Six4three5 switching teachers!

Really cool thoughts and still fun following along with your progress
Thanks buddy. I can't wait to have it all click and be able to compare old to new.

Thanks buddy. I can't wait to have it all click and be able to compare old to new.

im looking forward to getting a chance to see it working live in Pittsburgh.

Behind a week here, but 11th lesson was just more of the same as the 10th. Just continuing to work on swing plane now. Need to shorten the swing just a touch and fire with the whole body and square of the face.

12th lesson was a bit different tho. Brian has his Nike rep come in and give everyone a free fitting in whatever Nike clubs they may be interested in. Needless to say I'm pondering some Nike Vapor Pro Driver and Flex FW and Hybrid stuff. It was interesting to see the numbers via Trackman!

Behind a week here, but 11th lesson was just more of the same as the 10th. Just continuing to work on swing plane now. Need to shorten the swing just a touch and fire with the whole body and square of the face.

12th lesson was a bit different tho. Brian has his Nike rep come in and give everyone a free fitting in whatever Nike clubs they may be interested in. Needless to say I'm pondering some Nike Vapor Pro Driver and Flex FW and Hybrid stuff. It was interesting to see the numbers via Trackman!

nice ponder. I have hybrid and 3w on the way and I like the driver.

nice to have a fitting at no cost!

Man Jimmy you were an amazing golfer last year and now with all of this practice your going to be a pro. Man can't wait for the grass to turn green up in New York so I can hear about how all of this hard work has paid off. Keep it up man, your doing amazing!!!

Man Jimmy you were an amazing golfer last year and now with all of this practice your going to be a pro. Man can't wait for the grass to turn green up in New York so I can hear about how all of this hard work has paid off. Keep it up man, your doing amazing!!!
Thanks Andrew!! I appreciate the kind words buddy.

Thanks Andrew!! I appreciate the kind words buddy.
Hey no problem sir. Always great to see someone striving for greatness. Keep it up!!!

Awesome stuff here, Jimmy. The thought of you getting better is frightening. That is unless we're on the same side in an event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy, just spent the last hour or so reading through this entire thread and I have to say great progress buddy. Its fun to watch your game and with the improvements in your numbers that your coach has instilled your going to be a great, great golfer. Good luck this season my friend. And I will continue to follow along here.

Jimmy, just spent the last hour or so reading through this entire thread and I have to say great progress buddy. Its fun to watch your game and with the improvements in your numbers that your coach has instilled your going to be a great, great golfer. Good luck this season my friend. And I will continue to follow along here.

Thanks Keygs!! I'll be heading out your way to play with you and Aaron quite a bit this year so we will absolutely be getting some rounds in. It's tough making such subtle little changes, but I know it will all pay off in the end!

Awesome stuff here, Jimmy. The thought of you getting better is frightening. That is unless we're on the same side in an event.

I'd GLADLY take you as a partner any day buddy! Especially if it were scramble style! I wouldn't even tee off lol

Thanks Keygs!! I'll be heading out your way to play with you and Aaron quite a bit this year so we will absolutely be getting some rounds in. It's tough making such subtle little changes, but I know it will all pay off in the end!

Looking forward to this. Me and Aaron still haven't got a round in yet, heck we can't even get a dinner put together with our other halves so they know we each of us actually exist..haha

Looking forward to this. Me and Aaron still haven't got a round in yet, heck we can't even get a dinner put together with our other halves so they know we each of us actually exist..haha

Hey!! I resemble this remark and do you live in Indy? ;-)

This is my ultimate plan to get Keygan to play a round with me - import Jimmy's smooth swing for a weekend or two.

Love the progress Jimmy!!

Hey!! I resemble this remark and do you live in Indy? ;-)

This is my ultimate plan to get Keygan to play a round with me - import Jimmy's smooth swing for a weekend or two.

Love the progress Jimmy!!

Can i join this prestigious group of good golfers?

Keep up the work Jimmy, I think you'll see some great gains when the weather breaks and we all can get outside and play.

I'd GLADLY take you as a partner any day buddy! Especially if it were scramble style! I wouldn't even tee off lol

Lol! I like the sound that!

