2014 #TheGrandaddy Recap & Memories

What a thread. What an experience.

Two times now, and its still unbelievable to see and read back through both times.

Wait....!
You were there?
Quite possibly, my favorite picture ever.

HotelinCarlsbad_zpsad69e1f2.jpg

You, me, palm trees, an egg burger....beer. And if you look hard enough you can see the Pacific (whatever, I can see​ it) in the background.

You, me, palm trees, an egg burger....beer. And if you look hard enough you can see the Pacific (whatever, I can see​ it) in the background.
I thought this pic of you two was great. I still remember smiling when I saw it when it was originally posted, and just think how great this was going to be for you all.

I wanted proof that you two were at an event together. :)

There were so many times I said, "this is my favorite moment of this trip" only to have it surpassed by the next moment.

That's two dudes right there.

I wanted proof that you two were at an event together. :)

There were so many times I said, "this is my favorite moment of this trip" only to have it surpassed by the next moment.
This is SO true. At one point at the Hideaway...after the 12th or 14th straight "poster worthy" tee shot views...I just started giggling.

The ONLY thing that could make that picture better is if you were rockin a sweet mustache with those sunglasses.

Everytime this thread pops up I get goosebumps reading through posts again and it just makes me want to be a part of it more and more

If I can't be one of the lucky ones, seeing the pics and the views of the course is still special

What Callaway does is above and beyond anything they have to do and I tip my hat to them with how much they interact with people both on here and via social media

#NeverForget

Yesterday I was left alone with no wife and kids for the afternoon. After watching Matt Every win Bay Hill, I noticed the sun still shining so I grabbed my bucket of practice balls and my wedge and headed to the back yard. As I dropped the balls down and stared at the brown flat dead looking grass I envisioned myself being out in the warmth of Carlsbad on that lush green grass at the ECPC...man I could practice there all day everyday!! As usual a smile emits from my face which quite possibly warmed me up enough to brave the 35* temperature with no jacket hat or gloves to speak of. I wanted to chip some balls around and a little cold weather was not going to stop me. You see I have a file stored on my brains DVR and every time I have a chip/pitch shot I pull it up for a quick review. That file is the lesson Roger Cleveland gave to us out there on the practice area. It will forever be in my memory banks and I truly believe that was a game changer for me.. Recently someone here asked when was that "AH HAH" moment, well that was mine. I have a feeling that this is going to be a great year, and its all because of #TheGrandaddy #Iwillneverforget

Every time I find myself in bunkers, I recall Roger Cleveland's lessons, and try to make him proud!

I no longer fear bunkers.
How cool we had personal time with Roger Effie Cleveland?
Like others, very vivid memories reside in my mind, memories that will bring a smile to my face for a lifetime!

Every time I find myself in bunkers, I recall Roger Cleveland's lessons, and try to make him proud!

I no longer fear bunkers.
How cool we had personal time with Roger Effie Cleveland?
Like others, very vivid memories reside in my mind, memories that will bring a smile to my face for a lifetime!

I hope you update your sig with those Grandaddy Clubs soon. You were a monster with them.

I hope you update your sig with those Grandaddy Clubs soon. You were a monster with them.

Thanks for the reminder!
I THP on my iPad and no sigs show, I'll get on that now!

Thanks for the reminder!
I THP on my iPad and no sigs show, I'll get on that now!

Saw Matt Wood the other day when out in the desert and that always brings back good memories.....yes, even for me and my PERSONAL record. Good news is after all that the #ZooCrew is #2and0. Looking forward to making it #3and0. Hope everyone is well.

Saw Matt Wood the other day when out in the desert and that always brings back good memories.....yes, even for me and my PERSONAL record. Good news is after all that the #ZooCrew is #2and0. Looking forward to making it #3and0. Hope everyone is well.

Matt is a great guy and the entire thing is simply unbelievable. See you in a week to discuss 3.0.

FINLEY!!!

Good to see you, will be better seeing you hand us the belt this year though. :alien:

FINLEY!!!

Good to see you, will be better seeing you hand us the belt this year though. :alien:

Good luck with that. Not happening.......NO CHANCE

Have you made this year's team? I would have thought after last year's performance you would have been sent down to the minors.

Hahahaha, I cannot wait to see the look on your face when it happens.

Or to just see you in general, but hey, I'm a Finley Fan!

Have you made this year's team? I would have thought after last year's performance you would have been sent down to the minors.

Hard to break up a dynasty and still have a .500 record in two years. #NeverForget3and0inYear1

Hard to break up a dynasty and still have a .500 record in two years. #NeverForget3and0inYear1
Sounds like you are the AL Bundy of the Grandaddy.
Great in 1 year.
Selling women's shoes in the next

Sounds like you are the AL Bundy of the Grandaddy.
Great in 1 year.
Selling women's shoes in the next

As I have said many times, it is a TEAM event and my TEAM won. How many THP members are in the Hall of Fame from a Grandaddy win?

Good to be back on here and talking about it. Ready for the build up to this great event again.

As I have said many times, it is a TEAM event and my TEAM won. How many THP members are in the Hall of Fame from a Grandaddy win?

Good to be back on here and talking about it. Ready for the build up to this great event again.

Got it...team

So your "Team" should find someone that can give them at least a point this year

oh and glad to have ya back on here, loved following along the past 2 years

If by great you mean badass, epic, mind blowing, and an utterly person changing experience, the hell yes!

Great is certainly an understatement.

Back