Cobra Bio Cell Driver Review Thread

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We're going to put up separate threads for the two new Cobra drivers that THP will be doing homepage reviews on. Feel free to add your feedback in here as you demo or play the Bio Cell.

Cobra Bio Cell Driver:

• 460cc – Titanium crowned driver
    • Bio mimicry - “Bio Cells” in crown and face allow for driver to be 7% lighter while maintaining same strength and also expanding the cross face forgiveness from previous e9 faces.
  • MyFly8 Technology
    • 8 Settings: 9-degrees up to 12-degrees (3 Draw Settings)
    • Women’s version identical to Men’s, just higher loft: 11-degrees to 14
  • Shaft Selection
    • ProjectX PXv (Ladies, Regular, Stiff, X-Stiff) - Proprietary Shaft
    • Plays at 45.75”
  • Performance Traits
    • One of lowest CG’s ever in a driver for Cobra – significantly lower CG-to-neutral than Amp Cell
      • Lower by redistribution, not by simply moving more forward
    • “Bio Cells” in the crown as well as the face allowing for weight movement to other areas to increase the overall performance.
      • Cell like paint on the crown indicates what the crown actually looks like inside
      • Two Bio Cells added to e9 face increase the “Sweet Zone” – Significant improvement on speed loss on “misses”
    • Movement of weight back and towards the heel has lowered CG and allowed for lower spin and higher launch while increasing ball-speeds, general forgiveness, and overall distances
  • Available in Black, Blue, Red, Orange, Silver
  • MSRP: $299.00

DSCN4284-L.jpg

DSCN4286-L.jpg

DSCN4285-L.jpg

DSCN4289-L.jpg

DSCN4288-L.jpg

DSCN4292-L.jpg

Just picked up a Bio Cell in blue the other day. Can't wait to hear your review Hawk.

• Staff
Just picked up a Bio Cell in blue the other day. Can't wait to hear your review Hawk.

Very nice. I wasn't sure what color was coming. The red was a nice surprise. Blue looks great on the hybrid.

I've hit most offerings out there lately and this is/will be one of the best drivers for a lot of guys this year if people give it a chance and hit it. For me it's G25 forgiving, looong, and a better head/shaft combo than the Amp Cell was. It's gut wrenching right now deciding between this and the new Bertha. If the snow ever goes away I can get down to a final decision on the course.

Of course I'm biased to the amazing color!

But it looks like another great successor to the original Amp Cell line, I love what they've done as the sequel. I can't wait to hear more about performance.

I love this club, I've demoed it twice and both times it has been the best driver I've hit to date distance and accuracy is superior to all the drivers I've tried to date this year.

This is what high and straight looks like:

Cobra has really turned a corner with their wood offerings this year. They now have the look and feel to go along with the performance.

The looks of the entire Bio Cell line is just stunning. That red looks fantastic just like the hybo in blue. I like this part:
Two Bio Cells added to e9 face increase the “Sweet Zone” – Significant improvement on speed loss on “misses”
If they improved the forgiveness over the Amp Cell, wowza!

The looks of the entire Bio Cell line is just stunning. That red looks fantastic just like the hybo in blue. I like this part:

If they improved the forgiveness over the Amp Cell, wowza!

I can attest that with my first round in the books the Bio Cell is not only longer than the AC, but the forgiveness is there as well. I hit several today on the heel & toe and still saw great distances. The stock shaft is also a decent pairing and will fit better than the Fuel did with the AC

I can attest that with my first round in the books the Bio Cell is not only longer than the AC, but the forgiveness is there as well. I hit several today on the heel & toe and still saw great distances. The stock shaft is also a decent pairing and will fit better than the Fuel did with the AC

Reading comments like this are NOT good for me.

Keep telling myself - " you love your AC" , over and over......

