Cleveland Mashie Review

What is difference between the regular and stiff stock shaft...looking at the web site the specs are the same for each...has anyone hit the stock reg and stiff both?

What is difference between the regular and stiff stock shaft...looking at the web site the specs are the same for each...has anyone hit the stock reg and stiff both?

What do you mean? Do you mean specs or flex?

I have officially put my mashie on! I recently acquired an M3 and I am very please with it. The ball flight is quite different from that of my previous 3h and it is for the better. A nice mid-high ball flight with a soft landing that holds greens. I'm very impressed by the Cleveland line-up this year!

im giving these another go tomorrow, and im not going to be biased about it, after reading so much of this thread i need to give this another go! and its only $150!! thats $300 for 2!!!! looking at the M3, M4, and M5

What do you mean? Do you mean specs or flex?

well the torque is the same on the reg and stiff...is the kickpoint higher or anything on the stiff...i mean if the specs to the shaft are all the same torque, weight...what is the difference between the 2...is there a swing speed rating or anything?

well the torque is the same on the reg and stiff...is the kickpoint higher or anything on the stiff...i mean if the specs to the shaft are all the same torque, weight...what is the difference between the 2...is there a swing speed rating or anything?

The torque is not always a great judgement on whether or not the shaft is the same. That is not always a relations to flex.

I have officially put my mashie on! I recently acquired an M3 and I am very please with it. The ball flight is quite different from that of my previous 3h and it is for the better. A nice mid-high ball flight with a soft landing that holds greens. I'm very impressed by the Cleveland line-up this year!

I too just ordered myself a Mashie. Even the AWFUL commercial for it on GC could not deter me from the enormous wave of support its received here at THP. I'm looking forward to getting it on the range and on the course. Hopefully, you will soon see a nike 3H posted on the WTS section :call-me::call-me:

reg slower swing speed, stiff higher swing speed, xstiff even higher swing speed lol, just like it usually is on every other club. Thats just a example, i dont have exact mph for which one falls where.

The right Mashie loft?

The right Mashie loft?

Hi all,

Loving the feedback in the Mashie review thread and giving this club a serious look. My question is around which loft would best fit my bag. Right now I'm hitting a Superfast 18* hybrid, and Burner 2.0 irons which clock in at 21* for the 4 iron and 24* for the 5 iron.

So, the 20.5* M3 seems like a good candidate to knock the 4 iron out of the bag, but if I'm looking to use it mainly to get myself out of trouble (rough, fairway bunkers, etc.) am I better off with the 23* M4 for a little more loft? My worry is that would leave too big of a gap between my SF hybrid and the Mashie...

Thoughts, oh wise THPers?

- Sam

Just put the M1 in play in my bag ... I am getting about 200 yards plus maybe 10-15 of carry off the fairway...Off a tee about the same roll but about 10 yards further on the fly.. Knock down shots out of the rough have been iffy at best( I am still using my 4 iron for thatr shot.. Maybe the M4( 23*) would be better out of that situation.. FYI I put the Mashie in play to replace my 5 wood. My next will be the 23*..Aaron

If its a trouble club, I think you are right to consider the M4. You want that loft to get you out of the tricky stuff cleanly.

Hit this club on the simulator today. So solid!

(sorry JB, should have put the original question in this thread)

Last edited:
Played in some big wind today, and my daughter absolutely spanked her Mashies. Hit good shots with all three, the M2, M3, and M4. On top of those she hit four unbelievable shots with the clearance TM Burner 3W I bought her a couple weeks ago. The Mashies are the perfect compliment, and she can now carry 6-PW and her two Vokeys without needing a 5W. Her bag is set except for a little more driver experimentation. She hits the Mashies with a boring trajectory, yet two she flew in over bunkers checked up like irons. Whether a 13 year old girl could make these bite was one of my concerns.

Not anymore. She struck the ball better than I did today I think. If she could only make a putt.

Kevin

Played in some big wind today, and my daughter absolutely spanked her Mashies. Hit good shots with all three, the M2, M3, and M4. On top of those she hit four unbelievable shots with the clearance TM Burner 3W I bought her a couple weeks ago. The Mashies are the perfect compliment, and she can now carry 6-PW and her two Vokeys without needing a 5W. Her bag is set except for a little more driver experimentation. She hits the Mashies with a boring trajectory, yet two she flew in over bunkers checked up like irons. Whether a 13 year old girl could make these bite was one of my concerns.

