The best shot of the round

Flighted a 50 under the wind with a 5yd or so cut to 4ft and knocked in the birdie. It was one of those shots where as soon as it came off the clubface, I knew it was good.

I stuck my approach into the 2nd hole at Ledgestone (Branson Mo) inside a foot for a tap in birdie today. 138 yards into an 8-10 mph wind, pin tucked just over the right front bunker. I don't have #internetgolfer length so that was a knocked down 7 iron for me. My 2/3 hybrid into the par 3 17th green might have trumped it were I actually shooting for the green. I was trying to bail out right but pulled it and just killed it and my ball luckily carried the lake by a yard leaving a 15 footer. Two putt par.

Last edited:
3h draw downwind to an uphill green - I was 232 out, pin was on the front half of the green.
Flew to the back left corner of the green, ball ended up about 4 ft off the green in the fringe.
That was a beautiful golf shot - I wish the result had been better, but I am quite happy with the shot!!

i had a few nice shots today. first hole of the day i had 135 for my second shot with some wind helping, so i pulled my weak pitching wedge and stuck it to 4' and made the birdie. i had 145 over water into a slight breeze, and hit 9i to 6' but missed the putt. on 18, after being pretty disappointed with my play all day i made up my mind i wanted to make birdie. i hit a hard draw into a good breeze 255, topped my fw but still only had 129. i hit weak pitching wedge to 3' and made the putt. there were some other nice shots, but lots more not so nice shots.

A 35 foot putt breaking 8 inches to the right for birdie. Sweet.

I sank a 24 ft putt to save double bogey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stupid long 235 yard par 3 that I can count the GIR on one hand in a 100+ rounds played.
Anyways, put a 3 wood to about 10', missed the birdie putt.

Whiskey Creek. Approach shot went long and ended up behind two staggered trees that had maybe a foot and a half between them to a a pin that was in the middle of a downhill green. Hit the shot between the trees like I pictured it but carried it two feet too far and it rolled down 15 feet past. Yeah, I didn't make the uphill putt. I also had some killer sand saves - hit one that apparently had some major spin on it (I was in a bunker below the green so I didn't see it), past the hole spinning back. I don't think I made that putt either, LOL.

185 yard par 3, missed left and ended up short sided below the green and under a pine tree. Hit a nice 60 degree to about 6 feet and drained the par put.

On a long par 5 my second (3W) went right of the green and ended up 80 yards out with a tall tree between the ball and the pin. Too close to go over, only play was to go right of the tree and try to draw it back towards the green/pin. Played my 54* and drew it around the tree and the ball impacted 4' left of the pin. Due to the draw, it released to the fringe but two putts later I had my par.

8 iron from 167, downhill par 3.
a585e85201c638ff6bb0717b49441e96.jpg

220 yd 4 iron to front of green. Two putt birdie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeowza.......most stout 4 iron. :thumb: Surely was a smooth swing. Didn't mean to call you Shirley.:laughing:

5 wood 195 uphill and into a stiff wind to 1.5 feet on the 9th hole to shoot a 32 on the front.

I have two.

First hole I pulled my tee shot behind a line of trees. I hit a really nice crisp 9i draw from 145 around the tree to 8 feet left of a tucked pin (missed the birdie putt).

16th hole is a long par 3 that gives me fits. It plays longer than the number, has water right and sand left. The pin was back right, bringing water into play. I hit a really nice 5i draw from 185 to the left quarter of the green, exactly where I was aiming.

Probably a 4h from 170 ish into the wind that I hit the green with or an 8 iron that l just barely elevated over a fairway bunker lip from 160. Not a good day for sticking it close with the big wind.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

On 17 today (par 5), I hit a bad drive into the water left off the tee. Really my only bad drive of the day. Then from the drop hit a 5 iron really well to leave me 105 left. Took my approach wedge and hit it well and it hit the stick and dropped about 3 feet to save par.

I had a fried egg lie inside a bunker off a short-sided downhill green. I figured if I took an ordinary bunker blast I might airmail it out of the green.

I took my blade putter, turned it on its toe, and got the ball out of the fried egg to two-putt for bogey. Cute.

here is an eagle I got on camera . I pitched in from 40 yards

playing our local muni. Maybe one nice day left

here is an eagle I got on camera . I pitched in from 40 yards

playing our local muni. Maybe one nice day left

WOW, way to catch that on camera congrats on that awesome holeout. Also how do you not slip playing in crocs?

Right after being ice jacked for the 3rd time by the group behind us, I managed to put a AW to about 6 feet long from 117 out. Made the bird then showed my appreciation for aforementioned group behind us.
(They got an assisted hole in 1).

I used to play bare foot. They feel so comfortable on my soles of my feet. If you are adhering to proper swing fundamentals than shoes are just an after thought

Bat shot of the round for me today was the only 1 putt I had. Holed from about 20 ft. Which is good for me.

Two shots come to mind today - the best was probably the Heavenwood I hit from about 230 out on a par 5, especially since I'd been having trouble with pull hooks all morning until that point. The next, and probably most satisfying shot, was the 5i I hit on the 18th hole today. Put it to a few feet, and made the putt for birdie. Something great about ending the round that way.

170 from fairway bunker...stuck 8i to 5 ft past pin and actually made the bird putt.

Back