You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Update
THP Review can be found here.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/callaway-xr16-pro-fairway-wood/

In for review is the stealthy XR16 Pro fairway wood from Callaway. I am very excited about this one, as I currently game the X2Hot pro fairway at 14 degrees and have found great success with it over the last two seasons (with an Oban Devotion 8 series rebar shaft installed). After reading about all the technological improvements between X2hot, XR, and now XR16, I think there will be nothing but positive improvements to my experience. Good or bad for Callaway, I have huge expectations for this club.

From Callaway

For the XR16 Pro Fairway Wood, we’ve made huge leaps in our industry-leading technology that’s helped us become the #1 Fairway Wood in Golf. And we came away with a compact head design that’s hotter and more forgiving for even more ball speed and distance.

It’s built for higher MOI and a head shape that gives you the confidence and the technology to hit it long and straight. And we’ve improved on our category-defining face cup for high ball speed all across the face, added more turf interaction, lower spin, and put in extra speed from a compact, aerodynamic head shape.

Features & Benefits

Higher Ball Speed From A Hotter Face Cup - We’ve taken our industry-leading Forged Hyper Speed Face Cup and made it hotter, thinner, and lower spinning for even more speed and a large sweet spot.

More Forgiving and Easier To Hit - We’ve built in higher MOI and forgiveness from a thin crown that allows us to move the weight where we want it in a compact head shape that’s suited for low-handicap players. This fairway wood looks easy to hit because it IS easy hit, and with the lower CG it’s also highly versatile for the shots that you want to play.

A Compact, Aerodynamic Head Shape For Even More Speed - We’ve improved the aerodynamics on this compact head shape to create even more head speed for you to go along with the high ball speeds. This fairway wood is designed for ultimate ball speed.

Specs
14 degree - RH/LH - 43" length - 55.0° lie - 150CC - D3 Swingweight
16 degree - RH - 42.75" length - 55.5° lie - 145CC - D3 Swingweight
18 degree - RH - 42.5" length - 56° lie - 135CC - D3 Swingweight

Shaft
Fujikura Speeder Evolution II TS 765 Graphite - Regular - 72g - low/mid torque - mid kickpoint
Fujikura Speeder Evolution II TS 765 Graphite - Stiff 75g - low/mid torque - mid/high kickpoint
Fujikura Speeder Evolution II TS 765 Graphite - X-Stiff - 76g - low/mid torque - mid/high kickpoint

In Hand Photos

0111161657a-XL.jpg

0111161657-XL.jpg

0111161704-XL.jpg

0111161701-XL.jpg

0111161700g-XL.jpg

0111161700e-XL.jpg

0111161700d-XL.jpg

0111161658b-XL.jpg

0111161704a-XL.jpg

0111161703b-XL.jpg

0111161659a-XL.jpg

0111161659b-XL.jpg

0111161703d-XL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Such a great looking club. Can't wait to hear more about it.

I really like the stock shaft choice. Will be following this review closely.

Such a great looking club. Can't wait to hear more about it.

I am not even sure the in hand photos do it justice. It's got kind of an angry/stealthy dark presentation that really appeals to me.

Sub'd! That 16º is calling my name...

Very clean looking profile on the top and the sole just screams speed!

The bottom of that club looks so damn good.

Look forward to reading about this one. I had an X Hot and love it, wish I still had it.

I need to hit this bad boy

Forgive me as I wipe the drool off the keyboard, damn mighty fine looking club. Must must try for me at 14*.

If it's nice off the deck it may be time to shake up the bag.

I bet Dan hits this long way.

Such a good looking club. Wish they would've stuck with the blue headcover in the XR line.

Very sharp looking. 14° and a Speeder shaft , sounds great to me.

I bet Dan hits this long way.

My expectations for this club may be higher than anything else I've ever reviewed. While my bag tends to evolve throughout the year quite a bit, it does take a rather substantial experience for me personally to modify the contents in the long run.

I have a feeling I won't be let down.

Very nice looking club there. The profile appeals to me. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Love the headcover this year but then again I'm partial to those colors

I've been waiting for them to come out with a 16deg FW in something this size.

Do we know about shaft options? I haven't had great luck with speeders in the past.

Love this look. I'm sure the pictures don't do it justice either

I've been waiting for them to come out with a 16deg FW in something this size.

Do we know about shaft options? I haven't had great luck with speeders in the past.

based on Callaway's site, there will be premium no-upcharge options.

Cool looking club. Looking forward to your full review, Canadan!

Looks good! I need to see one for myself:)

Very interested in this one, especially off the deck. Still looking for a 3w that is easy to hit.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

This looks great in hand. The updated XR logo looks angry! Pro model isn't for me but I'm excited to give the standard version a swing after seeing the pro.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I am definitely going to be looking at updating my fairway wood to this great looking Callaway club, 14 degrees, stiff shaft

Back