What is your transition club?

I'm going to interpret this to mean the longest club with which I would be disappointed with myself for missing the green from the tee or fairway. for me, that's 7i, although 6i isn't far off. I'm not terribly disappointed if I miss with a 6i, and even lower expectations with 5i. but if (and when!!!) I miss with 7i, I'm mad at myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 iron for me. My 5 is extremely hit and miss on full shots.

For me it's a 7i. I'll fire at a flag from that or shorter. 6i or longer and I'm generally just aiming for middle of the green or a safe spot.

6 iron off the deck. 5 iron off the tee. Anything longer than those are iffy. 9 iron and shorter are score.

Awesome thread Kev. For me I'd have to say the 6iron. 6iron down I'm pretty confident in my ability, 5 iron up is when I start to get conservative and try not to miss more than just being aggressive.

For me the 7 iron is where it all changes. I rarely need the 6i or the 5i so I'm OK with that.

Easily 7.

For me its an 8 iron....if I have 8 or less then I am attacking the pin

6 iron for me. Any longer iron and the confidence is not high.

I'll go pin hunting ( unless there is a unusual amount of danger if I miss ) down to a 7 iron. A 6 and I just hope to get it in the middle of the green.

As someone who is learning I'm finding that, at least for now, I'm backwards from most. I'm a tall man and my pro has lengthened my shafts, but I find that I can't hit anything below a 7 iron consistently. I took right to long irons and wood, but I look horrible trying to hit a nine iron. After having me on the low irons for weeks the pro had me putt out a 4 iron and I immediately started hitting beautiful, high, straight shots (if not far compared to most).

8 iron for me. Always has been.

The 5 iron replacement, a 24 degree Hybrid iron, I think a little more before I hit it, otherwise I love my longer clubs, hybrids and such.

7 iron, but I also have a lot of confidence in the 5h.

If I'm hitting iron I'd like to hit the green or I'm annoyed (7 is my longest iron). If I'm inside 125 and hitting my 50* or higher loft I want a reasonable putt. Inside 80 yards I want to be inside 12 feet.

8 iron for me ATM.

I'd say 7, although I'm getting more confident with my 6. Off the tee though I'm usually confident up to my 3 wood.

Mine is 6i I'll go after the pin all day with it. With 5i,4i,hybo I'm just trying to get it on the green or not do any damage to my score.

Although 4i off the tee for me is a fairway finder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 iron all the way. Anything longer, brings a bit more hesitation, mainly due to my fade being more prevalent as soon as I get into the longer irons.

It's the five iron for me.

7I for me, though the last time I played I chunked one and hit a wonderful 5 later on. I don't carry a longer iron than that and I really like my hybrids.

six iron on down, I love my 6 iron, not just the way I hit it out of the fairway but I love it around the fringe on the green, six4three5 can tell you I can be deadly with the 6 iron chipping. ( it may have cost him a hole or 2 in the past...lol)

I've been getting along nicely up to my 6 iron this year. So that's probably the transition club for me. 5 iron and up I'm just trying to keep it in front of me and hopefully middle of the green.

7i for sure. 6i I'm hit and miss with. Cannot hit a 5i. 1 our of 4 will do something resembling what I was after...Oddly don't have that problem with a 4i which I've always been able to hit well. Been sorely tempted at times to play with a 7i up and just a 2h for driving. Just as a test.

From the 60* up to the 6i I'm pretty confident. Anything lower and the confidence drops significantly.

Back