Android Phone Thread

My 6p shipped today. Shipping got bumped to overnight at no extra cost. Let the trial run with it and project fi commence!

I love the LG G4

Ok guys, I need your help. I'm about to replace my Samsung s4 and would like some suggestions. I hate my current phone because of the touch screen and my rough blue collar hands. I could give a rats ass about anything but the camera, calls, voicemail, maps, the occasional internet, and A TOUCH SCREEN I CAN USE!

My 6p shipped today. Shipping got bumped to overnight at no extra cost. Let the trial run with it and project fi commence!
I think you are going to love the phone. Interested to see what you think of fi. Did you have to order a sim?

Can't wait to hear what you think of Fi... I have been pondering the switch for a long time

I think you are going to love the phone. Interested to see what you think of fi. Did you have to order a sim?

yup I ordered through Fi so a sim will be coming with it.

Can't wait to hear what you think of Fi... I have been pondering the switch for a long time

I'm super interested. I'm not going to close my Verizon line just yet. Do a little side by side comparison. My VZW contract ends today, but I'll keep that line open and use the Fi number temporarily.

I'm super interested. I'm not going to close my Verizon line just yet. Do a little side by side comparison. My VZW contract ends today, but I'll keep that line open and use the Fi number temporarily.

FYI, if you end up wanting to use the 6p on verizon you'll need a nano sim - good chance you have a micro sim right now. Wife and I had the same and it was super easy to just cut down the micro sim with this

http://www.amazon.com/Aerb-Cutter-S...id=1446666295&sr=8-1&keywords=nano+sim+cutter

I walked into a Verizon store and they handed me a nano sim. I read online its not always that easy but it was for me.

Depends on the device, as of the launch of the 6p, it technically wasn't an "approved" device in Verizon's system, so they could not activate a new sim using the 6p. Reading other forums, that might have changed since launch.

Joe you throw a case on yours or is it naked?

Depends on the device, as of the launch of the 6p, it technically wasn't an "approved" device in Verizon's system, so they could not activate a new sim using the 6p. Reading other forums, that might have changed since launch.

Yep, it was the same story with my 6, because it was the 64 Gig and not the 32 it wasn't approved, as silly as that sounds. They couldn't activate in store, but I went in and just asked for the sim, they handed it to me, then I went home and activated. I didn't want to cut my sim in case I went back to old phone if it didn't work. I know some tried the same thing and the stores refused to give them a sim, no idea why, other than they are Verizon so they like to make things difficult.

Just throwing out another option that might work.

Got it that was my dilemma because my contract isn't over for a while and I don't want to pay the termination fee. I want to keep hearing what people say about Fi also

Got it that was my dilemma because my contract isn't over for a while and I don't want to pay the termination fee. I want to keep hearing what people say about Fi also

I used sprint for 4 years in my area with no real problems. No clue which network is stronger between them and t-mobile. Certainly intrigued by it and part of the reason I gave this phone a chance

I used sprint for 4 years in my area with no real problems. No clue which network is stronger between them and t-mobile. Certainly intrigued by it and part of the reason I gave this phone a chance

Got it. I am sick of playing an arm and a leg for Verizon, yes the network is great and coverage almost everywhere is great. The price just seems so high especially when I am on Wifi at home and work.

For me Sprint has been 10 times better already and 50 bucks less a month (will be 100 less in 19 more months)

Last edited:
it is, i just wished it worked properly on the Nexus 6 on VZW. Hopefully the problem is fixed on the 6P.

What issue did you have? Worked fine on my 6.

What issue did you have? Worked fine on my 6.

It wouldn't go to it for voicemails. It would only go to the default VZW one. Even when it was selected in settings.

It wouldn't go to it for voicemails. It would only go to the default VZW one. Even when it was selected in settings.

So weird, no issues with mine. The only problem I had was when I was without service all day, it randomly switches back to default.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wake I am disappointed to see that you are no longer with us

Oh yeah...

0c410a4b0fcdfe9e78ffa40188757a35.jpg

It is go time

Wake I am disappointed to see that you are no longer with us

Understandable. I hate myself for it.

I still use the Nexus around the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Understandable. I hate myself for it.

I still use the Nexus around the house.

If you say it is a work phone I will understand. Anything other than that and I am afraid I can not accept...

Back