2016 Snowmageddon

I'm hoping like heck my flight can get to Philadelphia tomorrow night. Incoming flight is coming from Buffalo, so they aren't affected by this.. Snow is supposed to stop around midnight tonight so that gives PHL 20 hours to clean up the runways. Friends that we are vacationing with already had their (already rescheduled) flight to BWI cancelled tomorrow, and they can't get out until Wednesday.

It's not just the runways and taxiways but its the ramp area where the planes park at the gate that also need to get cleared. This is especially hard when flight ops are going on. Also, they can not reopen the airports until passengers and workers can safely get to them.

BWI will not have any through flights operating today. Just terminating flights that fly in and park tonight for a full restart Monday morning.

3.5 hours of digging out 5 cars. 3 for my neighbors and my two, although for one it was just some cleanup work.

had nowhere to put some of the snow. I have a couple neighbors who might not get out for a few days if the bobcat doesn't come by and remove the snow they piled up behind their cars.

shoukd get a good melt this week with high 40s and rain on Tuesday and Warner temps over the weekend. Just hope we don't have any flooding

3.5 hours of digging out 5 cars. 3 for my neighbors and my two, although for one it was just some cleanup work.

had nowhere to put some of the snow. I have a couple neighbors who might not get out for a few days if the bobcat doesn't come by and remove the snow they piled up behind their cars.

shoukd get a good melt this week with high 40s and rain on Tuesday and Warner temps over the weekend. Just hope we don't have any flooding

I understand and sympathise with you! This was brutal storm that has hurt or damaged many people up and down the east coast. My prayers go out to all in hope they can recover easily!

Well we have good daylight and the match has resumed. A one two punch of the loader and plow tractors has yielded this:
3a16ddff19491bbdd49f3c3a8e687047.jpg

John 1 up.

But when I get to the road I see this:

d1f436749e57825bbe9fde95b0c97cfa.jpg

Back to AS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't seem to be letting up yet. 23" in Columbia.

Im beginning to feel very doubtful about my flight out tomorrow night. SWA hasn't cancelled anything yet. But it's not looking good from what I can see. What makes it worst, all the flights except for the late ones Monday night are showing sold out.

#EffinSnow

Send me a private message with your flight number, if you still haven't heard anything, and I can look a little bit more into it. Still in the process of adjusting the schedule in/out of BWI. Right now they aren't plowing side roads until tomorrow and interstates are one lane around the airport. May indeed just be some terminators tonight so we can run the majority of the schedule tomorrow.

Send me a private message with your flight number, if you still haven't heard anything, and I can look a little bit more into it. Still in the process of adjusting the schedule in/out of BWI. Right now they aren't plowing side roads until tomorrow and interstates are one lane around the airport. May indeed just be some terminators tonight so we can run the majority of the schedule tomorrow.
Thanks. But I got an unofficial word this morning from a nephew who works operations there . He told me they won't say it officially but it looked like it would be a limited number of terminating only coming in. To get planes in place for tomorrow.

He also said the same thing about needing to get employees and support staff there safely.

Thanks for the offer of help!!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

So here's our snowfall. Thank Gawd we paid for one of the few indoor parking spots (which some ass hat tried to steal on Thursday night)

873d07a736a74fbb1479acc5c77e02c9.jpg
29e06fd4fb423627bf1c15c965a25c8e.jpg
87d6744632d202a2b19bf2d16934ee85.jpg
6d332700f068bdf8d22a06844e1a39fa.jpg

Snow boobies!!!

Snow boobies!!!
Not sure what that means. But I like the sound of it. (I think ?)

Not sure what that means. But I like the sound of it. (I think )

The mounds of snow (to my perverted mind) looked like boobies!

LOL. I thought maybe you had seen some real ones somewhere. Ha.

BTW. Those are cars under there. I'm sure the owners have some NSFW words for it.

If you're out shoveling and you know where your fire hydrants are, take some time to clear them out. God forbid the fire department has to come out for a call and the first thing they need to do is clear out around their water source.

