Odyssey Works Putters Preview

I need to find some of these to roll. I want one. Just a question of which one I get.

I've been eagerly waiting for these to show up at the PGA SS, a 1w will replace my current Versa 1w

From a pure collectors standpoint the 1W or #7 will make its way into the collection.

The tank logo on the bottom of the tank grip is awesome!
putters-2015-works-rossie-1-tank-versa____4.png

I really want to roll the fang 2 ball, but the headcover looks so bad.

putters-2015-works-2-ball-fang-versa____6.png

Yep as soon as mine arrives the #Buckets headcover is going on it.

I really want to roll the fang 2 ball, but the headcover looks so bad.

putters-2015-works-2-ball-fang-versa____6.png
And by bad, you mean good!!! I actually like the graphic, adds something to the model vs a stock one that other models use.

Pondering a big trade-in of old clubs that would make a 1-Wide just about free. But I'd have to part with my Black Series Tour Design 1-Wide. And I'm really unsure how to feel about that.

I haven't seen any in person anyplace around me doesn't have it yet to try .... I would love to give this new odyssey a roll

My local shop only has in the 1W. Boy oh boy it is sweeeeeet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought the 1w, 35" this morning. Went with the stock grip rather then super stroke. I don't play a SS and when I tried this one I was having a hard time keep my hands quiet.

Tried these today at a local golfsmith. They all look very nice. Tried the #1, #1w, #7, both in regular and CB. They all putted great in the store. Currently I am gaming a metal x 1 mid cut down to 35" w a weight in the grip (50g). Works great and I love the metal X face.

The 1W and 1 were my favorite and I almost pulled the trigger today on it. I use a Superstroke 3.0 and have been for the past 2-3 seasons. It works for me and keeps my hands quiet. The club I wanted to buy was the #1 with the superstroke 3.0 grip. I know this sounds silly but the graphics on the odyssey grips as different. I use the "swooshes" on the Superstroke grips to set. Y hands properly but because of the different graphics on the odyssey ones I had a hard time always finding the sweet spot.

Yes this sounds silly but for a $200 club I had to hold off for now. Instead I just did a Versa MXM #1 from CPO with a 25% coupon. Then I can install my own superstroke grip.

Rolled the Fang at Golfsmith today.

Me likey.

How did it compare to the rossie?

It felt a lot more stable. Tough to gauge aiming on such a flat surface, but I liked it. If it had a 3.0 on it, I would have been REALLY tempted.

All of this talk is not helping me... :D

So the #1W Tank is incredible. The roll is what I can't get over usually there is an audible click & it was muted with this one. Soft, but firm feel (if that makes sense) & the ball rolls well. For the price this is a great buy and I'll own one at some point.

Had a chance to roll this finally and sorry, I dont get it. The feel was soft and non-responsive. Kind of took the best Odyssey insert of all time and made it mushy and terrible.

The Rosie is calling me, I owned one when I first started playing. I like seeing the rebirth of a classic

Had a chance to roll this finally and sorry, I dont get it. The feel was soft and non-responsive. Kind of took the best Odyssey insert of all time and made it mushy and terrible.
Interesting, I need to give it a roll.

I spent about a half hour rolling the Versa 90 V-line with WHP insert and the Works V-Line today and have a few thoughts. I find putters tough to comment on but I'll do my best.
I thought the Works felt and sounded almost identical to the WHP insert. I'm not sure if it was supposed to or not, but to me this was a good thing.
I also thought the Works had more zip or speed coming off the face than the WHP, also a good thing. This was only noticeable on longer putts for me.

I really didn't like the look of the particular Works model I was trying, but that's minor if it drains puts. I did like the look of the #1W, but the black/silver is a bit 'meh' to me. I can say that my next mallet putter will be a V-Line of one type or another. I really like that head.

I rolled the no1 putter yesterday as they have finally shown up in Australia. It was only in store on the crappy fake grass, but I must say I really enjoyed the feel of the new insert overlay combo, compared to my old white hot. The ball seemed to do everything they promised with less skid and more roll. I also tried the no7 counterbalanced version with superstroke grip, and was pleasantly surprised, as I have never been a fan of this grip. The face was very easy to keep on plane and the ball rolled very true.

Now I just need to find a local course where the pro shop is selling them to give them a true work out on the greens. Hopefully I will be finally able to replace my 6 year old white hot no1 with a new shiny version. I do love the blue and silver of the works putters.

Back