Nike VR Pro Combo Irons - Forum Testing Review

Very true, blu. But, I cant find a decent price on these, and I really dont need another set...

I understand. But I feel better about myself because of these irons. And I want you to feel the same way.

I understand. But I feel better about myself because of these irons. And I want you to feel the same way.
I feel better about you because of these irons, too.

War and this set would be machine like

I don't know, he really likes the tt's now

War Machine is only activated with the Pro Combos. I don't make the rules I just follow them

Blades in this set are the single best irons I have ever hit. I was very accurate with them. I can understand though if accuracy is not something you look for..

Nice to see this thread keep coming back. Testament to the quality of this set. Can't speak for the all-splits set, but the blades really do feel beautiful to this day. The grooves are a thing of wonder to me too, love the control I can get with the short irons in particular.

Well I decided to make the plunge, all I can say is WOW! I got the VR Pro-C 3-pw/ D3 Weight, and re-gripped with GolfPride multi compound grips, I lost around 5 yards of distance per club but the feel and feedback is amazing on every shot! I cannot wait to get out on the course with these!

25 swings with the 6 iron using a 20xi ball.

ase7yqa3.jpg

I'm not to concerned with the overall distance. I really like the carry and the high-ish launch angle from the Nippons.

blugold - I'm amazed you get 20+ yards of roll, and that's on top of a good carry distance! Granted it's very wet in the UK at the moment but I can't get these things to hop forward an inch from a full swing, let alone 20 yards, I'm getting a good few feet of backspin even with the 3 iron! It's great, but taking some getting use to as my old irons were over 20 years old and I guess the grooves were worn away!

Blu you are killing the Nike gear. I love following you on your new equipment. Keep it up man.

25 swings with the 6 iron using a 20xi ball.

ase7yqa3.jpg

I'm not to concerned with the overall distance. I really like the carry and the high-ish launch angle from the Nippons.

How long have you been playing these now Blu? Were there any funky things to get used to? My son is looking at these pretty hard.

Last edited:
How long have you been playing these now Blu? Were there any funky things to get used to? My son is looking at these pretty hard.

To be fair. I just bought them in February. I have not yet put them onto the course. Bust so far, there have been a few things.

First, they are not very forgiving lots of feedback on mishits. Second, the sound from the 3i and 4i is a little odd because of the pocket cavity. Those two clubs do sound different from the rest of the set.

But feel is good. They look very nice. And the performance has been spectacular on the sims and launch monitors I have been using.

I played them the better part of last season and love them. A lot of people didn't care for the 3/4 irons but I think they're great. At the THP Iowa outing I teed off with my 3i more than my Driver and people can attest to how straight and far they fly. The sound is strange as Blu stated but they feel just fine to me. If it were ever an issue he could replace the 3/4 irons with VRS forged or something even more forgiving.

Thanks guys, these sound right up his alley, he's got a great game but is looking for something strong in the Nike line. Blu's numbers are stout and got me thinking about them for him, he's about the same in distance but needs a little more forgiveness in the long irons. Is it a hollow type sound?

Thanks guys, these sound right up his alley, he's got a great game but is looking for something strong in the Nike line. Blu's numbers are stout and got me thinking about them for him, he's about the same in distance but needs a little more forgiveness in the long irons. Is it a hollow type sound?

It's more of a click and less than of a thwack. I have a video of me hitting the 3i. I will try to post it.

These irons paired with the right shafts are a solid choice. I've still got them in my bag. I do see more spin with these in general, but that's not an issue for me as it helps rather than hinders.

Blu, you get 20+ yards of roll out? How does that work while hitting into a green?

Since it was on a simulator, I don't take much stock on the overall distance. I don't have issues holding greens. I'm more concerned about the carry distance, which I also don't take as being 100% accurate.

Back