Having kids much much smarter than I am, is pretty cool.

My oldest is in his second year at central Michigan University studying micro Biology, and handling a 21 credit hour load with a 3.64 GPA

My youngest is a junior in HS and carries a 3.92 GPA.

Now, if they would stop costing me so much money...

They say smart kids are great, but dumb ones are cheaper...lol

No complete blowouts yet but I've only been a parent less than a month. I have concluded we have to use Pampers diapers since every time we put Huggies on the baby boy there has been an issue with piss soaking through. Anyone else have better luck with a certain brand of diaper? The pampers have never soaked through but it happens everytime with the other brands.

After reading the last few pages I've concluded I should never take him anywhere! haha

Walmart diapers are what we've used with the most success. Size up if the blowouts keep happening.

No complete blowouts yet but I've only been a parent less than a month. I have concluded we have to use Pampers diapers since every time we put Huggies on the baby boy there has been an issue with piss soaking through. Anyone else have better luck with a certain brand of diaper? The pampers have never soaked through but it happens everytime with the other brands.

After reading the last few pages I've concluded I should never take him anywhere! haha

We had this issue with almost every diaper aside from Luvs. Both of my boys did great with them and didn't break out in rashes like a couple other brands caused. The blowouts will come at some point. I have seen a few with moth of mine. Once they were eating the jarred baby foods is when they both got me.

Huggies are all that work with our son. The overnight protection. The cheaper diapers never worked and as soon as he would pee he would freak with up&up. Pampers work but the scent of Pampers I do not like so Huggies are his go to.

My oldest is in his second year at central Michigan University studying micro Biology, and handling a 21 credit hour load with a 3.64 GPA
They do say that microbiologists are pretty darn smart. Not a bad career move either with jobs ranging everywhere from bio-energy, health care, pharmaceuticals, to the food industry (and lots of careers in between). People love to be healthy, stay healthy, and have a safe food supply. Whodathunk?

In regards to diapers, I admit that we send Parents Choice (Wal-Mart brand) with the kiddo to daycare. They change him every two hours so it doesn't make sense (to me anyways) to send him there with expensive diapers. Plus, if he has a blow-out at daycare, I don't have to clean it up. I know, horrible line of thinking right? At night, we use Pampers Extra Protection for the overnights. The kid urinates like crazy at night, and we haven't had any issues as long as they're put on properly ... you know, like not off to one side (long story, don't ask).

They do say that microbiologists are pretty darn smart. Not a bad career move either with jobs ranging everywhere from bio-energy, health care, pharmaceuticals, to the food industry (and lots of careers in between). People love to be healthy, stay healthy, and have a safe food supply. Whodathunk?

In regards to diapers, I admit that we send Parents Choice (Wal-Mart brand) with the kiddo to daycare. They change him every two hours so it doesn't make sense (to me anyways) to send him there with expensive diapers. Plus, if he has a blow-out at daycare, I don't have to clean it up. I know, horrible line of thinking right? At night, we use Pampers Extra Protection for the overnights. The kid urinates like crazy at night, and we haven't had any issues as long as they're put on properly ... you know, like not off to one side (long story, don't ask).

That is very sound logic to me. Already spending a ton on daycare as is. Thats why we went to the Huggies 12hr overnight protection because our son will kill a diaper at night.

Man, I don't miss those diaper days. At all.

Of course, now I'm dealing with a 14 year old daughter and all the craziness that goes with THAT, and a 9 yr old who knows exactly how to set his sister off.

Ok maybe some days I would rather have them in diapers again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is very sound logic to me. Already spending a ton on daycare as is. Thats why we went to the Huggies 12hr overnight protection because our son will kill a diaper at night.

I wish my sons would have done ok with Parents choice. Both of them got bad rashes with those. We usually get a $5 coupon for BJs wholesale on the big boxes of Luvs that are 29.99 so for $25 after the coupon, they are the cheapest we have found and have been excellent for both kids. Even overnight.

I wish my sons would have done ok with Parents choice. Both of them got bad rashes with those. We usually get a $5 coupon for BJs wholesale on the big boxes of Luvs that are 29.99 so for $25 after the coupon, they are the cheapest we have found and have been excellent for both kids. Even overnight.

We only use Huggies, he didn't break out from the parents choice it was just a bad experience. He did break out from the pampers with the line that changed color when he peed not sure if there is some odd chemical or something. Never used Luvs so not sure how they would work. I know for allergies Up and Up are the best since they use wood fiber as their absorbant material.

Man, I don't miss those diaper days. At all.

Of course, now I'm dealing with a 14 year old daughter and all the craziness that goes with THAT, and a 9 yr old who knows exactly how to set his sister off.

Ok maybe some days I would rather have them in diapers again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At what age are tasers not considered cruel and unusual punishment?

My son was told he couldn't leave the dinner table unless he ate two very small meatballs. 2 hrs and 15 min. later and he was finally finished. Not fun but it had to be done.

My son was told he couldn't leave the dinner table unless he ate two very small meatballs. 2 hrs and 15 min. later and he was finally finished. Not fun but it had to be done.

We do the same thing.

It works.

Way to stand your ground Erik, not the easiest or fun thing to do, but in the long run it is the right thing.

We used to have to make my oldest son sit and eat and he got into the strange habit of keeping food in him cheeks like a chipmunk. We had to make him sit and wait until he had swallowed it all before he could get up. Sometimes that was a looooong time.

Now that he's 20, he eats everything in the house. I don't know which I hate more, forcing him to eat enough or spending a grand a month in groceries.

Reading through a couple of the diaper posts & y'all is nasty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The kids loved their first time bowling this weekend!
11055801_1419472218355908_1438451828_n.jpg

The kids are having a great time at golf camp during spring break. My son was quite proud of himself for driving the ball over a green on the fly yesterday (it is a par 3 course and I have no idea how long it was). Best of all for me, they actually resolved The Great Golf Club Fight by themselves.

Today my youngest, Violet, turns 2 years old. It's amazing how fast the time has gone by and how much she is grown up!

A very happy 2nd birthday to my little monkey!

Here she is at her minion party Sunday.

52ec790965558bd42fb43f75be459377.jpg

24296daef1fd0b1acb68886aeb04f156.jpg

6df96bf5f29066aa7bf47fb6f4aae385.jpg

That minion theme is awesome buddy!

That minion theme is awesome buddy!
It was a lot of fun. Had "Build a Minion", anti-gravity serum (bubbles) and all kinds of other fun stuff. My wife did an amazing job with it. plus she decorated all the cupcakes herself.

It was a lot of fun. Had "Build a Minion", anti-gravity serum (bubbles) and all kinds of other fun stuff. My wife did an amazing job with it. plus she decorated all the cupcakes herself.
She could sell those cupcakes man, those looked amazing!

She could sell those cupcakes man, those looked amazing!
she is an amazing baker / decorator. it's a surprise I am not 300 lbs. right now. Haha

GregDan, shes adorable! Getting SO big!

IMG_0090.jpg

My wife is getting nervous because our 17 and 15 year old are headed out soon on a church mission to Mexico to build houses for the poor. It's hard to let go and watch them turn into adults sometimes. Thank God my other daughter is only 9. She is quite the little golfer and has more fun on the course than anyone I know. Here she is Texas wedging it onto the green. I don't tell her what club to use and she seems to get it right most of the time.

attachment.php

Back