What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 yesterday and 78 today. Texas golf ain't easy.

I don't know how... or why... or if... it will happen again soon (or ever LOL) but I broke 80 for the first time today with my PB ever of 79. I put up a 39-40. I will note that I play the gold tees with these old guys but still my previous best was a 88 on this course and only one other 88 in the last year. I really feel that in my last few rounds my ball striking has been better but I really contibute today to a relaxed attitude and not stressing and over thinking things. Another thing that may or may not have contibuted but my confidence in my clubs has never been this strong. It was great playing with my usual group and watching them encourage me to keep it up because they normally shoot 79-82 and I'm the high capper in the group. So yeah... Today was awesome!

I don't know how... or why... or if... it will happen again soon (or ever LOL) but I broke 80 for the first time today with my PB ever of 79. I put up a 39-40. I will note that I play the gold tees with these old guys but still my previous best was a 88 on this course and only one other 88 in the last year. I really feel that in my last few rounds my ball striking has been better but I really contibute today to a relaxed attitude and not stressing and over thinking things. Another thing that may or may not have contibuted but my confidence in my clubs has never been this strong. It was great playing with my usual group and watching them encourage me to keep it up because they normally shoot 79-82 and I'm the high capper in the group. So yeah... Today was awesome!

88487a78087d3a5c6c7672df74af637c.jpg

Nice work! Congrats on the PB! ?

Congrats! Always nice to hit a milestone.

+2 38 yesterday at golf practice with the high school kids. Doubled from the middle of the fairway after a great drive on 7. Hit 7 out of 9 greens. Golf is a lot of fun right now.

A 47 this morning. Started off with a freak birdie (skulled my third shot which hit the flag stick and dropped into the hole) and netted a par on another hole. Let a couple of holes get away from me with poor short game play, but I was striking it much better today. Had a couple of bad tee shots, one of which cost me a penalty stroke as I plunked it in the water, though I recovered on that hole for a bogey. 5/7 FIR and 14 putts this morning. Both of those are acceptable numbers.

I shortened my stroke today, and was - in general - making much better contact today.

44/41-85 today at Plantation in Frisco. Didn't hit any balls before the round which is evident by my front 9 score. Driver was useless all day. Putter came alive on the back 9 with 3 one putts.

86 was enough to get me a net 67, First in B Flight, 2nd overall, and 2nd low gross.

12891682_10153723320898401_5671712920930913401_o.jpg

Played the back first at my home course. 38/39 with 5 bogeys and no birds.

41/52 93. Tough to score when there are four 7's on the first 5 holes of a nine. It wasn't one thing, it was everything!!
But I did have two birdies!! 6/7 FIR on the front, 2/7 FIR on the back.
Ugh.
Great news - I am playing again tomorrow!!

48/43-93 I started with an 8 on #1, a par 4 and ended with 2 double bogeys. Everything in between was pretty good. I was pleased with my ball striking for the second round in a row, but I made some mental mistakes in the short game that cost me a few strokes.

Hopefully the worst round I'll shoot for the year 104 4 penalties, 4fir, 4gir, 37 putts.

Had a serious clash of old swing and new swing had me doing all kinds of stupid things.

On a positive I made a 40 footer for birdie after a 200yd 2hybo from the rough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played 2 new courses on Sunday and Tuesday. Sunday we played 36 and I went 85/88 and on Tuesday I shot 88. On all 3 rounds I could not get a putt to fall if my life depend on it. First course was bermuda grass but second was bent and on both I keep hitting the edge of the cup or it would stop on the lip. Could have had some good scores on new courses if I made any putts. The plus side was that in 54 holes of golf I did not lose a ball and only played 2.

Shot even more than last round. Couldn't get my mind clear but was great to get out in the slight breeze. Thanks KC720 for the round and for listening. Much appreciated!

Shot even more than last round. Couldn't get my mind clear but was great to get out in the slight breeze. Thanks KC720 for the round and for listening. Much appreciated!
Slight breeze????? Wtf lol 30mph constant is slight breeze???

We had a little wind in NW Florida today also--30-40 mph, gusting. Managed 84 (45, 39) and didn't feel bad about it. It was really tough to stay steady over the ball in that wind, though

Shot a crowd pleasing 86 (44/42). Felt like I swung the club well, but just couldn't score. Few holes I hit thru the fw into hazard due to downwind and hitting further than I expected. Couldn't putt today either

Slight breeze????? Wtf lol 30mph constant is slight breeze???

Normal Kansas day around here! lol

Well, given that I played alone and dropped a few extra balls on my round today, I unofficially shot 45/50 95.

I don't mind - It was windy, I hit some really bad shots, putting stunk, bunker shots on 3 holes, lost two balls.

And almost crossed paths with a rattlesnake. He was on his way into the bushes as I walked to the tee box.

Had a good day yesterday, even 36 front +3 back for a +3 75.

86 at Sand Hollow. Driver was on all day, short irons were not.

44/47 for a 91. Two triples, four doubles.

I struggled through a 107 today on a par 66 course. The only bright spot of the round was the fact that I parred three par 3s. Of course, I had eights on two others. I fought a wicked slice with driver and Mini, didn't hit my irons well, and my chipping and putting were there normal, horrible selves.

I struggled through a 107 today on a par 66 course. The only bright spot of the round was the fact that I parred three par 3s. Of course, I had eights on two others. I fought a wicked slice with driver and Mini, didn't hit my irons well, and my chipping and putting were there normal, horrible selves.
Just keep working at it. Start practicing the putter and chipping most. I've really tried to get quality time in with my sand wedge at the range, and it has now become much more comfortable for me. In fact, I daresay, I am actually confodent I will hit a solid shot with it. I played a round earlier this year and was getting myself great looks at par just because my wedge was working so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back