Travel Covers: The Definitive Thread

I'm in love with my Ogio Monster so I can't wait to hear how this is better!

sent from The Note 3

I'm pretty firm in my belief that there may not be a better travel bag line than the Sun Mountian "club glider" lineup.

Just finished review on the new Tour Series, simply incredible IMO, everything you could ever ask for out of a travel bag.

Really looking forward to this review. My last travel case didn't make it through last season in one piece and in need of something new. Have had my eye on this already, glad to see a review being done here.

So, we have a little event coming up next week and I never fly/travel with my clubs.

Any recommendations for a less expensive travel case? Basically something that will get me to the Bear Trap and back without causing too much issue with my clubs. Will likely not use the bag more than once a year (if that).

Golf Travel Bags Chauffeur 3

Soft Cover (I always use the bag boy stiff arm)

I bought it last January and used it for 7 trips furthest was BOS-SAN.

GREAT BAG! Slight wear to the underside, good wheels and strong handles one Int he center and one AT&T he base. Wonderful construction and nice traditional look as well.

It has two shoe pockets on the outside, two netting pockets on the inside and very good padding in the top.

Fits my Datrek cart bag comfortably inside.

MSRP is $150 but I got it for $90 on ebags.com

I highly recommend this bag.

baqery9u.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So, we have a little event coming up next week and I never fly/travel with my clubs.

Any recommendations for a less expensive travel case? Basically something that will get me to the Bear Trap and back without causing too much issue with my clubs. Will likely not use the bag more than once a year (if that).

See my post above. Love this bag, used it about 14x total and I can see some wear but it's held up great. Not sure what your budget is though. The bag will last you though. Looking forward to seeing you again dude.

I fit my staff bag in a soft-sided bag I got from Dick's, Acuity their house brand. I've used it probably 10x, never an issue. I just got the BagBoy BackBone thing off Amazon to use with it for my most recent trip, again no issues. I'd recommend the neoprene iron headcovers and remove your driver/wood heads if you can, just in case.

Since you're not planning on using the travel bag again, you might consider shipping your clubs. I believe FEDEX and a couple of others will deliver to your hotel.
Regardless of how you transport your clubs, I would recommend the Bag Boy Backbone (or equivalent), headcovers, and weaving a towel in between the heads/shafts.
This is my bag after it fell off of the top of the baggage cart. No damage in spite of the baggage gorillas efforts.
hema9u4a.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I have this bag: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C1BT3W2/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_AW1fub0T7X5B5

I have used it 4 times now with a stiff arm / backbone and never had an issue.

I used the Last Bag for several years, but it was not my last...

I've taken 4 trips with the Sun Mountain Clubglider Journey --- smooth. It glides easily, noiseless, and I mean it feels like nothing when you are pulling it. Plenty of room - two shoe bags inside and two belts inside. I use a Stiff Arm, can fit extra clothing, etc. The outside of the bag also has double strapping. The wheels and glider mechanism hide fully when you pull and then it pops in a receptacle. Great bag - no problems staying under 50 lbs when full.

Last edited:
Anyone with experience of Ogio Mutant ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not the mutant specifically, but I've been using the straight jacket from Ogio for a while now and love it, they make a nice travel product.

Not that one, but I have the Mammoth and I've been happy with it

Trust me, spend the money on one of the club gliders. You will NOT regret it.

Not that one, but I have the Mammoth and I've been happy with it

I also have the mammoth from ogio. On my last flight to phoenix, I saw at least 2 other guys with the same bag. Had to make sure i picked up the right one!
The only thing with the mammoth and my bag is that I always come very close to the 50 lb limit. Got to be aware of that for me.

Bag boy for me... been on a few trips and the bag is showing wear but its always protected my clubs. I do have a stiff arm, but another thing you can do is get a 3/4" piece of PVC, measure it, and put a tennis ball on top. (slit the tennis ball). works really well.

My only suggestion is if you are getting a soft bag, at least get one with the padding around the top. As much as you can.

Club Glove last bag. Phenomenal

DSC_1291-L.jpg

DSC_1296-L.jpg

DSC_1289-L.jpg

That's a good looking bag. Wish i didn't have a 'last bag' already...This would be a no brainer.

Ive used my Ogio monster a few times now and I have a stiff arm I put in it and I couldn't be happier. Probably some of the best money I spent.

I'm still rolling with my Club Glove bag for the last 10 years...rarely used it past 2 years.

Back