Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just contacted by that company and they are going to send me a tester. This should be interesting!

Just got an email confirmation from Best Grips. They sent me 2 testers out. 1 gridiron and 1 microperf. Anxious to test these out. I love THP. Mention something on here and end up being able to test it out. A small bright spot on an otherwise really crappy day.

Tap Tap Taparoo

Just got an email confirmation from Best Grips. They sent me 2 testers out. 1 gridiron and 1 microperf. Anxious to test these out. I love THP. Mention something on here and end up being able to test it out. A small bright spot on an otherwise really crappy day.

Tap Tap Taparoo

I'll be right there with ya on it buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be right there with ya on it buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes!!! I was hoping they would send it to you also.

Tap Tap Taparoo

Obviously there are a ton of options. Personally I like my GPS (Bushnell XGC+) but for the sake of going course to course and not having to worry if the course is on the list, etc - you can't beat the Rangefinder. I will have a laser sometime this summer.

Thats the big problem living in po-dunk USA. Hardly any of the courses around here are on the GPS'. I'm really hoping to get skycaddie to come to my home course though!

Every time I demo putters it's always the stupid expensive ones that drain everything. Bah.

Curse you Bettinardi and Miura. Curse you both.

Pondering grip size on my putter.. I'm using an Iomic midsize, but I tried my friends Iomic Jumbo and it felt really good.. I think I'll wait and see what happens with my putter pondering first.

Thats the big problem living in po-dunk USA. Hardly any of the courses around here are on the GPS'. I'm really hoping to get skycaddie to come to my home course though!
No clue as to what's involved in doing it, but some models let you map your own course...I think.

I see your point on that, but I respectfully disagree. In the wedge shafts it doesn't matter to me that they match the iron shaft brands as they are entirely different beasts. I've played the same brand in both alot and different in each alot as well. The wedge shaft is a separate entity in my experience.

I am also pondering some high spin shafts for my wedges, so I have some questions. I've got stock DG shafts in my wedges right now, and I wanted to put either DG spinners or KBS Hi-revs in my 54 and 58 degree wedges. I thought the spinners might be a better match for with my other two wedges, but I do think they feel a little funny on full shots -- although I think I could get used to that, and I rarely hit full shots with those two wedges anyway. Also, I was thinking of going to the new Lamkin wedge grips, that are a little longer than standard grips, and I was wondering if that might interfere with the flex on the spinners? I am leaning toward KBS Hi-revs, but only if they would not result in a drastically different shaft than what's in my other two wedgs.

I am really excited about hitting the 588 CB irons at demo day next week. I had the chance to hit one a few days ago and can seem to get it out of my head. I really have been struggling with my irons lately and they used to be the strongest part of my game. I think it is time of a change and demo is going to be the show down day. I am going to come home from the outing and move in to a new set. I am just not sure yet.

Pondering sending one of the ML4's to Chuck at golfincolors.com for a matte black treatment. Been emailing back and forth with him and I think here when I off some of the losers of the shootout I'll have to make it happen.

Pondering the Ogio Kingpin II Cart bag... Really want the Chamber but I found the Kingpin II for $119.99... Looks like a steal, I might have to pull the trigger. I'm trying to find some reviews of the bag, what do you all think?

Pondering getting a Never Compromise Sub 30 Type 40 putter for £88. Has anyone used one or a similar model before? Thoughts?

Thanks.

Looking for a lightweight carry bag. 14 dividers would be great but the weight is the key thing. Anyone know anything about the Puma bags?

Pondering putters and shades

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

This ponder is a while out, but I want to experiment with a mallet putter again after limited success with the Ghost Spider. I've been addicted to the feel of a milled putter face, and two mallets come to mind at the moment....

SeeMore BigFGP:

productimage-picture-big-fgp-nickel-570_jpg_607x607_q85.jpg

Odyssey Metal X #7:
metal-x-7.png

I tried a crap ton of putters and am nervous about switching from a mallet to a blade.... I liked the feel of Yes putters however couldn't find any styles I liked... I think I may impulsively buy a seemore si5 since everybody loves them and I don't think I can handle a blade and this looks like seemores best putters

You should look at some of Boccieri's putters JN. I was very surprised by them especially with all the options they offer.

You should look at some of Boccieri's putters JN. I was very surprised by them especially with all the options they offer.

Took a quick peek, however they don't seem to offer many mallets in lefty. Boo.

Took a quick peek, however they don't seem to offer many mallets in lefty. Boo.

Oh you're one of "those' people :p I'll go in tomorrow and see what they have/can do in terms of lefty mallets if you want.

Oh you're one of "those' people :p I'll go in tomorrow and see what they have/can do in terms of lefty mallets if you want.

I just don't know which models they offer and for what price point. I'm not ready to pull the trigger just yet, but I can see it happening within a month or so.

JN, I can assure you this, neither of those are as good as the ONE CS.

JN, I can assure you this, neither of those are as good as the ONE CS.

I am still in a love affair with my ONEcs. I don't think I'll ever own another blade. If I do end up with a mallet, I'm leaning towards a SeeMore just because the RST just plain works for me.

I am still in a love affair with my ONEcs. I don't think I'll ever own another blade. If I do end up with a mallet, I'm leaning towards a SeeMore just because the RST just plain works for me.
I flirt with other putters, and I love a good mallet. Actually, I prefer a mallet over a blade style putter, but I putt so much better with my ONE CS that I would bee a fool to go to anything else.

I tried a crap ton of putters and am nervous about switching from a mallet to a blade.... I liked the feel of Yes putters however couldn't find any styles I liked... I think I may impulsively buy a seemore si5 since everybody loves them and I don't think I can handle a blade and this looks like seemores best putters

The Pines is partnered with Yes and can give you a pretty good fitting for one. They have all the models including (makes me wanna vomit) belly and long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back