THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Better ranking than I thought it would be! TOP 60! Wait....aren't there only 24 guys that replied to 441?

perhaps, but there are out of staters ahead of you that still have time to move

I'm pretty sure I haven't moved the entire time. Hoping that means I'm at the top! At least I'm higher than Hickerad

lol good stuff right there.

THose are pure gold.
But I have some questions.
Assuming 441 is ranked 1st, which he clearly is with those tags, who rounds out the top 3?
Can Dave Winchell head over to the check in desk?

Shoot man, I hope the lack of a sim round this weekend doesn't drop me. I'll he playing some Tejas golf, where the carry doesn't matter and the ball rolls forever.

Officially becoming a chore

SORRY IF I LEFT ANYONE OFF THE LIST, IT WAS NOT ON PURPOSE NO BUTT HURT ALLOWED
Again the order means absolutely nothing

Canadan-428 rounds in a row with a birdie, well done
Dave Winchell-Its confirmed, he is in the middle of a 9 month honeymoon. Looking forward to him making a return.
Ntanygd760-Drop on the list after a outdoor round of golf in OH was missed. Rumors swirling that Hickerad stole his CC info to purchase kids playhouse equipment.
Robozeo-90 minute drive for 38* golf, no problem, moves back up to wash away the loss he took for the last rankings.
Cbaker2882-Moved up for continuing to not show up with the Staff bag, but then back down once the scoring app showed his score Sunday
Certifiable-Sim round 81 with no distance off the tee, sounds like the game is coming together and still time to solve the distance mystery
PhillyV-Uggghhh, I have to move the guy up, hes played some sold golf over the last few months, welcome to the top 30!

PinSlayer216/Pkorf-Aweoms Firestone gesture moved him up the rankings, only to be mitigated by the screen name change that has confused so many (not me)
Robman7-No change as he continues to use his Tour X to laser random things around the house.
CaptainCaution-I think a sim round next weekend will lead to another boost...
Hickerad-About as active as the Indians this offseason, the computer has verified he is in deed in the top 60.
The Milk Man-5 birdies in a round over the weekend, up ya go
Gunner- No change here, still scared to drop him but with the weight loss regiment will he lose some strength and only be able to carry the ball 300?
Grins-Moving on up, swing and golf game is a total 180 from just a year or so ago, keep it up.
GolfinFF-Down the rankings for actually going to FL and coming back to crappy OH....FAIL!
Amart-I know hes golfed recently, but no details as if it was good or no bueno...
Maynard-Drops after missing a round in his backyard wile taking family vacation #487 for the year
Bullfrog-Moving on up, sounds like the solid indoor game has followed to the outdoors, keep it up!
Goldenbear67-Drops down the list after getting added then disappearing.
Xhail-Just in time for signups, welcome back.
Ohio_stryker-Same as xhail, resurrected from the woods of Fox Den after the throw up session.

haha nice it only took me a year to recover i still haven't been back to panera bread for food since then.

Just realized it was best ball not better ball. Even better since I rarely miss a putt if I can watch someone go first.

Just realized it was best ball not better ball. Even better since I rarely miss a putt if I can watch someone go first.

haha captain confidence right there! I'll take that bet.

THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Everyone plays there own ball. It's not a scramble.

Everyone plays there own ball. It's not a scramble.

I think he plans to be paired with Gunner, who will probably hit every par 4 in one. #MichiganIsGettingNervous #GunnerBombs

Dave Winchell-Its confirmed, he is in the middle of a 9 month honeymoon. Looking forward to him making a return.
Ntanygd760-Drop on the list after a outdoor round of golf in OH was missed. Rumors swirling that Hickerad stole his CC info to purchase kids playhouse equipment.
Robozeo-90 minute drive for 38* golf, no problem, moves back up to wash away the loss he took for the last rankings.
Cbaker2882-Moved up for continuing to not show up with the Staff bag, but then back down once the scoring app showed his score Sunday
Certifiable-Sim round 81 with no distance off the tee, sounds like the game is coming together and still time to solve the distance mystery
PhillyV-Uggghhh, I have to move the guy up, hes played some sold golf over the last few months, welcome to the top 30!

