saying that Mahan short game is letting him down?

I, for one, am enjoying the lack of low scoring. A major should be played in tough conditions that tests a player's resilience IMO. Leave the birdie ball for regular PGA events.

I agree. AGNC is proving to be a real test of their skills, as it should be!

I agree, but par 3's should be driveable from the tee.

Wait, so you are saying that Mahan short game is letting him down?
Putter is without a doubt. I may have said IF he could putt better. Same for Stenson. The 2 look lost.

Or they are playing the wrong tee. (obviously no choice in a tournament)

Wasn't there an inverse discussion re that LPGA tourney that called the hole where they were hitting hybrid a par 4? I guess it doesn't matter what par is for the hole as long as everyone's playing it the same.

I do wish the AGNC would relax their major TV viewing rules ...

Hoffman is playing really slow, sheesh

Putter is without a doubt. I may have said IF he could putt better. Same for Stenson. The 2 look lost.

I will be curious when we are all done with the event, how we did.

I agree, but par 3's should be driveable from the tee>
Going to go out on a limb and say they moved the tees up as far as they can go without moving them up to the back of the members tees. That said I don't think it is playing too long today

Golf Channel: How much will this wind affect putting today
Danny Lee: A lot. Its windy.

I will be curious when we are all done with the event, how we did.
I THINK only 1 random name missed the cut (Ryan Moore).

Routine par for Hoffman

+1. I agree completely - a major should be an immense challenge.

I fell for the banana in the tail pipe with that pick :bulgy-eyes:

Wasn't there an inverse discussion re that LPGA tourney that called the hole where they were hitting hybrid a par 4? I guess it doesn't matter what par is for the hole as long as everyone's playing it the same.
There was for the first time it happened in the Bahamas I think but that hole was only playing like 220 or maybe even a touch shorter. Another girl went and did it again at Aviara and I think that one was 250 or 260 which I feel is the perfect length for a really short par 4, plus there was way more risk on the hole compared to the Bahamas

Not bad. We each picked 4, so that gives us 7 of 8. Man we are brilliant.

Going to go out on a limb and say they moved the tees up as far as they can go without moving them up to the back of the members tees. That said I don't think it is playing too long today

Mahan had to hit driver. I know hes's not the longest but that's pretty bad.

Kelly T on Golf Channel is flat out awful. I mean truly terrible, as if she didn't even watch the first two rounds.

Golf Channel: How much will this wind affect putting today
Danny Lee: A lot. Its windy.

Haha, yup! Apparently they missed his comment about having like 15 3 putts on the practice greens.

Back