If you're out shoveling and you know where your fire hydrants are, take some time to clear them out. God forbid the fire department has to come out for a call and the first thing they need to do is clear out around their water source.

The dumba$$ bobcat driver last night buried one. We had to dig it out this morning.

saw on the news earlier that FD showed up to a 2 alarmed and fir hydrant couldn't be found

The dumba$$ bobcat driver last night buried one. We had to dig it out this morning.

saw on the news earlier that FD showed up to a 2 alarmed and fir hydrant couldn't be found
At least he didn't run the thing over. That would cause trouble.

So I had two choices when I rebooked my flight for tomorrow. One leaving BWI around 4:15 PM and going through New Hampshire and getting in Orlando at 10:15

The other leaving BWI at 6:10 changing in Nashville and getting in Orlando at 10:45 pm.

There re was no way in hell I was flying further north to connect. Nashville it is, the 30 minute earlier arrival time wasn't worth the risk of NH getting pounded out of the blue.

I checked Nashville weather, it's supposed to be 55 there to tomorrow. I feel safe in that choice.

So I had two choices when I rebooked my flight for tomorrow. One leaving BWI around 4:15 PM and going through New Hampshire and getting in Orlando at 10:15

The other leaving BWI at 6:10 changing in Nashville and getting in Orlando at 10:45 pm.

There re was no way in hell I was flying further north to connect. Nashville it is, the 30 minute earlier arrival time wasn't worth the risk of NH getting pounded out of the blue.

I checked Nashville weather, it's supposed to be 55 there to tomorrow. I feel safe in that choice.

That is some ridiculous routing right there. No more snow pounding up here, thankfully. Safe travels tomorrow Rob!

So the office building parking lot next to us, has had a single bobcat out there working all day, still going at it. I hear concrete over there and see very little snow covering there lot.

On on the other hand. Our maintenance crew and the single pickup truck guy with a plow they hired hasn't been seen since about 11:00 am this morning.

Wish I could go get that bobcat guys card and give it our complex management.

That is some ridiculous routing right there. No more snow pounding up here, thankfully. Safe travels tomorrow Rob!
Yep. I think all the non stops were grabbed by the Saturday cancellations. I'm just glad I got this one when I did. If I had waited for the official cancellation to be announced, I wouldn't be going until Tuesday afternoon.

I think this is maybe the 2nd or third time in 22 years living here, that I've had to have a connection on SW. Usually I'm able to get a non stop just about anywhere I've gone with them, including cross country to San Diego.

Wise choice taking what you could, and I agree that even though MHT has okay weather, there's more flights that transit Nashville, in the event something else goes wrong.

So the office building parking lot next to us, has had a single bobcat out there working all day, still going at it. I hear concrete over there and see very little snow covering there lot.

On on the other hand. Our maintenance crew and the single pickup truck guy with a plow they hired hasn't been seen since about 11:00 am this morning.

Wish I could go get that bobcat guys card and give it our complex management.

we had a bobcat come thru last night and he moved a lot of snow around and didn't get anywhere near the blacktop and the plow that looked like came thru later didn't do anything. The bobcat guy left ever car blocked in including handicap spots and buried a fire hydrant.

We started driving down to Orlando Friday. Got stopped by the snow in Richmond for 2 nights. Left Richmond this morning. Saw some friends in Pinehurst for lunch. At the Holiday Inn in Waterboro, SC. Will have around 320 miles to Orlando in the morning. REALLY looking forward to the PGA merchandise show. Will look for JB and GG on Tuesday!

I understand why, but flying in the wrong direction still seems strange. Nashville was a much better choice. Good luck getting out tomorrow!

24-26 inches here. I got my car out this afternoon right before the first NFL game and met a few new neighbors. The storm wasn't all bad..just 99% bad.

I did indeed get back to Philly tonight. This is my back porch. 24"-26" are the official totals in neighboring townships..

CZimJwWWEAAnG-T.jpg:large

Back