TaylorMade M2 Driver Review Thread

Awesome! Mine will be getting delivered tomorrow. I can't wait to open it up and post pics/ initial thoughts. I will be updating ASAP tomorrow late afternoon as soon as I get home from work. Very excited and thankful to have been selected to be a reviewer for this driver.

Hit this at Dicks tonight. Bad idea. Felt good. I've been bombing my GBB, but I do like the look of the M2.

Dang it!

I'm not all that excited about this club so I will be intrigued to see if the review thread can wet my apatite.

I'm not all that excited about this club so I will be intrigued to see if the review thread can wet my apatite.

What is it that turns you off about it? Crown graphics? Extra forgiveness?

What is it that turns you off about it? Crown graphics? Extra forgiveness?

TM lost me years I grew tired of how they marketed their equipment. I did end up playing the R1 so crown graphics aren't an issue. They just don't move the needle for me like some others out there right now. That's why I'll be interested in following this one maybe it will drive me to go check it out.

The shop called and my new M2 came in today. Can't wait to pick it up. Playing a round this weekend and will report back.

I have not been into TM drivers for a while, but I want to hit this one. Looks great, thanks for the early pics. Can't wait for feedback.

I'm looking forward to chiming in on this review despite not being an official tester.
I've got a M2 HL (13 Degree) on order with a HZRDUS Black 75 at 45". I was getting almost perfect numbers with this setup on the monitor so I just couldn't resist the urge to drop the coin on it.
Sounds like a sweet setup!

I've hit the M2 fairway, and the irons, but I haven't hit this. Based off the results with the other stuff I'm not sure this is the something for me but I'm interested to see everyone's results. I like the looks of the driver, and didn't have any issues looking at the fairway wood, which is similar in appearance, in fact I quite like the look at setup. Beags is right in that the crown works like an alignment aide.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Just got text from my wife that my M2 was just delivered! Can't wait to get home and check it out. I will post pics tonight after work!

Hit the M2 and the Ping G at GOLFMART yesterday. For ME the Ping worked better hands down. The G felt more explosive off the face and I was getting higher club head speeds and distance. The G also seemed more forgiving across the face.

Hit the M2 and the Ping G at GOLFMART yesterday. For ME the Ping worked better hands down. The G felt more explosive off the face and I was getting higher club head speeds and distance. The G also seemed more forgiving across the face.

In briefly demoing the new G series, I would agree in saying that it is a very sold driver. I am just about to pull the trigger on one, and I think it would be awesome to have another hot contender to compare the M2 to in my reviews.

Got mine yesterday. Will post pictures later today.

In briefly demoing the new G series, I would agree in saying that it is a very sold driver. I am just about to pull the trigger on one, and I think it would be awesome to have another hot contender to compare the M2 to in my reviews.

I have one still in the wrapper that under normal circumstance I would have played by now. I'm sure I'll hit it at some point.

Just because (I have more angles I can upload tonight):

DSC_0985-XL.jpg

DSC_0986-XL.jpg

DSC_0987-XL.jpg

DSC_0988-XL.jpg

DSC_0989-XL.jpg

Also don't sleep on the Callaway XR 16 Driver. Another very solid driver.

Also don't sleep on the Callaway XR 16 Driver. Another very solid driver.
Tip of the iceberg. There are just so many excellent drivers right now, M2 included.

Last edited:
Just got text from my wife that my M2 was just delivered! Can't wait to get home and check it out. I will post pics tonight after work!

Good luck focusing on work today.

Its purdy!

I eagerly raced home from work today to check out my new M2. As I mentioned in a post above, my wife had notified me this morning that it had come, so it was a long afternoon trying to pass the time until I could get out and come home to open it up. As everyone can tell from WarEagle and Jman's pictures (I will post more too) this is a great looking driver. I can't get over how cool, clean, and tech packed the crown looks at address.

I am very excited about this opportunity and look forward to getting some swings in next so I can talk about the performance of this driver!

Last edited:
^ cool stuff there. Hope she works out for ya. Love new shiny toys !!

Pics are gonna have to wait until tomorrow. My wife is gonna help me since she is a hobbyist photographer and she was busy with work.

Some more I took because I have a photo addiction.

DSC_0993-XL.jpg

DSC_0995-XL.jpg

DSC_0996-XL.jpg

DSC_0997-XL.jpg

DSC_0999-XL.jpg

DSC_1000-XL.jpg

DSC_1002-XL.jpg

DSC_1003-XL.jpg

DSC_1004-XL.jpg

DSC_1005-XL.jpg

DSC_1006-XL.jpg

DSC_1007-XL.jpg

DSC_1008-XL.jpg

DSC_1009-XL.jpg

Gorgeous pics Jman! I'm a bit bummed about the 'new style' headcover as I think they are awful, but I'll just hide the M2 under a W/S or Titleist gem.

Back