Are you that "last minute arrival" guy

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Reaction score
Handicap
"If" you care to admit it.

The guy that shows up while your group is on the tee,
The one that barely made it but then has to run back to the car to change his shoes and do two other things
The one that's causing a ruckus and confusion between the starter, the club house, and others as you are supposedly "on your way"
The one your buddy's have to always lie to about the tee time in order for you to be on time
The one that was late and now is pissed at others because they changed things up which affected other people but now you arrive and are pissed at them because your screwed instead of at yourself

Nope. I've had times where I get my shoes on, get checked in, and we're behind the group on the tee box, but I prefer to get there early enough to hit the practice range and/or practice putting green.

I've definitely hit my first tee shot with my shoes untied before. Early morning tee times are usually rough for me, but I dont think I've ever messed up the starter with having to switch groups around.

I have to get some type of warmup before i play. I'm always early to the course.

I have been that guy three times:

1. My dad gave me the wrong tee time, and they were on the first tee when I got there. I proceeded to hit the worst tee shot of all time, which I topped directly into the ground in front of me, where it buried itself 2 inches beneath the surface of very wet ground.

2. I had to drive from Tampa to Orlando to play at Lake Buena Vista. They weren't permitted to wait for me, so an employee drove me out to the first fairway, where my group was hitting their approach shots. I played the first hole after we were done with 18.

3. I arrived maybe 7 or 8 minutes before our tee time at Bay Hill when I played with Barry there. There is a lengthy check-in process, so I didn't get to warm up, but did get to see Bubba Watson teeing off on the tee box next to us. Still not the best way to experience Bay Hill for your first time.

Nope. I'm the "get up early, already had a cup of coffee, warmed up at the range, practicing putting and waiting on my buddies to show up" kind of guy.

I spend all week with my alarm going off at 0430. It skews the definition of sleeping in.

I try to get there plenty early for any tee time so that I can warm up.

But I do play with that guy. He's always pulling up at the last minute and then takes forever to get ready to play because he's so disorganized. Drives me absolutely nuts.

Nope....arrive one hour before tee time for tourneys...30 minutes or so before regular round

Weekend rounds, I'm always early. Early Weekday rounds I'm usually getting there with just a few minutes to spare (just ask buckbug) after dropping the kids off at daycare or the grandparents.

There have been times throughout the years where I've ran late getting to the golf course. One of my best rounds of my life came when I woke up 20 minutes before a tee-time, got to the course right at the start of our tee-time, and then with two practice swings to loosen up, poked a drive down the middle of the fairway. First hole is a par 5 and I ended up making birdie. Went on to shoot 69 that day.

Normally though I check in 15-20 minutes early, hit 9 or 10 range balls and then hit the putting green for 5 minutes to get an idea of the speed of the greens.

I've been that guy that checks in just prior to a tee time occasionally, but that is just for a casual round by myself. If I am meeting others I get there early enough to not be that guy.

i am the be there early for everything. i was taught that if you are 5 mins early youre on time, if your on time your late.

I'm the 1-1.5 hours early guy. If its the first tee time of the day, I'm there before the pro-shop opens and am usually chatting with the greens crew as they prep.

I can only say that I've personally only felt like I was late a couple of times, but that was only because I didn't get there as early as I'd like to. Nobody has ever had to hold up a tee time for me or allow another group to play ahead on the first tee. One of my close buddies on the other hand... Seems like most tee times he's pulling into the parking lot as they're calling us to the first tee. Now in his defense, this course is also known for calling you to the tee box 15 to 20 minutes before your scheduled tee time!! That's still getting to the course too close to the tee time in my opinion if that's when you're pulling in.

no, not a chance. OCD wont allow it!

Nope, I'm almost always the first to arrive.

Never.

No, but I know people like that for sure.

~Rock

I am usually the last guy to check in, I can go from car to tee shot in about three minutes. Everything is always ready to go in my bag and I know where everything is, I have gotten better recently though.

This is what I have to deal with on a regular basis as this guy is part of my regular foursome.

I am usually the first one there, try on an average of 45 minutes before the tee time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's only happened once in the past 2 years. I like being at least a half hour early.

never been late, have cut it close a few times though

I'm a procrastinator, so casual rounds I may show up 15 minutes early. If it's a bigger deal, an hour or so early isn't uncommon.

I always try to get there in time to warm-up. However there has been a couple of times (subbing for a work league) that I get there last minute - and I hate it.

Back