I ordered a dozen of these today. They will start shipping on the 15th. I'm curious to put them up against my TPx and Chrome Soft.

Interesting. 25 bucks for a 3 piece urethane ball seems to be similar to the E5. I'm not sure I get his time frame I thought the Pro v1 came out in 2000 but he was at Taylormade for the past 18 years.

I think we will see this guy on Shark Tank.
To be fair, the e5 is two piece urethane. Also, his price point is $31.99 and shipping is free. It's a pretty good price for a 3 piece urethane ball.

This ball has gotten great reviews. The numbers are incredible matched up against Pro V1

To be fair, the e5 is two piece urethane. Also, his price point is $31.99 and shipping is free. It's a pretty good price for a 3 piece urethane ball.

Caste urethane as well so you get a bit more spin.

My dream ball would be the chrome soft with a touch more green side spin.

I decided to go ahead a pull the trigger on a dozen of the My Tour Ball, they have piqued my interest. I just wish they carried yellow.

This ball has gotten great reviews. The numbers are incredible matched up against Pro V1

That shouldn't really be much of a surprise. We saw that two years ago with the 3up balls and then all the others that have followed. Golf ball is a golf ball on some level.

Caste urethane as well so you get a bit more spin.

My dream ball would be the chrome soft with a touch more green side spin.

How so?

Post was removed.
While THP allows links to other sites, sites that do not honor embargo dates will be removed. Thanks.

My apologies.

That shouldn't really be much of a surprise. We saw that two years ago with the 3up balls and then all the others that have followed. Golf ball is a golf ball on some level.

How so?
Agreed, but a top performing golf ball at a great price, separates itself from the pack.

I guess. Or it just makes it a good performing ball at a great price like some of the others. It's certainly not alone or unique in that regard.

I guess. Or it just makes it a good performing ball at a great price like some of the others. It's certainly not alone or unique in that regard.
Agreed its not alone for sure. I.also read the new Jack Nicklaus ball line are high performers at an even better price

Those are Bridgestone balls.
In a ball test on a site I wont mention they out performed Bridgestone ball which is confusing. Why would Bridgestone produce a ball that out performs their own? I actually wanted to do a thread on this question but the numbers are based out of a different site and I didnt know if that was Kosher?

I get the love for small companies and I think people get a little fuzzy feeling like they are part of something when you deal with them. Rob at 3Up is an awesome guy, runs a customer-centric business and I wish him well. I'm sure these guys are very cool too. They are and will remain a niche product though, and now that people can find similarly priced premium golf balls in a store with a label they are familar with, these brands lose whatever leverage it was that they had to begin with. Other than the warm and fuzzy thing, which is not going to go too far.

Stinks, but it's true. I just don't get the surprise that they perform like a $50 Tour ball. Hell, we've seen that for years now with both OEM balls and off-brands that came in at a lower price. It's like every time another one of these companies pops up, there's this big exclamation that WOW they spin and go about as far as anything else. Well, of course they do. It's not like they just took a stab at making a golf ball by mixing up some rubber and white paint.

And absent a robot test, how do you judge that a ball outperformed another? Anything related to ball testing that tries to rank them is inherently flawed from the get go.

In a ball test on a site I wont mention they out performed Bridgestone ball which is confusing. Why would Bridgestone produce a ball that out performs their own? I actually wanted to do a thread on this question but the numbers are based out of a different site and I didnt know if that was Kosher?

THP should really be about golf and THP and leave other sites to do what they want to do.
Im sure if you start threads on other sites about the epic events and other things THP is doing, they wont last long either.

And absent a robot test, how do you judge that a ball outperformed another? Anything related to ball testing that tries to rank them is inherently flawed from the get go.
It's technically feasible to have human ball strikers perform the analysis, but it'd take hundreds if not thousands of shots and some serious statistical analysis to prove ... well, maybe nothing. And that's just for one golfer with one club.

Fact of the matter is, like clubs IMO, main stream golf balls are all going to perform well so play whatever you like.

Anyone try these yet? I see they are shipping now.

Mine have not arrived yet gr8dryv, I hope to get them out on the course this week.

Mine have not arrived yet gr8dryv, I hope to get them out on the course this week.

Which ones did you go with? The "My Tour" are on my radar.

Played with the My Tour model today and I did enjoy them. The sound "soft" off of the club face and seem to be at least as long if not slightly longer than my regular gamer. Conditions were wet and I have lost a lot of distance due to my back so it will take several rounds for me to get a decent comparison. Early indication is me likey.

Both balls will be reviewed in the coming weeks. We'll do a little course time and some testing in a controlled setting.

I just ordered a dozen, and $31.99 price including shipping I figure they are worth trying out

Both balls will be reviewed in the coming weeks. We'll do a little course time and some testing in a controlled setting.

Definitely a very attractive price for a urethane ball.

Took both balls to the putting green yesterday. All intentions to look at short game performance, but it started raining and cut me short.

I know I'm supposed to say one putted worse or better or something like that since that what gold medal awarders do, but in truth they both just putted like golf balls. Should be able to look at greenside spin today.

I played the "My Tour Ball" this past Saturday for my first round of the year @ my new club, shooting a 73. The ball performed very well. The spin 100 yards and in was damn good. It holds its line well in the wind and doesn't even try to "balloon" when hit into the wind. Very durable cover, too. My only complaint is that it doesn't float, as I lost it in the water on the 17th hole. In all honesty, I really like the ball, but I don't think it's quite as long as my usual Tour Preferred X's. Although, I feel the cover was more durable than the Tour Preferred X.

Back