PinSlayer216/Pkorf-Aweoms Firestone gesture moved him up the rankings, only to be mitigated by the screen name change that has confused so many (not me)
Robman7-No change as he continues to use his Tour X to laser random things around the house.
Hickerad-About as active as the Indians this offseason, the computer has verified he is in deed in the top 60.
Gunner- No change here, still scared to drop him but with the weight loss regiment will he lose some strength and only be able to carry the ball 300?
Grins-Moving on up, swing and golf game is a total 180 from just a year or so ago, keep it up.
GolfinFF-Down the rankings for actually going to FL and coming back to crappy OH....FAIL!
Amart-I know hes golfed recently, but no details as if it was good or no bueno...
Maynard-Drops after missing a round in his backyard wile taking family vacation #487 for the year
Bullfrog-Moving on up, sounds like the solid indoor game has followed to the outdoors, keep it up!
Ohio_stryker-Same as xhail, resurrected from the woods of Fox Den after the throw up session.

Awesome. Quite a list to choose from there for the captains picks.

THose are pure gold.
Assuming 441 is ranked 1st, which he clearly is with those tags, who rounds out the top 3?
I have seen Winchell in person within the past week so i can confirm he is still alive. In fact he was wearing a blue THP 1/4 zip

Pinslayer216? Who's that? Sounds like a real doucher with that name....

Anyways, solid rankings as always mikedean441...and the Pkorf / Firestone offer stands all year. Could be a sweet way to round out the season or whenever fits schedules really. All are welcomed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that formats are official

Which one do you think you could excel at?
Which one could you possibly struggle with?

What kind of teammate do you think will work best with you/your game and these formats?

I think I could excel at alternate shot. I have played the format before and for some reason it has always brought out the best in my game, whether it is the pressure of not putting your partner in a bad spot or the team aspect, I have seemed to fair well in it.

I think I could struggle with best ball. I say this just because it is most reliant on my own game :)

I work best with someone who wants to have fun while playing, won't get angry with a bad shot here or there, doesn't mind a cocktail on the course and who drives the ball straight.

It takes a special kind of human and a decent friendship to make it through alt-shot unscathed. The ultimate test of patience and understanding.

Not sure which of the formats I excel most in. I'd say it's a pretty decent balance between everything with alt-shot lingering behind.

Great rankings again 441. I think that it's going to be a TOUGH task for him come captain selections. Another day closer to sign ups!

Little shout out to Ohio in the latest THP Radio show The Dean Has Spoken.

THose are pure gold.

Definitely.

No real rankings done yet, my spreadsheet is kinda bland at the moment

Now that formats are official

Which one do you think you could excel at?
Which one could you possibly struggle with?

What kind of teammate do you think will work best with you/your game and these formats?

I believe Modified Pinehurst would be what I excel at, I love the format, I love the thoughts that go into each shot, and I love the team aspect.

My one I will probably struggle at is 4 ball. There's no team aspect to it really, so it's just you playing your ball. I can par a course to death, which is decent in 4 ball but I don't make many birdies which doesn't really help out.

I have played golf with most of the Michigan THPers and quite a few of the Ohioans as well, and I really have never played with anyone that I didn't care for. So to answer the question I can play golf with anyone as a teammate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen Winchell in person within the past week so i can confirm he is still alive. In fact he was wearing a blue THP 1/4 zip

You met him him on his honeymoon, thats kind weird

Yusss penalized for working on my game

jdtox:

I look forward to the shamble...I am usually pretty confident to let them rip off the tee so these can be fun!

Alt-shot is one I am very excited about but I have never played... I could see this one getting interesting.

I am up for playing with anyone... I am a very patient guy so I think I would fit in anywhere.

That was funny!

Thanks. Its sad that I figured I had to post it in here to get half of the people to know we actually had THP Radio...I kid I kid...:bulgy-eyes:

Back