New Game Golf system

Ive been thinking about one of these. I love looking at the Shot-Link stats from the Tour and wish there was a way to get those types of numbers for my self. I'm thinking that this could possibly do that that. Any one using this that is a stats junky and is finding the stats part of it helpful, useful, giving meaningful numbers? Can someone maybe give an example of some of the stats that is gives them?

Ive been thinking about one of these. I love looking at the Shot-Link stats from the Tour and wish there was a way to get those types of numbers for my self. I'm thinking that this could possibly do that that. Any one using this that is a stats junky and is finding the stats part of it helpful, useful, giving meaningful numbers? Can someone maybe give an example of some of the stats that is gives them?

So here's a rundown of the stats you can sort through:

Club distances, including averages.
Location of tee shots relative to fairway, as well as distance
Approach shots grouped either by yardage or club, including GIR and average distance from the pin, and lie type.
Putts per hole, GIR %, FIR %,

There might be other stuff I haven't found yet.

As an FYI, it's free to get a game golf account without having a device, so you can look through their online system before buying to see if it suits you.

I had all my clubs entered into my bag before I even had the system.

So here's a rundown of the stats you can sort through:

Club distances, including averages.
Location of tee shots relative to fairway, as well as distance
Approach shots grouped either by yardage or club, including GIR and average distance from the pin, and lie type.
Putts per hole, GIR %, FIR %,

There might be other stuff I haven't found yet.
Thats a very attractive set of stats. And pretty close to what Shot-Link tracks on Tour. Surely not as accurate, but i'm sure pretty close and for the money probably good enough for sure.

As an FYI, it's free to get a game golf account without having a device, so you can look through their online system before buying to see if it suits you.

I had all my clubs entered into my bag before I even had the system.
This is huge for me...I'll have to look in to this and see if it gives me what I want..

Thats a very attractive set of stats. And pretty close to what Shot-Link tracks on Tour. Surely not as accurate, but i'm sure pretty close and for the money probably good enough for sure.

The accuracy depends on how many GPS satellites it can pick up, and I'm not sure what number it locks onto for this. -- from the GameGolf FAQ:

How accurately does the device record my shot distances?
The GAME GOLF device is able to detect the distances you hit each shot to within 5 feet of the actual measurement.

The stats page is pretty cool, definitely shows me how all over the place my shots are. :D

This is huge for me...I'll have to look in to this and see if it gives me what I want..

It is well worth it to sign up just to see how you can play with the data.

The accuracy depends on how many GPS satellites it can pick up, and I'm not sure what number it locks onto for this. -- from the GameGolf FAQ:

How accurately does the device record my shot distances?
The GAME GOLF device is able to detect the distances you hit each shot to within 5 feet of the actual measurement.

The stats page is pretty cool, definitely shows me how all over the place my shots are. :D

It is well worth it to sign up just to see how you can play with the data.

5 feet is pretty darn impressive. The more I'm learning for you guys the more attractive this is getting to me..always nice to learn about it from actual users.

So got my first round in with Game Golf. I liked it, but did find that I need to be mindful as to exactly where I tap it, as a couple of times I tapped it behind the tee box (duh) and gave me a few more yards to my drives. Also found a couple of times where I completed my swing and asked myself "Did I tap?" In those instances I just tapped again.

Editing the round was easy, and deleting extra taps was a cinch. As was moving shots (I had one pitch that left me on the fringe, but game golf had me on the green. I was able to drag that shot off the green). Overall, I am pleased with the system and just need to be more mindful of tapping (location and remembering to do so).

I think what impressed me most though was, given the extremely overcast day, this system found the GPS signal quite easily. Sometimes my handheld GPS unit (Callaway uPro+) would have a hard time, or phase in and out.

Last edited:
I have 6 rounds in with the Game Golf now, and I am loving it.

Tapping before my shots has become second nature now. I use an extra tag to denote a penalty stroke, so I can see/remember where my penalties went. The stats are beginning to show me how far I really hit my clubs, and which ones I gravitate towards using most. It is also interesting to see which clubs I am most consistent with.

I have noticed that they are adding items to their website all the time. In the past 3 months that I have had the system they have added the ability to edit rounds after you sign them, more stats, and recently I noticed that it looks like they are going back and adding the weather data for your round.

I worked with their support staff to get a new course mapped properly, and they were very good to work with.

Overall I think it is a great system if you want to track your performance and club information.

I think I need play some more. :D

Second time out with Game Golf. Tapping before swinging is not second nature yet ;)

Second time out with Game Golf. Tapping before swinging is not second nature yet ;)
So did you end up with a 74 or 287?

5 feet is pretty darn impressive. The more I'm learning for you guys the more attractive this is getting to me..always nice to learn about it from actual users.

Played my first 2 rounds with the Game Golf, today (18, then 9). Yep, I am really going to like what this gives me. I am already replacing my 4 iron based on comparing it's results to what I did with a 4 hybrid on the same shots, today. The device is pretty inconspicuous, and it's easy to find a place on the belt where it won't hinder the swing or carrying the bag. The stats/trends will really be useful once I get 10+ rounds in - should be pretty enlightening for my game.

I definitely need to work on this. I'm debating on whether to make it part of my pre-shot routine, or to just commit to doing it immediately following the shot. I'm leaning towards the latter.

I definitely need to work on this. I'm debating on whether to make it part of my pre-shot routine, or to just commit to doing it immediately following the shot. I'm leaning towards the latter.
I literally have to give myself a verbal cue just before I do it. It'll come with time, but was annoying there for a bit today.

I picked up today, and Game Golf doesn't seem to like that. You cannot sign a round without having a club selected for all shots, so I made a club named "ESC Pickup" to signify that I ended that hole. I'm currently averaged 191 yards with that club. :tongue:

If someone knows how to just assign your ESC to a hole, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, I was pleased with it. Took a bit to get this round sorted out, but that's because I was a boob and was tapping all over the place.

I've been doing pretty good in terms of remembering to buzz. The only real exceptions are when I find myself hitting our of a very scrubby lie or someplace where I just sort of hit it and go. My pre-shot routine is a bit out of whack when I'm having to find some place to get in a practice swing, or I'm trying to really shape a shot to get back on the fairway.

You got 3 votes from me.

For that to work, your hip movement has to be strong. I had a couple of shots Saturday that were picked up, and some others that weren't.

I might actually be able to play a round this weekend. Seeing you guys sign your cards gets me envious.

For that to work, your hip movement has to be strong. I had a couple of shots Saturday that were picked up, and some others that weren't.
Good point, and given my lack of flexibility, I bet that would be an issue for me.

Lessons, here I come!

I will say this though ... looking at actual club performance has been eye opening. I can definitely see the potential in my swing/clubs, but I see my average performance which is really killing me. For example, I can see that on my well struck shots, my 7i performs exactly like I want/expect it to. 140-145 yards. I'm happy with this. But in reality, when you factor in all of my shots, for the most part, my 7i is really my 120 yard club. To compound the problem, when I'm 120 out and pull this club - no lie - that's when it becomes my 140 yard club. I hope that, after lessons, I see a much lower dispersion in my distances ... having a thirty to forty yard gap (or more!) between my good shots and bad shots is disappointing, but very motivating. I will say, I expected this system to be a shot to whatever little ego I had left remaining in regards to the game of golf ... however it has proven to be a good motivator as well. I plan on printing some of this out and bringing it to my lesson with me.

So those of you guys that have them, do you still recommend an average golfer to pick this up. I am really thinking hard about picking this up.

Would love to pick up one of these but just can't justify the price at this point. Play a round once a week or so and would love to see what my actual distances are

Back