2014 Winter Olympics - Sochi, Russia

:banana::banana::banana::banana: YESSSSS!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

The american ladies showed a lot of grit in this game, it sure seemed like the deck was stacked against them, that was a lot of penalty killing.

The american ladies showed a lot of grit in this game, it sure seemed like the deck was stacked against them, that was a lot of penalty killing.

I didn't like the officiating either. I'll be happy when refs stop 'managing' games and start officiating them.
The American ladies are one helluva hockey team. A few coaching mistakes cost them dearly.

Even during the Olympics I can't watch women's hockey. I have no interest in it.

The American ladies should have wrapped that game up in regulation. 57 minutes of shutout hockey, they give up two, and deal with a questionable call in OT.

Excited for the Canadian ladies and Women's hockey. That was big today.

I didn't like the officiating either. I'll be happy when refs stop 'managing' games and start officiating them.
The American ladies are one helluva hockey team. A few coaching mistakes cost them dearly.

The Canadian team fought back like champs.

Can't figure Russia out with all that talent. 3rd Olympics in a row without any medal. Last medal was a bronze in 2002.

Not sure if its true or not but rumor is that OV and Malkin told the coach they wouldn't play unless they got the line mates they wanted. If its true, I'm glad they lost!

The Canadian team fought back like champs.

And were "gifted" a slashing call. Can't believe they called it I'm OT after letting it go all game. I won't say that is what cost them the game, though. Canada never gave up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats to Team Canada Womens Hockey for pulling out the gold! I do kinda feel sorry for the US as that last penalty should've been a penalty shot, not a penalty. It doesn't matter that it was accidental, she wasn't going for the puck and the Canadian girl was clear on the break. Thats a penalty shot, not a penalty (I was a hockey ref for over 15 years, and play on 2 teams myself)! She might've scored on that shot, but it would've been easier to live with I think.

And were "gifted" a slashing call. Can't believe they called it I'm OT after letting it go all game. I won't say that is what cost them the game, though. Canada never gave up.

The line judge almost let the US win, so it's all kind of even's out in the end!

Selective officiating will be the bane of officiating for as long as I watch the sport, but it is the way it goes. The slashing penalty was probably one of those "let's not have this game end on a powerplay" type calls where the infraction DID occur, yet was let go all game.

As far as the final penalty, Wic had a pretty clear break. It's a shame to take it there, but the call was fairly made. I've read a lot of scathing thoughts on the officiating, but IMO it didn't cost the Americans the Gold. Coughing up two goals in the final three minutes did.

I was pretty upset when I found out I would be away during the Olympics. Today was amazing though. At our resort a guy opened up his patio door next to the pool at blasted the game. The pool was full of Canadians. I've been at some pretty crazy bars for some pretty big games, but nothing like this. Signing the Canadian national anthem in q pool in Mexico with a bunch of other Canadians was an unbelievable experience.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Selective officiating will be the bane of officiating for as long as I watch the sport, but it is the way it goes. The slashing penalty was probably one of those "let's not have this game end on a powerplay" type calls where the infraction DID occur, yet was let go all game.

As far as the final penalty, Wic had a pretty clear break. It's a shame to take it there, but the call was fairly made. I've read a lot of scathing thoughts on the officiating, but IMO it didn't cost the Americans the Gold. Coughing up two goals in the final three minutes did.

You're totally bang on. I've been watching hockey for 30 years now and the officiating is always going to be sketchy. Remember Don Koharski? His idea of penalties changed minute to minute.

I was surprised that last penalty wasn't a penalty shot. It was a good game and the stronger team won. The game is 60 minutes long.

Time to get ready for the big boys tomorrow.

1966721_597035737049918_733523461_n.jpg

I can't believe I'm working tomorrow. My crew has been lobbying me to give them 3 hours off tomorrow morning...it just might work.

8 hours until this huge game. Quick nap, push ups/sit ups, then a big breakfast with the family in front of the tv. This is gonna be good.

Love it Scandinavia in one match and North America in the other going to be a great weekend for hockey can't wait for the most important games later on. Love the medal games.

Matt Lauer just asked Bob Costas if he was taking a red eye home. Matt Lauer just gained some serious points in my book. Haha

2014 Winter Olympics - Sochi, Russia

Matt Lauer just asked Bob Costas if he was taking a red eye home. Matt Lauer just gained some serious points in my book. Haha

Haha!! That's good.

I have the USAvsCAN hockey game recording today so I will try and stay out of here today. Should be a fun one to watch later.

Lets go Merica!

So pumped up for this game! Time to issue a little payback from the gold medal game in 2010. Lets go USA!

I couldn't sleep last night so ended up watching a fair bit of the highlights from the womens ice hockey final.......that was some finish to the game, I don't think many people expected that to happen

Back