Nike Vapor Pro Combo Irons Review

Well then play them :p

Sounds like you got a keeper buddy.

Oh these addicting little irons.

I enjoyed my time with the 545's, I know them and the Apex are more forgiving, but these just hold my eye insanely well. I'm confident with them and paired with the DG Pro's I can launch them through the set. Plus, mental or not, my accuracy is better, I know thats me and my swing, but its true FOR ME. These are just everything I personally want in an iron right now.
Why? Why would you do this to me? Looks like I've got a very tough choice ahead of me.

Well then play them :p

Sounds like you got a keeper buddy.

I am sir, though I'm also not effing with the setup, the Veylix will find another head or a new home.

These will be at my apartment tomorrow!!

These clubs are just flat out amazing!

Tyler- you should just pull the trigger bud. Like many others have said, these are life/game changers. Think about how low your scores would be if you had these! ;)

Tyler- you should just pull the trigger bud. Like many others have said, these are life/game changers. Think about how low your scores would be if you had these! ;)

Can you explain further?

I can't go that far about any club. There are muuuuuuuuch more forgiving and playable irons out there. These just fit my wants the best right now.

I'm not sure I'd go that far but they were really nice. For me, they fit the bill in what I like in an iron. They also felt really good despite the cold temps. The extra toe weighting I like.

Can you explain further?

Darn, you caught that.

A few Michiganders went and demo'ed clubs this past Saturday and we just happened to hit this stick. Well, long story short, tpluff hit these the best and had nothing but positive things to say about them. So the comment above is just to budge him a little bit more (teasing more or less). IMO, from the one club we were hitting (6i), he was connecting with this better than anything I have ever seen him hit.

I'm not sure I'd go that far but they were really nice. For me, they fit the bill in what I like in an iron. They also felt really good despite the cold temps. The extra toe weighting I like.

If you get these can I hit them...?
I couldn't believe how these felt, I enjoyed my swings with these, very pleased with what I saw, even though I had no business with these in hand....

If you get these can I hit them...?
I couldn't believe how these felt, I enjoyed my swings with these, very pleased with what I saw, even though I had no business with these in hand....

I regret passing up on these at a killer price today. Ugh. They'll happen somehow.

A lot of people jumping from Apex to these or debating it. Curious here, what do these offer that the Apex do not and vice versa? I have both and trying to figure a few things out. I mean I heard earlier these were "life changing". I think I am doing something wrong.

I am still shocked you didn't get them dude

My mind/wallet overcame my heart for a brief period of time. I'd really like 1 last demo of them to see if it is real, but I'm really in no rush as there will still be snow on the ground for weeks to come.

A lot of people jumping from Apex to these or debating it. Curious here, what do these offer that the Apex do not and vice versa? I have both and trying to figure a few things out. I mean I heard earlier these were "life changing". I think I am doing something wrong.

I am not jumping.. I will have both. Just want to try something out, with the 140% trade-in and stuff laying around it was scratching an itch. I don't think they offer anything more than Apex, but I prefer the look of these. Just for fun

I am not jumping.. I will have both. Just want to try something out, with the 140% trade-in and stuff laying around it was scratching an itch. I don't think they offer anything more than Apex, but I prefer the look of these. Just for fun

I know how you feel about those Apex brother.
When I played them side by side, I saw something that was shorter and less forgiving (by a lot).

So I guess if I am flighting the ball a lot of different ways (you can still do that with the Apex) or really its just a look thing.

Thanks TH, was trying to figure a few things out because I honestly thought I was missing something.

I know how you feel about those Apex brother.
When I played them side by side, I saw something that was shorter and less forgiving (by a lot).

So I guess if I am flighting the ball a lot of different ways (you can still do that with the Apex) or really its just a look thing.

Thanks TH, was trying to figure a few things out because I honestly thought I was missing something.

I love my Apex's.. Truly a special set of irons. I have told you numerous times that they are incredible irons for me and my game. FWIW I didn't make any claims of these being life-changing, but for me it is something to try and if I don't like them, I will recoup much more than I personally put into them. It is an experiment of sorts, one that I have no idea how it will end, but I have the trusty Apex's to take their spot if I don't like them

I love my Apex's.. Truly a special set of irons. I have told you numerous times that they are incredible irons for me and my game. FWIW I didn't make any claims of these being life-changing, but for me it is something to try and if I don't like them, I will recoup much more than I personally put into them. It is an experiment of sorts, one that I have no idea how it will end, but I have the trusty Apex's to take their spot if I don't like them

Good stuff. Looking forward to your feedback.

I know a guy you can sell them too... Hahah

I'm pondering it but not for it's life altering characteristics. The Apex are my favorite irons out there and I enjoyed the heck out of them this year, a simple shaft change and I would be incredibly happy to continue on with them for this year and could do so. They aren't going anywhere. I'd really like to compare them head to head to see what is going on there. I know one thing, I'd be giving up some forgiveness if I were to make the move. But, I like shiny new things too like many people.

I'm pondering it but not for it's life altering characteristics. The Apex are my favorite irons out there and I enjoyed the heck out of them this year, a simple shaft change and I would be incredibly happy to continue on with them for this year and could do so. I'd really like to compare them head to head to see what is going on there. I know one thing, I'd be giving up some forgiveness if I were to make the move. But, I like shiny new things too like many people.

Well put and basically how I feel dude. Shiny is fun

Well put and basically how I feel dude. Shiny is fun
You hit the ball far from what I hear. Did you see any gains distance wise in your time with nike? (Sorry for skim)

You hit the ball far from what I hear. Did you see any gains distance wise in your time with nike? (Sorry for skim)

I don't know if I hit it far.. I don't expect gains from these. I expect about half a club less than Apex, but I hit the Apex further than any iron set I have ever hit.

If my PW becomes my 125 club instead of my 135 club I think I will manage just fine with gapping. Honestly, it will be a fun experiment. If they don't work out I sell them and go back to Apex which is a fine consolation.

I don't know if I hit it far.. I don't expect gains from these. I expect about half a club less than Apex, but I hit the Apex further than any iron set I have ever hit.

If my PW becomes my 125 club instead of my 135 club I think I will manage just fine with gapping. Honestly, it will be a fun experiment. If they don't work out I sell them and go back to Apex which is a fine consolation.
Oh that's not far at all ;).
Did you get to hit them yet to see if your half club theory is true?

I definitely want to take some swings with the nike lines this year. Not really looking to change but enjoy seeing what's out there

Oh that's not far at all ;).
Did you get to hit them yet to see if your half club theory is true?

I definitely want to take some swings with the nike lines this year. Not really looking to change but enjoy seeing what's out there

Nope. I commented awhile back in KC if you want to hit left handed clubs you are basically SOL. Just like when I was at ECPC for the #Grandaddy I didn't get to hit the Apex, but based on what I like in irons I figured they were a good fit (definitely were). These will be hit for the first time when I get them and we get decent weather. Once again, if they don't work, I will switch back to Ole' Faithful and sell these. No problem taking a gamble for what little I had to pay out of pocket.

Back