Just wait until your kids get out of daycare for financial reasons.It usually costs about $8000 per child per year.No discounts for 2 kids.Almost like buying a new car ever year.That is a big chunk of change.Many parents had financial assistance or such.Weirdly those parents were driving Escalades/and such.What a messed up system we have

I believe Mr V told me we spent 17k last year on childcare .... isn't that just delightful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe Mr V told me we spent 17k last year on childcare .... isn't that just delightful

We dropped $30k. Ridiculous.

oldest turns 5 today. i barely remember life without him. the next 5 years will probably be even faster.

e601fa4a37d8ed0335dec47af37e4aa0.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1454874045063.jpguploadfromtaptalk1454874057841.jpg

I can post pictures for days of this little beauty. What a awesome ride it has been so far

Congrats!

After showing absolutely zero interest in using it our two year old son has now used the potty twice in the last 3 days! There may be light at the end of the diaper tunnel...

I'm doing my 6yr old daughters laundry....nobody needs this many clothes.
e01026afe7de6898107ae74de2884f67.jpg

After showing absolutely zero interest in using it our two year old son has now used the potty twice in the last 3 days! There may be light at the end of the diaper tunnel...

That is exciting stuff!

I'm doing my 6yr old daughters laundry....nobody needs this many clothes.
e01026afe7de6898107ae74de2884f67.jpg

The awesome thing is that she'll be grown out of them while they're in basically 'like new' condition, and you get to face the dilemma of what to do with all the like new clothes.

I had to post this...was watching the WM final round and my 2yo son is sitting next me on the couch.
Boo Weekley comes on the screen and my little buddy says "look Dad, it's you."
Now I've got a little more gray in my beard and maybe put on a few pounds but c'mon! :)

I'm using online services looking for someone to watch the kids on intermittent date nights. Someone responded to our ad wanting $35 an hour. That works out to almost 73K as a full time job. WTH?

I'm using online services looking for someone to watch the kids on intermittent date nights. Someone responded to our ad wanting $35 an hour. That works out to almost 73K as a full time job. WTH?
We pay $15-$20/hr for a babysitter on date night which is definitely on the high side around here. We use our kid's school's assistants and since everyone wants to use them we have to pay them top dollar to get them.

$35/hr is insane.

Depending on the child, that could be reasonable!

Not yours though T4K...but others...like my the rest of my nieces and nephews, any of them.

I feel happy that our babysitters going rate is $10/hr.

Head. Freaking. Lice.

And then they grow up and get into a top private college where the tuition plus room and board will make $30k seem like a bargain!

Head. Freaking. Lice.
Hang in there man, that sucks, last time we went through it, I think I spent 48 hours treating everything, it takes a ton of time, but eventually it is all over!

Zach is going to be tested for ADHD and Aspergers. Our doctor said that his guess was that he has elements of both.

I know what life with ADHD is like, since I was diagnosed with it at 12 (back in 1984, before they starting diagnosing every other kid that was wild with it). And I see a lot of my early days in him. He is just like me in so many ways. But I don't know hardly anything about Aspergers. I know Zach is not "broken", I also know he's not all there some of the time. The other three are more like my wife, who was the quintessential "Golden Child". You can see them excelling for their ages, many times in dramatic fashion.

In the end, he is who he is. If having an official ADHD and/or Aspergers diagnosis leads to an easier path for IEP in the classroom to help him succeed, so be it.

sorry to drag up something that happened almost 2 years, but can i ask what came of this? my oldest was (mis)diagnosed with autism by his pediatrician a couple years ago, was then diagnosed with adhd and sensory integration disorder, and now his occupational therapist is thinking it's aspergers. he's a wonderful child who melts my heart daily, but i am not blind to his challenges. like you mention, i see so much of myself in him, and i really want to set him up for success in a way that my parents didn't know i needed when i was younger. if you're willing to give me some thoughts on your journey but would rather not put it out in the general thread, i'd be grateful for some pm's. just wondering what life might look like.

That is a great story thanks for posting. Makes you realize how much just doing the little things can mean so much to others.

I worked with a 6th grade boy with Autism for an entire school year and while it was tough I saw numerous occasions where students did some extra little things to make him feel more like a part of the school community. It was great to witness

That's a great story Mike!

I wish more kids would be this way. It starts at home, and that's what I try and teach my girls, too.

It really does man, because of the Treasury stuff I do for the school and the district Im at the schools more than most, and its pretty cool to see how my kids act with their actions and their words, compared to others. It reinforces we are at least doing something right

Back