NE Ohio Spring Get Together

I need to check my work schedule but I can't pass up an Ohio gathering of by best golf buddies!

Philly,
Can you tell me what the approximate schedule looks like?

I believe we asked them for tee times starting at 8:30am then again at 1 on the other course. I think that's the latest we can start and still have daylight for the last couple groups to finish

I believe we asked them for tee times starting at 8:30am then again at 1 on the other course. I think that's the latest we can start and still have daylight for the last couple groups to finish

Are the courses attached? Is it shotgun?
Here is my reasoning. If you start at 8:30am and have lets say 32 people, the last group will tee off an hour later. Now I understand those that tee later then again would tee later, but it would be cutting it really close based on THPer's pace of play. Does it really get dark at 6 or so in Ohio in May? Genuine question.

Here is my reasoning. If you start at 8:30am and have lets say 32 people, the last group will tee off an hour later. Now I understand those that tee later then again would tee later, but it would be cutting it really close based on THPer's pace of play. Does it really get dark at 6 or so in Ohio in May? Genuine question.

18 green is about 50 feet from the #1 tee box on the second course. And normally it's closer to 7 before it gets too dark to play

Dark around 7 in May I believe. But if it's sweetbriarlegacy then they have 2 courses that are attached. Both first holes are next to each other.

18 green is about 50 feet from the #1 tee box on the second course. And normally it's closer to 7 before it gets too dark to play

I can honestly say I didnt know. I assumed it was light till 8:30 like here.
So that would mean that the same foursome you play with the 1st round will be for the second?
Sorry for all the questions, just want to have my ducks in a row for a few things.

Dark around 7 in May I believe. But if it's sweetbriarlegacy then they have 2 courses that are attached. Both first holes are next to each other.
May 16th sunset is at 840 pm.

Last edited:
Wow that's correct. I was way off. Typical sunrise is 6:30 with sunset of 8:40
No worries. It's been so gray you almost forget the sun sets after 9 in June.

So this is getting pretty big, and now talking about daylight. Maybe a silly question, but is there potentially gonna be a cap at some point?

I can honestly say I didnt know. I assumed it was light till 8:30 like here.
So that would mean that the same foursome you play with the 1st round will be for the second?
Sorry for all the questions, just want to have my ducks in a row for a few things.

8:30 sunset is correct. But yes if we do first tee times of 8:30 and 1, it'll be same groups all day unless we put people in pairs and shuffle the pairs with the group immediately behind them

So this is getting pretty big, and now talking about daylight. Maybe a silly question, but is there potentially gonna be a cap at some point?

The only thing effected by the number of people is the cookout at my house. And we passed that 24 hours ago haha

The only thing effected by the number of people is the cookout at my house. And we passed that 24 hours ago haha
Haha good deal!

Make the restaurant happen Manziel.

I am entertained at the idea of sunset talk. Beats the heck out of weather talk.
Yeah I love a good sunset..... And some golf with THPers

I am entertained at the idea of sunset talk. Beats the heck out of weather talk.

You'd be surprised how relevant it is. It means playing with 3 THPers or possibly playing with 6 different. My noggin is actually full of ideas...

Only thing left to talk about is apparel. Pants or shorts?

Let's get this party started. Come on May 17th!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pants or Shorts? Hell I'm hoping I won't need a scarf!

You'd be surprised how relevant it is. It means playing with 3 THPers or possibly playing with 6 different. My noggin is actually full of ideas...

Just having some fun. Of course it's relevant.

Can't wait for it to be over? :alien:

I just wanna show up and get my golf on

Sweetbriar got a little slow last time we played. Wasn't that a 5 hour round?

Back