Watches

Looking hard at a Shinola watch. Good product out of Detroit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking hard at a Shinola watch. Good product out of Detroit.

Havent seen one in person but have also looked into a Shinola

Havent seen one in person but have also looked into a Shinola

I saw them recently at Saks, I knew nothing of them, but they had a very classic understated look. I liked what I saw.

e8292af5ac6b09b3407dc520bd9515f5.jpg

My timepiece for the evening.

Love that watch!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

My work watch.

a7f5163b9dc29c114c6110818287885c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

^^^^^seen some action!

I'm always happy with my workhorse Citizen watch...until I open this thread. Then I want more.

I saw them recently at Saks, I knew nothing of them, but they had a very classic understated look. I liked what I saw.

I bought one of the first Limited Editions to support a company doing good things out of Detroit and manufacturing in the USA. I put the watch in storage and never wore it (of course, I didn't think I'd keep that storage this long!) I'm looking forward to pulling it out of the box and wearing it soon. Since the original purchase, Shinola sent me a new leather band and a couple other little thank you gifts for being part of the original run.

You guys have me pulling out watches I haven't worn in years. I just purchased a Kenneth Cole that I think looks great but way to cheap to show among theses watches.

You guys have me pulling out watches I haven't worn in years. I just purchased a Kenneth Cole that I think looks great but way to cheap to show among theses watches.

Show it off. Cost has nothing to do with watches for me. The only thing that matters is the person wearing it loves it. I have seen some amazing looking watches for cheap and some awful looking for a ton of money.

Starting to look at Suunto watches a little bit. I think there were a few posted in this thread earlier, but now the picture links are missing/broken for me.

Curious as to anyone's thoughts on them. Specifically the models with the Altimeter/Barometer and storm warning features. Probably the Core or the Traverse.

Show it off. Cost has nothing to do with watches for me. The only thing that matters is the person wearing it loves it.

This right here is the single best statement about watches! Cost, brand, history, new, old, handed down, or a gift... does not matter at all! As long as you enjoy it and have it's story it is always fun to share.

Like one of my prize watches. This particular watch has never been on a wrist, the movement has not been started since it went through QA in Switzerland off the assembly floor. This is exactly how I wanted to purchase it... When I was 14, I started reading about astrophysics and in turn fell in love with the space program and killed myself trying to work towards a career at NASA. Like most kids with dreams, that was not meant to be and there would never be an opportunity for me to earn a Speedmaster. Fast forward MANY years and jobs later, I found myself in the position to not only put one on my wrist to wear, but also purchase the commemorative First Omega In Space Speedmaster. I hope to hand both down to my son with the story for him to pass on as well.

attachment.php

Starting to look at Suunto watches a little bit. I think there were a few posted in this thread earlier, but now the picture links are missing/broken for me.

Curious as to anyone's thoughts on them. Specifically the models with the Altimeter/Barometer and storm warning features. Probably the Core or the Traverse.

If you are into hardcore climbing/hiking, skiing, or extreme outdoors, in my opinion, there isn't much better out there than Suunto. They can be outright abused in the elements and have features that are critical. Not to mention, they look awesome on the wrist.

I have a soft spot for the Elementum and the Core Ultimate

ss020336000-suunto-elementum-terra-stealth-n-gray-rubber.png
ss021371000-suunto-core-ultimate-black-front.png

Watches

This watch is the most recent, cheapest and most prized watch in my modest collection. Retails for about £100 back in the UK.

It belonged to my Grandad that passed recently, hence the time is still set to GMT as it will almost certainly remain. As said before, cost is quite frankly the least important part of a watch. If you didn't love your watch, you probably wouldn't have bothered opening, let alone posting in this thread, so stick up a picture.

This watch is the most recent, cheapest and most prized watch in my modest collection. Retails for about £100 back in the UK.

It belonged to my Grandad that passed recently, hence the time is still set to GMT as it will almost certainly remain. As said before, cost is quite frankly the least important part of a watch. If you didn't love your watch, you probably wouldn't have bothered opening, let alone posting in this thread, so stick up a picture.

Great share!!!! Been a fan of Rotary for a long time and to see a piece that was handed down... good on you sir!

Here is mine -

305009ff-9cb7-4982-9d98-9e0e781bffa9_zpsb2zqewvg.jpg

I love it. It works exactly as advertised. I don't use probably 75% of the functions but they are cool to have nonetheless. I have found the storm warning feature to only really be useful if you're going to be outside for an extended period of time (say golf or camping)

​Here she is. I paid $29.00 for it.

Attachments

• IMG_0070[1].jpg
    IMG_0070[1].jpg
    92 KB · Views: 0
My Speedmaster requires a service so its back to old faithful until they can get the replacement parts in. A Suunto X-Lander which is around 8 years old and has seen far better days. I use to wear it for everything including work, hunting, shooting and anything else I was upto. So far its had 3 batteries and 3 straps. Its battered and bruised but still ticking on. I'm actually thinking of looking for a new one.

1eb5a338469557dac55bffd6aa5ce0b5.jpg

The new Movado made it today, so pretty.

The wife just bought me a Rotary Aquaspeed in white for christmas..

main.jpg

Last edited:
Must be something in the air, the Mrs gave this to me as a gift yesterday!
b517fea058cc84b917c0354c0abcc732.jpg

Hamilton Khaki Navy Pioneer

​I like it!

So simple and clean, great looking timepiece.

That is a great looking watch Nomad

f008ae78536f88f1912e968ae1c04a98.jpg

Speedy Tuesday for those who partake. :)

Back