Have you improved or regressed in 2015

• I have improved in 2015

Votes: 46 64.8%
  • I have stayed relatively the same

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • my golf has gotten worse in 2015

Votes: 14 19.7%

• Total voters
Regressed. Had a few injuries that got me off to a late start. Now midway through the season my tempo is off, and I've developed 'happy feet' with the driver. A lot more toe misses this year... hopefully I can figure it out.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

It has stayed relatively the same for me. I've been more inconsistent off the tee, driver in particular, but my short game is better due to a bit more practice and playing.

My game has improved greatly since last year. Although I only played 5 months of 2014 after taking 8 years off the game. Looking forward to lowering it even more before end of the year

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

it's the best i've ever felt about my game. but for a few shaky spots, i feel like i could be pretty low. if i can just get putting, sand and pitching to cooperate, i really feel like i could do something special. fun topic!

I feel like I've improved, particularly in the short game area, but the cap isn't fully reflecting it just yet. I definitely have more shots in my arsenal though, and I have a mostly consistent miss again.

I have improved, however that improvement has focused on building better swing fundamentals. My scoring has actually gone up a bit. With my old swing I was more consistent, but it was clear my ability to improve was limited. So I completely changed my swing, and those changes simply take time to become entrained. I am at that point where I hit the ball better on the practice range than in play. I am also trying to hit more types of shots, in part because I can. I am confident that this year's work will pay off next year.

I would like to think I have improved. I have had spurts of really good golf. But prolonged spurts of the same level of golf that I had last year.

2015, so far, has probably been my best year of golf progression since 2007. My average score this year is below 79 and my putts per round are below 30. I am almost hitting 45% of my greens and I am hitting more fairways than I have in a handful of years (still not great, but getting better). My handicap is consistently at its lowest point, although I have only been keeping a handicap for a short period of time. One goal that I am still reaching for this year is to have my birdie% (10.00%) be greater than my double% (12.96%).

I started the year ok. then I got better and saw massive improvement. I actually thougth I would break 80 any day!

Then I started getting worse.

For instance, last week I played 3 days in a row. Shot 84, 91 and 96.

Today I was 13 over at the 9th hole and just left the course in disgust! No way I wanted to finish the 18.

I realize I will NEVER be good at this dang game!

Voted that I have stayed relatively the same, however I have traveled a little better this year than is the past. Used to go somewhere new and breaking 100 would be 50-50. This year I think I shot 100 once and everything else in the 91-98 range at courses outside the local ones I play all the time.

Most of that has been driving the ball ok, but hitting long 2nd shots really well this year.

Yes......

Beginning of the year I was vastly improved and now I feel like I'm where I was last year. I slacked on practice and lessons that let some old habits slide back in to the swing and I'm working to get rid of them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I improved, regressed and improved again. It is golf. It is a cycle with me. No time to practice and little time to play most weeks.

Definitely improved

My game has definitely regressed. Been hurt for most of the year. Handicap has gone up significantly since January first. Injury happened just before Christmas, so been battling it ever since. Hope to be healthy and have a good year in 2016.

Last edited:
Regressed. Early in the year started hot, but then came summer and a month of enough rain I couldn't play because of course closures and flooding. Rounds coming back after that were expected from lack of practice or play.

Tweaked my back two rounds ago and it's keeping me off the course for a bit until it can heal up. Tried to play through it last round and that was an error. Short game was looking good though prior to that!

I have improved by about 4 shots in the past year.

8/15/2014: 15.8
8/15/2015: 11.9 (and was as low as 10.7 trending to 10.4 until I got hit upside the head with the reality stick:act-up:)

Birdied my first hole of the year back in April.. All downhill since than

but this is what makes golf great really.

I was playing the best golf of my life be4 I tore my ACL in April. Rehabbed came back played well then had surgery in June. Won't be able to play till November and I'm sure I'll take a huge step back when I can play again :(

Backwards quite a bit this year.

Will right the ship in 2016

Regressed. Handicap has gone from 11.8 to 17.4 in four months. Highest in over 25 years.

Definitely improved. I'm probably down 23 strokes a round this year over last. At my level it's easier to make that sort of improvement of course. Putting has gotten much better and driving is starting to come around. Overall I'm happy with how the year has gone. I'm looking to take off another 12 strokes next "season" with improved consistency overall and short game play.

Cap has gone from a 5 to a 1. It's been a very good year of getting better - but it's also the first year since I hit scratch a few years ago that I've put a lot of effort into it.

Hoping life will allow me to continue doing so. It's been fun.

Improve for sure. Handicap has gone from 8.9 to 4.9 this year. Wedges and putting have been really good. Irons have been good. Woods are still a mystery.

Up until about 2 weeks ago I had regressed and stayed steady which is sad because this is probably the most I have played in the last 4 years. The last 1-2 weeks I have been improving and actually shot my season low, 77, today. I have to credit reading Zen Golf for a part of it, and a very understanding wife to let me play as much as I do!

Improved a lot imo. Cap is down from near 17 to 13. Keeping many of my rounds under 90 at my local county courses and that's been a goal of mine forever. No new PB to speak of but I don't care. Just playing more consistent has me feeling great about myself as far as my golf. Most rounds between 86 and 90 has been great for me. And only just a few have gone real bad. I been a happy camper :) with my improvement this season and we have more left to go :)

Back