Callaway X2 hot driver upgrade?

Thedoswells

Reaction score
Handicap
GST 12.0
Hi
I have the above driver and I would like opinion on whether I should look at the newer models to upgrade it.
The reason I ask is that testing new drivers is not easy. I've mentioned before that I would need to go to 3 different stores to cover the main manufacturers, while each one would be expecting me to purchase.
So I'm not asking what to look at, but whether you guys believe that the current crop of drivers could give me better numbers.
Currently (on gc2) I swing at around 88 to 90, produce high spin around 3500+, and normally carry between 215 to 225.
I would consider an improvement to be in the order of 5 yards increase in total distance, or perhaps a good enoug improvement on the spin numbers or larger sweet spot, or all of these. Or maybe just a confidence factor.
If it's not likely to make much of a difference, I may leave it another year or 2.
My irons and fairways I'm very happy with...
Thanks

My SS is a little bit higher than yours (mid 90s) and I went from the Xhot to BB815. Was night and day difference especially in the spin. I bought it last year based on numerous awesome reviews here on this forum. Club was worth every penny.

I would recommend that you be fitted at a store though. I do not have a fast ss compared to others but I hit the BB815 double diamond shaft better than the stock BB815 one. It was a no charge switch and something I would have never guessed. Was well worth the time in the store to try out the different shafts and settings too. I have a PGA Superstore near me and their customer service has been excellent for me which is why I go back there.

My SS is a little bit higher than yours (mid 90s) and I went from the Xhot to BB815. Was night and day difference especially in the spin. I bought it last year based on numerous awesome reviews here on this forum. Club was worth every penny.

I would recommend that you be fitted at a store though. I do not have a fast ss compared to others but I hit the BB815 double diamond shaft better than the stock BB815 one. It was a no charge switch and something I would have never guessed. Was well worth the time in the store to try out the different shafts and settings too. I have a PGA Superstore near me and their customer service has been excellent for me which is why I go back there.

Thanks. I would definitely get fitted properly, if I went ahead with something. Encouraging to know that there are improvements to be gained, although I have an X2 hot rather than the X hot. Cheers

Hi
I have the above driver and I would like opinion on whether I should look at the newer models to upgrade it.
The reason I ask is that testing new drivers is not easy. I've mentioned before that I would need to go to 3 different stores to cover the main manufacturers, while each one would be expecting me to purchase.
So I'm not asking what to look at, but whether you guys believe that the current crop of drivers could give me better numbers.
Currently (on gc2) I swing at around 88 to 90, produce high spin around 3500+, and normally carry between 215 to 225.
I would consider an improvement to be in the order of 5 yards increase in total distance, or perhaps a good enoug improvement on the spin numbers or larger sweet spot, or all of these. Or maybe just a confidence factor.
If it's not likely to make much of a difference, I may leave it another year or 2.
My irons and fairways I'm very happy with...
Thanks

If I'm you and looking for new and more affordable options for upgrades. Then I'm looking at the new XR 16 ($349 US). Or the Cobra King F6+ ($399 US). Both of these offer improved forgiveness and distance benefits for your swing speed.

If I'm you and looking for new and more affordable options for upgrades. Then I'm looking at the new XR 16 ($349 US). Or the Cobra King F6+ ($399 US). Both of these offer improved forgiveness and distance benefits for your swing speed.

Thanks, I should have said that I'm 57 and have back issues so I don't really see my SS going anywhere but down over a few years, so I think any help I could get would be great.

Thanks, I should have said that I'm 57 and have back issues so I don't really see my SS going anywhere but down over a few years, so I think any help I could get would be great.

Both of these off improvement benefits, I'd also check on making sure you get the correct shaft installed for sure. Play around with lofts (possible increase) and a correct shaft could add distance even with a slower swing speed!

Good luck on your search!

Back