Bridgestone JGR Driver Review Thread

I cannot wait to try this out...I really love where Bridgestone is going with their breadth of product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the looks of this driver. I would be interested to see how it compares to the J715. Which is a beast for me.

What's the purpose of the milling on the face? Is it the same concept as on a putter?

As a big fan of the J815, I will keep an eye out for this driver, I expect to put a few swings on it in Feb - if it performs for me in any way like the 815, it might get purchased. Price point is very good!!

What's the purpose of the milling on the face? Is it the same concept as on a putter?

Link in first post has the info as well as the review on the previous driver. Pretty interesting stuff

I wonder why it's going to be cheaper than the J715? Hmmm... they would sell just as many at $399 IMO. Bridgestone gear is good. I'd gladly pay that for it. Heck I paid that for the J715 without hitting it first.

I wonder why it's going to be cheaper than the J715? Hmmm... they would sell just as many at $399 IMO. Bridgestone gear is good. I'd gladly pay that for it. Heck I paid that for the J715 without hitting it first.

Not adjustable. $299 seems like the sweet spot for a bonded driver.

I'm surprised they didn't go with a different color scheme based on the early Japan release being identical. But, it looks good. I think it will be more accepted than the 815 color scheme. And $300 is a great price.

I'm surprised they didn't go with a different color scheme based on the early Japan release being identical. But, it looks good. I think it will be more accepted than the 815 color scheme. And $300 is a great price.

i too am surprised they didn't go a different direction with the color scheme to differentiate it from the japan model. i definitely want to hit this. i'll be curious to see if it's anything like the j815, because that's one of the better drivers i've ever played.

Nice looking driver at a very attractive price. I'm interested to see how much the milling does for average swing speeds.

Can't wait to hit this at #ClubClash

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

What did you guys think of the stock shaft? Shaft – Aldila NV 2KXV Orange

Looks great.
Is -it really black, looks dark blue on different pictures.
what shaft was stock? In Japan it comes with a Bridgestone GD AD .
Will have to get one !

Is this the one Snedeker had in his bag last week at the Tournament of Champions?

The announcers made reference several times to the fact that he had picked up about 15 yards

Looks great.
Is -it really black, looks dark blue on different pictures.
what shaft was stock? In Japan it comes with a Bridgestone GD AD .
Will have to get one !

It's black.

Is this the one Snedeker had in his bag last week at the Tournament of Champions?

The announcers made reference several times to the fact that he had picked up about 15 yards

Someone skipped the link to the home page

Very intrigued by this driver, I wonder if they will have FWs down the pipe to pair with this one.

Looks like they took the awesomeness from the J715 and J815 and added some forgiveness and more launch in a bonded driver

JB will you have this with you in Alabama in a months time? Asking for a friend

I most likely will.

I really like this driver, the milling might be a game changer, I'm really interested in more thoughts

I'm digging the looks from the photos but would want to see it in person. Face milling has me intrigued and would love to hit a few with it, along with the rest of the Bstone lineup since I've never hit any of their clubs.

This club just looks mean and long.

I keep looking at this one and love the looks. I was a fan of both the j715 and j815 including the looks and this one is even better.

I'm digging this driver. Pretty clean looking. I would love too see how it stacks against my j815.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a good looking club, I would love to see how that worked for me.

Back