What Would Be Your Golf Job?

drp3434

I'm either golfing or wishing I was golfing
Reaction score
Handicap
If you were to work one job in the golf industry, any job you wanted (equipment, apparel, courses, TV, etc), and you could get it now no questions asked, what would it be?

I would be a club designer. Not sure if I would want woods or irons though; assuming they're separate. I would probably lean towards woods though. All of the adjustability nowadays, seems like it would be fun to be part of the brains behind it.

(wonder how many will want to be a THP staffer :D )

Golf Course Architect

one thing I've learned is that you have to really love the golf industry to work in the golf industry.

Course designer is the only one that I would ever want, and I'd be dreadful at it. I've imagined par 3 courses that had no fairways. Instead, there were bushes and trees of varying heights that had to be hit over to get to the green. I've even designed an afterlife that is an eternal golf course in which all shots are perfectly struck so there's nothing left to do but conceive the shot. After an eternity, one would be playing par 5s that are light years long. Oh, and there'd be a keg on every tee box.

I think I would enjoy being a rep for a big club manufacture or even a grounds keeper at a big name course. Unless being Jordan Spieth could be my golf job, then I pick that.

Can honestly say there doesn't appear to be one job in golf that would have any appeal to me, I'm much better at stimulating the golf industry.

I'm living it.

THP Staff Writer.

OWGR #1

Golf course architect or club fitter. Every time I see a really good club fitter at work, I'm like "damn that looks cool".

I'd want to work in the Callaway/Odyssey Marketing department. It looks like fun

None - I want golf to be my hobby and not my job.

When I retire, I would probably look to get very minimal part time job (20 hours a week tops) as a ranger at a nice club that included free golf

Marketing dept position of some sort. Having friends that are reps for companies and talking to teaching professionals you have to really enjoy that work because the grind of the industry can wear on you.

Genie in a bottle version: tour pro

Attainable today: web developer

Attainable some day: club fitter

I think I would want to design clubs. Irons and wedges to be specific. Those are clubs where you can combine artistry with functionality and performance. Seeing something you created being played on Sunday at the Masters would be pretty thrilling too!

Teacher, nothing like making people better and bringing joy to the their game

Course architect, golf writer , Matt Ginella or Joe Passov's job, or caddie.

If I could have any job in the industry? I would be a PGA Pro player. Now I would have to magically have the skill to do this but that would be my dream golf job.

Golf course architect or club fitter. Every time I see a really good club fitter at work, I'm like "damn that looks cool".
I didn't even think of fitter. That would be a good one. I mean, your job would be to tinker...

one thing I've learned is that you have to really love the golf industry to work in the golf industry.

And you are going to get to play far less of it.

I would be a club fitter and club builder.

There are not many jobs that I could do golf-wise and still enjoy the game as much as I do today. I think being a superintendent would be one of them. You get to physically see the happiness brought to people through your hard work in creating a beautiful course.

None - I want golf to be my hobby and not my job.

When I retire, I would probably look to get very minimal part time job (20 hours a week tops) as a ranger at a nice club that included free golf

I thought I might do the same when I retired Joe, but I just really did not want the obligation to be somewhere at a specified time each week. You never know when a buddy will make a last minute call to tee it up :smile:

I would like club fitter or golf arcitect the most.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Back