Can't remember what lesson number I'm on anymore because I had a few weeks off here and there and forgot to update once or twice, but had a really really good lesson yesterday with Brian. My ball striking was better than it has been in a while. I was smoking just about everything.

Brian said that the program he was putting me through was progressing nicely and he's happy with where I am at now with the plane, path, and top of my back swing so we started to buckle down and start learning the 9 shots. Started off hitting high draws by swinging anywhere from 2-3 degrees right with a 0 to -1 face angle. I was hitting my 7 iron about 165-170 carry which is pretty deep for me for a 7 iron, but my ball striking like I said was really good. At first I was struggling with closing the face at impact but after a few I got it. Then we moved on to high fades with a -2 to -3 degrees left with a 0 club face. The fade was much easier for me to hit because I didn't have to worry about the face angle all that much because the path was taking care of that. With the fades I was carrying it about 155-160. Then we worked on the high straight shots which for me I was producing a gentle draw with, like 1 to 2 yard draw. Brian believes this will my stock shot. With this shot I was getting 160-165 carry. 2 weeks from yesterday as he will be in Texas next week we will be working on the same 3 but a mid trajectory and then 3 with a low trajectory. I was struggling with my ball striking a few weeks ago playing on the sim, but I think it was having a week off and reverting back to old habits. After that it kind of motivated me to not do that and to keep working on path and plane even when I'm home in the living room. The season is getting close and the fire in me is starting to ignite! I can't freaking wait to get outside and be able to put some long work in.

nice update Jimmy, glad everything is progressing. will be interesting to follow the 9 shot progress

nice update Jimmy, glad everything is progressing. will be interesting to follow the 9 shot progress
Thanks buddy. It will be nice to have the 9 shots in the bag once I get comfortable with them.

Thanks buddy. It will be nice to have the 9 shots in the bag once I get comfortable with them.

for sure...i will be happy with one stock shot for now...thought it was interesting in my last lesson my teacher had me working on something similar to yours with the bow of the left wrist as i make my down swing. with this change i was hitting some crisp shots.

its been fun following this thread and has been motivation. thanks for doing this.

So had my lesson on Saturday and at the beginning I was struggling with staying on plane. My longer backswing was causing me to cross the plane at the top and I would get really steep to start the down swing. So we worked on the top of my back swing. Here's where I was a few weeks ago...

87865a72719b07223bd65e008afcf810.jpg

And here's where he wants me. It feels like such a huge change but one that I saw immediate results with.

6e985a21db5f67c1d5f62d38151182e5.jpg

the top swing looks like some of the problems i have been facing with a long back swing.

its such a hard thing to fight that tendency and to get to a "3/4" swing. Bottom pic looks really good.

have you had a chance to put the new swing on the course yet and if so how was it trying the new swing in a golf situation?

So had my lesson on Saturday and at the beginning I was struggling with staying on plane. My longer backswing was causing me to cross the plane at the top and I would get really steep to start the down swing. So we worked on the top of my back swing.

That bottom pic looks good, Jimmy. I remember noticing last time we were at the dome that it looked a little steep. Looking forward to seeing it on the course.

the top swing looks like some of the problems i have been facing with a long back swing.

its such a hard thing to fight that tendency and to get to a "3/4" swing. Bottom pic looks really good.

have you had a chance to put the new swing on the course yet and if so how was it trying the new swing in a golf situation?

It's amazing tho when you watch it on video. What feels like a 3/4 swing is actually a full swing but it doesn't feel that way without that tiny little extra your a custom to putting on.

That bottom pic looks good, Jimmy. I remember noticing last time we were at the dome that it looked a little steep. Looking forward to seeing it on the course.

Thanks buddy. Definitely trying to fight that steepness that starts the down swing. It's amazing how well I hit the ball when everything syncs up with the proper back swing.

It's amazing tho when you watch it on video. What feels like a 3/4 swing is actually a full swing but it doesn't feel that way without that tiny little extra your a custom to putting on.

Thanks buddy. Definitely trying to fight that steepness that starts the down swing. It's amazing how well I hit the ball when everything syncs up with the proper back swing.

so true..sometimes i hate looking at my swing on video...i feel like i made a 3/4 swing and did lots of good things then the video shows me going past parallel and standing up..the joys of getting better.

Back