What are you building? (Club style)

Yea that's what I've been thinking about. Best I ever drove a golf ball was with that TB though. Maybe it's time.

Yea that's what I've been thinking about. Best I ever drove a golf ball was with that TB though. Maybe it's time.

Do it. Do it.
Owen-Starsky-Hutch-Signature-Do-It.jpg

Miyazaki.

B Asha was a winner for me in the R1. Partial to the 5S myself. Kusala Blue is also a solid choice in almost any setup.

I've got some work to do tomorrow. There's an Oban Devotion 6 in my basement that needs to put into a Nike adapter.

Rumour also has it I'll be installing someone's Miyazaki Kusala White into his 2 deep (is that what it is?).... and by "installing" I mean 'watching' and by 'watching' I mean putting.

How do you make these things look better?
d32f069d059006766525643bfc882e8b.jpg

Like this!!!
c934ff514ebb091f599e74a0a72271c9.jpg

Black KBS Tours
Red/Black NDMCs
Red/Black Ferrules

That should be a good looking combo dude.

I'm home with a sick kid, so was able to get my XR hybrid reshafted with the Tour Red. Same length.

Got my J15 21* hybrid this week, along with my VTS Silver hybrid shaft that I am contemplating putting in the hybo (came with the factory Stiff Fubuki). We'll see how "Stiff" the Fubuki is on the range before I pull it and swap for the Regular flex VTS.

Moved my oban devotion 7 out of the nike adapter in favour of the oban devotion 6. really interested to see how it changes the overall experience with 10 less grams.

Oddly enough, I left the graphics up this time (i'm normally down every time) and I kind of like it. Looks good.

Finally got all of the pieces coming in to reshaft my speedblades. UTx red & blue grips to alternate through the set, C-Taper Lites & blue ferrules from Grail Golf. Also grabbed some tools from golfworks. Found a smoking deal on the taper tips, so my first foray will include shims as well. Should be interesting... I'll definitely be re-reading this thread a couple of times before I get started!

Finally got all of the pieces coming in to reshaft my speedblades. UTx red & blue grips to alternate through the set, C-Taper Lites & blue ferrules from Grail Golf. Also grabbed some tools from golfworks. Found a smoking deal on the taper tips, so my first foray will include shims as well. Should be interesting... I'll definitely be re-reading this thread a couple of times before I get started!
Awesome! I'm pondring the same shafts for my Speedblades, but I've been reluctant to pull the trigger on them. Looking forward to seeing your results.

I shimmed CTL's into RocketBladez. Easy peasy.

I shimmed CTL's into RocketBladez. Easy peasy.

Same, I shimmed a CTL in my TEE Proh, went off without a hitch.

Yep, no reason to fear shims. Easy peasy.

Did you guys trim them above the iron head before you put the ferrules on? I bought 355 and 370 ferrules just in case so I could make sure I got a good fit.

Since this thread is filled with people who do this often, what is a good way of making sure my driver shaft is cut straight? Planning on borrowing a friends dremel, and cutting down my driver shaft. I'm just afraid of cutting it at an angle by accident. How do you guys make sure they are straight?

These things came out looking great! Thank goodness they play as good as they look!
7666497d31e5a7181028ae63aeb3fcd7.jpg

695e6eafc729fa94d2fcf74328134f3e.jpg

For comparison:
e641cdafe1cfe551b5df09bb86e6ca93.jpg

These are going to look good on the Speedblades. Missed the delivery today but I'll be picking up the CTLs tomorrow!

E2A705E2-8A95-47F2-8015-F9497C3C89F8_zps3ecwxkch.jpg

Picked up the CTLs this morning. Came home and got to work. Read through Hawk's reshafting thread, and I didn't have any issues at all other than a couple of stubborn ferrules and the fact that the tip weights I had didn't fit at all. Ended up saying screw it. I'm not adverse to a little lead tape if I feel like the weight is off. :D Meant to take more pictures but got kind of engrossed in getting through what I needed to today.

Here's all of the heads stripped and waiting to have the hosels cleaned out.
86FE4044-EBE5-4ABB-BDA7-68DF10AF4CEE_zpshsodu8sv.jpg

One of the prepped CTLs. The ferrule on the 4I didn't go as high as the rest. Guessing that's the way it's supposed to be because it certainly would have gone further if it could as many times as I tried to get it to.
85F6B47B-7CE4-41B6-9181-B09D17412DF9_zpsn1lftb1l.jpg

Picture of the irons curing out of the way. Pretty happy with how they look so far.
16CA612A-7455-41B9-AA31-210498B11565_zps4gsk0kf2.jpg

Used 24 hour epoxy (all I had) but I'm hopeful that I'll be able to grip and put on the labels tomorrow night. Will be regripping these and my wedges... And possibly a FW or two.
D8B77141-5322-433B-A73A-DAFEEDF5FBAC_zpsjzpvkeyw.jpg

Looking good Jon!

sharp looking setup Jon

S300 shafts preped today ready for the switch out once my epoxy turns up..

Picked up a mint/looks new 52* TM TP wedge head, gonna shaft it up with a Nippon 950GH. Gonna test swapping my 54* for it, find myself at an approach distance that is too long for my 54* and too short for my 50*

All done. Stickers aren't perfect but I'm the only person who will ever notice. If the sun would peek out I'm dying to go hit these!

64111B44-0957-48F2-BB83-3D77E727D35A_zpsjh8a50gb.jpg

24F433F3-6777-409E-8F73-2EA6109A0E84_zpsuvuvxl4a.jpg

Ferrules didn't come out as polished looking as I'd like but I'm pretty happy with it for a first effort. May grab some mineral spirits and see if I can shine 'em up. The swing weights actually came out pretty close. Used some tape to get them all pretty close to the same and add some heft to my AW.

You did some nice work there dude.

You did some nice work there dude.

It was easier than I thought it would be. Your guide thread helped my confidence for sure though. Kinda wish I had more to do now as I just kind of figured out the best way to do all of it. Pumped to see how this combo works out. Hopefully I won't have any heads flying off at the range!

I will say that a shaft puller is now high on my radar. Lol. I want to mess with fairways next.

Back