The best shot of the round

110yds out on the 18th from my partners drive in the tournament this morning, gap wedge to 3ft, partner sunk the putt and we tied for 2nd out of 36 teams

Damn dude, thats a good day!

Couple of good ones today

9i from 132 yards & only had an idea of where to aim. I heard "nice shot" from my playing partners, walk over the hill & see my trusty E6 4' in front of the pin. Birdie on the first hole.

Pretty poor drive & mediocre 2nd left me always back on #10. Drilled a tree but forward movement. Sweetest 6i of my life up the front of the green from 173, got the member bounce & 6' past the hole.

#15, nutted drive right up the middle measured out at 289.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really the only good shot of my round was a chip in birdie on the par 3 6th.

Was playing as a single late this evening...caught up to a 3 some on the 15th hole.....normally a 165 yard par 3 with bunkers on both sides of the green and water all down the right....but today they had moved the blue tees back to the golds so it's playing 203...yikes!

So now I have to play a tee shot I am not normally used to hitting with an audience.......it was slightly down wind and the pin was in the front...so I take out my brand new Callaway XR 5 hybrid, take a nice smooth swing and hit a high 5 yard draw that drops on the green and roll just past the pin leaving me a 6 foot downhil putt.....after the guys said "nice shot" I drove up and stroked the putt into the heart for a birdie!!

Gotta love hitting a great shot when you are playing through a group.....just glad they didn't see the tee shot on the next hole...LOL

Hit the green on a nemesis hole. Not cozy, but anywhere on the green is a bonus on this one for me.

Pitch in from 30 yards with my PM 60, for bird.

For the second day in a row my shot of the round came from my Callaway XR 5 hybrid, had 205 to the stick on a par 5 and hit a nice high draw that seemed like it was going right at the flag.....ball hit the front of the green and stopped about 10 feet away for eagle...........no I didn't make the putt :banghead:

Two shots today.

#3 178 par 3 - hit the flag stick with my 5 hybrid. ball ricocheted 25' right and two putted for par.

#8 par 5 bad drive + 3 wood left me 205 out. 4 Hybrid with a little draw to 15' from flag. Missed the birdie put by an inch - tap in par.

Hit a 23 foot downhill right to lefter for my only bird on the day.

Hit a 23 foot downhill right to lefter for my only bird on the day.

That's like 17 rounds in a row isn't it?

Didn't have a lot of standout shots today. Probably either a pinpoint drive on the second par 5, or the succeeding 5 iron from 185 that I put just over the green that set up my one birdie for the day.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Pitch from 40 yards out. Took dead aim with the 60*. Ball took a hop, threw out the anchor, and fell in on the last roll.

Second shot on number 5 (par 4). 8i from the rough 152 yards, to about 15 feet. Nothing super special, but the lie was pretty bad.

Other than that I closed the last three holes with perfect drives off the tee (rare for me). All three were slight fades about 250~260 dead center of the fairway.

Second shot on a 465 yard par 5. Hit my 3 wood dead straight 235 yards and put the ball 3 feet off the edge of the green, even with the pin, which was only about 10 feet away. Missed the Eagle chip by about 2 inches. Tap in Birdie.

That may be my best shot ever with any 3 wood.

I was sitting about 165 out in the left rough on a straight ahead par 4. Could have really went after an 8i, but decided to try to chase a 7i up there instead. Hit it a little too well & rolled all the way to the back of the green with a front pin leaving about a 70 footer. I just let the putt go and half way thought it loooked really good, then it dropped right in the heart for a birdie. Followed that up with a 3 putt from 30 feet on the next green, golf is weird.

Par 3 landed front of green with about a 45 footer up hill...two tiers and about 4 or 5 foot break to the left...drained the birdie!
....wait...that was Kang and not me!

Ok..how about these two:

Par 5 second shot XR 4W...lie was above feet and in the first cut rough. Beautiful tight draw about 250 yards landing on the green and came back. Or another XR 4W second shot on a par 4 which also landed and held the green!
...wait...that was pokeslice and not me!

I got nothin!

Par 3 landed front of green with about a 45 footer up hill...two tiers and about 4 or 5 foot break to the left...drained the birdie!
....wait...that was Kang and not me!

Ok..how about these two:

Par 5 second shot XR 4W...lie was above feet and in the first cut rough. Beautiful tight draw about 250 yards landing on the green and came back. Or another XR 4W second shot on a par 4 which also landed and held the green!
...wait...that was pokeslice and not me!

I got nothin!
You hit some really nice drives yesterday. Clearly the fly-z+ works for you.

5i pin high from 196 second shot on a par 5, blistered. Lipped the eagle but got the bird to keep the streak alive on a forgettable round.

153 yd 8 iron, to 3 feet 1 inch (I measured using my 34" putter). Rolled in the birdie.
A close second - 6i from 177 yd par three, pin high 13 ft right. Two putt par.

One drive - GPS'd at 317, draw on a slight dogleg left par 4 leaving me 63 to the pin. Exact line I chose.

Nothing else tonight was close.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Chip in on #8 from just off the green for birdie was the shot of the day playing Isabella course at Hot Springs Village AR for the first time. 18 in 2:15 with a 79.

Beautiful course with great wide fairways. Lot's of deer roaming around. Nothing like seeing deer footprints tracking through a sand trap. Gotta teach them to rake after themselves.

Tuesday. Hole 18. Drive 249 yds. down the center of the fairway. Longest drive. I said I was going to put some extra heat on it after the disaster on 17. It felt like nothing.

Back