The Movie Review Thread

I had to explain to my wife that all of the over-the-topness was related to the movie knowing it was a movie. She still didn't believe any of it was necessary.
I didn't even fool around with trying to talk my fiance into coming to it haha. Not her cup of tea for sure.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I didn't even fool around with trying to talk my fiance into coming to it haha

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
My wife brought it up. She regretted it.

Also saw deadpool over the weekend.... unique and very very good.
I'm not one to laugh to much at movies, but this gave me a few throughout.
Well worth going to.

Saw the Revenant yesterday. It was long winded and scenes dragged on at times but overall it was a decent flick. Make sure you smoke a little weed before you go in it really adds to the experience and intensifies the fight sequences. The arrows looked amazing slicing through skulls and bodies. Wow. The film is based on the life of Hugh Glass and to a lesser degree Jim Bridger.

First review that I have read that has this as a recommendation. Think I'll get it on demand without the weed. Hope you had fun and tipped the girl at the snack counter well.

Sooo....

Deadpool

Hyper violent. Vulgar. It's quite obvious that once the writers got the green light for an R Rating, they went all out. Nudity, violence, and swearing not that any of that bothered me but my wife was less than pleased. It doesn't follow the comic's storyline but that doesn't bother me. It definitely does things that most comic book movies don't have the guts to do.

Based on your review, is this a must see? Wait for DVD? Cable? You mentioned your wife did not like it, but not how much you liked it.

Based on your review, is this a must see? Wait for DVD? Cable? You mentioned your wife did not like it, but not how much you liked it.
For an adult comicbook movie fan, must see. I'm not sold that it's a must go to the theater. But it is pretty close

DeadPool yup it was good. Really funny.

Saw Deadpool last weekend and it was exactly what I wanted it to be.
I laughed, my wife laughed. We had a good time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched Creed last night. I enjoyed the hell out of it.

I watched the Revenant last night, in the comfort of my own home. There are 2 kinds of LONG movies. The really GREAT ones, that fill all the time with relative material, and holds our attention the entire time......and the ones that really should have been 40 minutes shorter....but there's so much artsy fartsiness they're trying to cram in there, that the usual 1 hour 45 minute format ust doesn't cut it.

This movie is the latter. The action was good, the story was decent (at best) and the scenery was beautiful, BUT I swear sometimes there was a nature scene just chilling on my screen so long, I thought the screensaver kicked in.

I watched the Revenant last night, in the comfort of my own home. There are 2 kinds of LONG movies. The really GREAT ones, that fill all the time with relative material, and holds our attention the entire time......and the ones that really should have been 40 minutes shorter....but there's so much artsy fartsiness they're trying to cram in there, that the usual 1 hour 45 minute format ust doesn't cut it.

This movie is the latter. The action was good, the story was decent (at best) and the scenery was beautiful, BUT I swear sometimes there was a nature scene just chilling on my screen so long, I thought the screensaver kicked in.

I haven't seen the Revenant yet but I know exactly what you experienced. IMO there are too many movies where certain scenes should have just been left on the cutting room floor to tighten up the story line.

Quentin Tarantino talked about this topic. He said that he is very conscious about this and he found that many of his own personal favorite scenes never made it into his movies. With Kill Bill, Tarantino just had too many scenes that he just felt had to stay in the movie, but the movie just would have been too long. His solution to the problem of course was to release the movie in two parts. He's one of my all time favorite directors. YMMV.

Watched Creed last night. I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Maybe I'll check it out. Is it different from the past series?

Watched Deadpool its first weekend out. If you're a fan of the comicbook version, go see this movie. It is very much like the comic book version, crude, rude, and socially unacceptable but absolutely freaking hilarious. Definitely not portrayed like previous X-Men iterations of the character.

Watching Kingsman and it's not a great movie, but the fight scenes are freaking incredible.

Watching Kingsman and it's not a great movie, but the fight scenes are freaking incredible.

Agreed. Not the best movie but the fight scenes with at some of the best. The Church scene was amazing.

The Movie Review Thread

Agreed. Not the best movie but the fight scenes with at some of the best. The Church scene was amazing.

That literally just happened on my screen

Watched London Has Fallen. Simple storyline, basic good guys vs bad guys, lots of stuff blows up....overall a good $5 afternoon matinee. If you're a fan of the first one, Olympus Has Fallen, you'll enjoy it.

Watched Bridge of Spies the other week. I thought it was great. Wife not so much. Asked her what she thought about it and she said, 'It's old men arguing.'

I watched Spotlight the other night. Heart breaking movie.

Watched Bridge of Spies the other week. I thought it was great. Wife not so much. Asked her what she thought about it and she said, 'It's old men arguing.'

I watched that last week. I enjoyed it but it was pretty cliche. The bad Russians versus the good Americans theme was really hit hard.

Saw 10 Cloverfield Lane on Sat night.

An amazing thriller. John Goodman gave an Oscar worthy performance. The ending was...interesting...but overall I thought it was great.

An amazing thriller. John Goodman gave an Oscar worthy performance. The ending was...interesting...but overall I thought it was great.
I'm looking forward to seeing this one. Glad you liked it.

I've seen a few different trailers for this movie. I have absolutely no idea what it is about. I'm having a tough time going to a movie that may be something that doesn't interest me in the least. Is it horror? Is it drama? Is it an action movie? I have no clue!

Back