The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

Being an introvert, this event may be helpful to you to break out. The #ZooCrew are truly incredible people, they get to know you.
I loved that aspect of my time on #TeamBasementDweller they really seemed to care about who each of us are and what makes us tick!
The idea of getting into this is on par with with winning the lotto for me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Just finished a round and out here on the putting green practicing thinking about the Granddaddy. Need to improve to help #TeamRedemption get the W if I am selected

c1b879abe2a60b095b594a142395eba7.jpg

Thought about this event today while practicing.
I have the Granddaddy on the mind, kind of like the nfl playoffs are on the mind of all players the second week of the season. A long way off, lots to do between now and then, but still very much on my radar!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought about this event today while practicing.
I have the Granddaddy on the mind, kind of like the nfl playoffs are on the mind of all players the second week of the season. A long way off, lots to do between now and then, but still very much on my radar!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know exactly what you're talking about. Tonight while I was working on my putting after the kids were in bed, I started imagining each putt was to win the Grandaddy, and tried to add a little bit of pressure. I could feel a difference in my swing and my performance went to crap. My putting stroke isn't pressure proof, and that's going to be an area of focus. To end the night, I said I had to make 5 in a row from 8 feet, with a slight double break, and it took me several tries to do it, and I had to work through some things, but I finally did it. I really hope it doesn't come down to the last putt, but if it does, I'm going to be ready.

I think about this every day. My last round at a new, unfamiliar course really made me feel better about how my game is coming a long. I have a lot of work to do if I want to be ready for this, but I plan to be ready in case I get lucky enough to be a part of this.

Every time I go to the range I have this fantastic event in the back of my mind.

The smile this thread brings to my face is contagious. Its a day maker for me every single morning.

Neb and I talked a good bit about this in KC, and though it's a bit quiet now waiting on the Gauntlet to let it rip and sort out that MVP spot, believe me, the focus is in full effect on our part.

Busisness is going to pick up, and soon, and with that I want to leave you with a couple things.

1) Don't lose the fun while working on your game. It's a beautiful and wonderful game we are going to get to play with some of the most passionate golfers/industry-people out there in the #ZooCrew

2) Embrace Darth Finley, he's a good one and is busting his ass to make this event better than ever. He wears the black hat well, and is great at talking that smack, but he's just as passionate about this one as the rest of us... And that is cool as hell.

3) Know your game, own your game. This isn't about magically becoming a super low cap, its about knowing what you can do on the course and playing to it. Its a beautiful game, remember that.

4) Embrace EVERYTHING that this one is about. The experience, yes, but the badass gear too. All expenses paid and Callaway busting their asses to ensure out minds are blown on all fronts, thats cool. Great people, and great shiny things. That's awesome.

5) You all kick ass.

Just the beginning CJ, this year is going to be unlike anything before, and the forum is going to be an integral part of that. I hope people remember, different isn't bad, different is just different...and its coming.

#TeamRedemption is going to lay it all out there, #TheGrandaddy, the forum, the golf, all of it. I'm effing beyond excited for this to start rolling.

#TheGrandaddy is looming in the distance, and its going to be a hell of a ride.

Posts like that make me want to leave work and head to the range

Posts like that make me want to leave work and head to the range

Haha I always want to be on the range/course. This work thing gets so in the way

Really cool post, James.

The smile this thread brings to my face is contagious. Its a day maker for me every single morning.

Neb and I talked a good bit about this in KC, and though it's a bit quiet now waiting on the Gauntlet to let it rip and sort out that MVP spot, believe me, the focus is in full effect on our part.

Busisness is going to pick up, and soon, and with that I want to leave you with a couple things.

1) Don't lose the fun while working on your game. It's a beautiful and wonderful game we are going to get to play with some of the most passionate golfers/industry-people out there in the #ZooCrew

2) Embrace Darth Finley, he's a good one and is busting his ass to make this event better than ever. He wears the black hat well, and is great at talking that smack, but he's just as passionate about this one as the rest of us... And that is cool as hell.

3) Know your game, own your game. This isn't about magically becoming a super low cap, its about knowing what you can do on the course and playing to it. Its a beautiful game, remember that.

4) Embrace EVERYTHING that this one is about. The experience, yes, but the badass gear too. All expenses paid and Callaway busting their asses to ensure out minds are blown on all fronts, thats cool. Great people, and great shiny things. That's awesome.

5) You all kick ass.
Well put captain!

5) You all kick ass.

1) Playing golf with friends is great - but being able to say you have played golf with the #ZooCrew sounds like so much fun from what I have read that I want to be able to join that crowd!

2) He can talk the talk, but has to walk the walk again if he wants to stop THP taking the belt home this year :starwars:
Although with what he has managed to put on for the last 2 years he has got his work cut out to make it even better, but somehow I can't see him failing and raising the bar even further this year

3) My game is travelling well just now, I just need my body to travel with it :alien:
Two of my last three rounds have been played to my handicap so as long as I keep that going I am in a good place right now

4) If you insist, I won't feel guilty about being flown around the world and treated like golfing royalty for a few days and taking home some very personal equipment and some amazing memories

5) I will be happy not to fall on my ass, but if it provides entertainment for everyone else, then so be it :D

The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

JMan well put! Every event at THP is about having a blast, playing some golf (good or bad, but hopefully good) and living in the moment. But no event lives up to that more than #TheGrandaddy of em all! Callaway pulls out all of the tricks and makes an experience like no other, the equipment, the swag, the FOOD... It's all part of this awesome event.

For everyone that is working hard on their game, the piece of advice that Harry gave me in prep for The King rings true now more than ever... It always comes down to putting!

Jman thanks for the food for thought. The game can be hard sometimes and it's nice to have someone keep you grounded.

I agree you Jman, I was a little off in KC but had a great time playing with you. I know what adjustments need to be made and I will be working on those and be ready in December if I am lucky enough to get selected.

Oh, hey guys. So I hear there's an MVP or something up for grabs soon.

You're 1 step closer, buddy. Wonder if anyone else is trying for it...

The MVP tie in is AWESOME! Can't wait for our next major and that next ticket to be punched.

5) You all kick ass.

Just the beginning CJ, this year is going to be unlike anything before, and the forum is going to be an integral part of that. I hope people remember, different isn't bad, different is just different...and its coming.

#TeamRedemption is going to lay it all out there, #TheGrandaddy, the forum, the golf, all of it. I'm effing beyond excited for this to start rolling.

#TheGrandaddy is looming in the distance, and its going to be a hell of a ride.

I love your thoughts and the passion buddy, you have always been a good friend and helped my stay focused leading up to the Morgan Cup even knowing how disappointed you were not to be a part of it yourself...it's that kind of attitude that will make you the perfect captain!!

Hmmm.....I heard that too!! #TeamRedemption will have 2 MVP's playing..... If that's not a good sign I don't know what is. And now that I just saw you're selected for the #Gauntlet...I'm rooting for you! :)

Being able to showcase your game in an incredible tournament with a full bag of fitted Callaway gear along side some pretty awesome folks..... If it wasn't known before... I'd like to just announce it right now....I'd like to take my talents to Southern California :) Now to win a contest!

Good luck to everyone who is playing in The Gauntlet

Back