A fellow golfer had this on the course today. He hit it fairly well. One of his better clubs. Didn't know him that well to ask to hit his, but I did drool a good bit :)

This is stunning! I'm really looking forward to hitting this! I have to keep telling myself that I don't need a new driver.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

I already posted my reviews on these clubs from the demo day a few weeks ago but subscribing to hear what other have to say. This club is my biggest ponder of 2014 so far.

looking forward to this one Hawk. I liked a lot of what the AMP Cell had to offer and everything seems to be improved with this model.

Reading comments like this are NOT good for me.

Keep telling myself - " you love your AC" , over and over......

I'm in the same boat. I have really been grooving the AC lately but if the Bio is similar and better... it's going to be tough to say no.

For those who have spent any real time with it already (ArmyGolf and mikeg_74, I'm looking at you!): did you game the amp cell previously? How would you compare the launch height? I've dropped my AC to 9.5 and put in a lower launching shaft but I'm still hitting it a little higher than I'd like. Enough that I think it's costing me some distance. I think this might be mostly related to backspin that should improve with the bio... but I'd really love some real world info from AmpCell fans who have "upgraded" to the BioCell (or Bio Cell+).

I'm in the same boat. I have really been grooving the AC lately but if the Bio is similar and better... it's going to be tough to say no.

For those who have spent any real time with it already (ArmyGolf and mikeg_74, I'm looking at you!): did you game the amp cell previously? How would you compare the launch height? I've dropped my AC to 9.5 and put in a lower launching shaft but I'm still hitting it a little higher than I'd like. Enough that I think it's costing me some distance. I think this might be mostly related to backspin that should improve with the bio... but I'd really love some real world info from AmpCell fans who have "upgraded" to the BioCell (or Bio Cell+).

I am finding the Bio Cell with Red Tie to launch a bit higher than the Amp Cell Kusala Blue did, but I'm playing it at 0.5* higher loft and its a different shaft. At the same time the spin is 250-350 less with the Red Tie making it a favourable change IMO.
Its not apples to apples so take it for what its worth.

Cobra Bio Cell Driver Review Thread

Before today's round with the Bio I had the AMP Cell in my bag with the Aldila RIP Phenom & currently the White Tie. Playing it at 11.5* the ball did launch higher with the white tie than the Aldila. I like a mid to high ball flight so it didn't bug me & my guess is the increase distance with the Bio is prob coming from it producing less spin & me playing it at 12*. (Pure guess as I have not gotten on a LM to compare spin yet) The stock PxV does seem to lower the flight vs the current set up in my AC. I will say this, Cobra has improved on the forgiveness it seems & the Bio is just as easy to hit as the AC if not easier.

Last edited:
Will do a little work with this one during the week indoors, but going to save the bulk of my early testing for a trip to the range this weekend. Excited to see some balls fly.

purely aesthetic question here. Do you like the red better on this or the Covert you just did?

Will do a little work with this one during the week indoors, but going to save the bulk of my early testing for a trip to the range this weekend. Excited to see some balls fly.

Looking forward to your initial thoughts. I have another round today where I will put this through the paces. This course has some forced carries that my AC was ok with but always was a guess off the tee if it would make it.

purely aesthetic question here. Do you like the red better on this or the Covert you just did?

I wouldn't say better or worse really. This one is very cool on the crown with the Bio Cells sort of etched on there.

Loving the look of everything Cobra lately. If I wasn't getting a driver in April, this would be right at the top of my ponder list. Hopefully I'll get to hit Army's in April :D

I wouldn't say better or worse really. This one is very cool on the crown with the Bio Cells sort of etched on there.

The bio cell pattern on the back of the crown is very cool.

The bio cell pattern on the back of the crown is very cool.

I think the best part if the crown is how the black line on the edge is do subtle. You almost have too look really hard to see it

Hopefully it will be warm enough for you on Thursday so you can get out to the range. Suppose to 46 down here, and I got plans to head to the range. Love to see what this Bio Cell does against the Amp Cell.

Back