Not anymore. She struck the ball better than I did today I think. If she could only make a putt.

Kevin

Thats very cool to hear, glad she's playing well.

Pulled the trigger on an M3 Saturday. I must say the offset didn't seem to bother me at all, which was a shock. Overall hit this a little shorter than my 5 wood. We will see how it performs on the course since I only hit it in the bay at Golf Galaxy. I hope it works because I really like this shaft.

It was between this and Adams but went with the cheaper, better shaft. This will probably cost me in the long run when I get a Miyazaki in my driver!!

Lol nice!!!!!!!!!!! You're gonna love that shaft and clubhead combo. The Mashie is a beast.

Pulled the trigger on an M3 Saturday. I must say the offset didn't seem to bother me at all, which was a shock. Overall hit this a little shorter than my 5 wood. We will see how it performs on the course since I only hit it in the bay at Golf Galaxy. I hope it works because I really like this shaft.

It was between this and Adams but went with the cheaper, better shaft. This will probably cost me in the long run when I get a Miyazaki in my driver!!

I didnt play a round this week and it sucked but I got a lot of range time. The Mashie has been fading too much on me and downright slicing. Once I think I get this in order it shows that shot that is impossible for some and I hate that it shows up! But I learned if you take this too steep it can be sliced. Which is nothing to do with the club. I love the distnce I'm getting though as it seems to climb a bit each month :) The one thing I can say, is it doesnt let me down on the course haha. Ill get some good use this coming weekend though !

I have to come in and say this again. The face of the Mashie makes me want to address the ball closed and I pay for it. I really concentrated on aligning it correctly this weekend and the results were there. I almost feel like the face is open when I set up, but I know it's not. Those little dots are really helpful.

I have to come in and say this again. The face of the Mashie makes me want to address the ball closed and I pay for it. I really concentrated on aligning it correctly this weekend and the results were there. I almost feel like the face is open when I set up, but I know it's not. Those little dots are really helpful.

+1,000,000 Hawk. I'm in the same boat, I'm still adjusting to the offset when I align and am battling the turrible (in the words of Charles Barkley) shot but when aligned properly in my setup the good shots are still freaking amazing. I'll keep at it.

ok back to the shaft question...where is the kickpoint (low for both?) on the standard 59 gram reg and stiff shaft..maybe that will help me make a decision.

Ok just read some stuff online about a playability code for shafts...the stock reg flex on the mashie matches what the codes are on my driver and 3 wood so gonna go that route and give the 3 mashie a try...(gift card burning a hole in my wallet anyway!)

Still loving my M3 & M4 mashies. Every time I hit them I get a little smile on my face because of the great ball flight and landings. To top if off they have bailed me out of some really poor tee shots to boot.

It was real windy is Gilbert yesterday. I'm talking real wind. I maybe lost 5-10 yards with the Mashie. Which is phenominal based on what I was seeing with my Machspeeds. It seemed to really hold its course very well. When I put the ball to the right it still let the wind catch it but it wasn't bad at all. I'm really anxious to get this on the Champions course. I may add a M5 to the bag to replace my 5i before the trip lol.

Went back to the local big box today and hit the mashie again. Instead of focusing on the looks, I just hit some balls.Again this club mashes the ball, pardon the pun. Crisp, clean, ball rockets off the face.

Then I setup at address looked at the top of the club. I studied it, then hit another shot. Looked at the club again and then decided that this is a great club. Feeling how the ball just launches off the face, how easy this club is to hit, and hit with what seems like enormous power, well I decided I'm going to have to put one in my bag. I'm gonna replace my TM 3 rescue with the Mashie. I know this club will be a fine addition to my bag!

Who cares the the head isn't black? Not me! :comp:

Wow, great review of a big OEM. What are you thinking giving props.....I mean you're just feeding into the exact type of 'back slapping' you accused THP of being envolved in.

You hit a club, liked it and gave it a good review. That is not different than the reviews offered up by other members of THP. So I'm trying to figure your issue!? I can only think your pissed you haven't been picked to test anything.....

Tapatalk'n from my iPad

Back